Different

Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

~Indigo~


“It’s meeee! Did you miss me?” yelled Charlotte from the door.
“Charlotte!” I smiled, pushing the thoughts out of my mind and rushing forward to hug her. She didn’t know all of us that well and I wanted to stop that right here. She seemed like a great person and I know what it feels to e left out.

“Hey Indigo!” she smiled, hugging me back, kind of hard when holding Bob’s hand and Amy’s at the same time.
“Bob an’ sissy were doing dat last night” Amy informed us all, “Only there mouths were all stuck together an’ they was making funny noises like this” she said, and demonstrated, pushing her face into a pouty expression and making kissing noises.
“Oh Bob! Oh BOB!” she screamed, giggling.

Our mouths dropped open.
“Uhh!!! She didn’t mean that! DID YOU AMY?” Charlotte said, giving Amy a look.
“I did! An’ when I came in you’s didn’t notice. Charlotte was getting undressed, but she couldn’t do it on her own so Bob was helping her. Was you going to have a bath or somfing’ Lottie?” Amy asked innocently, trying to piece things together in her 6 year old mind.

“Hey look Amy! SKITTLES!” Charlotte pointed desperately in a random direction.
“WHERE?!” Frankie gasped and spun around.
“There aren’t any silly!” Amy laughed.
Then she noticed he leftover pancakes on the dinner table and she was off.
“PANCAKES!” she yelled, running excitedly towards the table, her toy monkey trailing tragically behind her.

“So…get up to much last night by any chance you two?” Mikey asked smirking.
“You’re a fine one to talk…” Gerard grinned nudging him and EmahLee, snugly slotted under Mikey’s arm, blushed.
“You two? But I thought you were already together! You were acting so…well…couple-ish at the zoo!” Charlotte said, obviously relieved now that the topic had gotten off Bob and her.

“Uh…no…But we are now!” EmahLee smiled, and Mikey squeezed her shoulder, kissing her on the nose.

“Oh god, don’t get all soppy…” Moaned Frankie, “Indigo! You and I are the only sane singles left in the room!! Well…apart from Amy but she doesn’t count…”
“Ha! You’re just jealous coz you’re dying to hook up with Indigo but are too shy too!” Mikey laughed.
“No I’m not!!” Frankie burst out immediately in his and my defence, going bright red.
“Yeah, yeah…OUCH! That was my FOOT Frankie!” Mikey yelled.

“Come on everybody in, shut the door I’m freezing!” Ann shivered.

~LATER~
~Everybody’s POV~


Everyone was huddled onto the little sofa with difficulty, watching “Edward Scissorhands”. Amy, although seemingly fascinated by the film, had fallen asleep on Gerard’s lap. Ann had gone home earlier, but still as it was, there was barely enough room. EmahLee was spread-eagled on Mikey’s lap (the two of them just happening to take up most of the sofa), Charlotte and Bob were sitting as close as they possibly could to each-other without causing public views of ultimate affection to the others, and Frankie and Indigo were pressed up against each-other so hard in the remainder of the room, that it was getting harder and harder to avoid the friction rubbing between their legs, which were pressed up against each-other because of the lack of room.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
“I’ll get it” Gerard said, because he was getting a dead leg from the weight if Amy on his lap, and gently gifted the sleeping six year-old off himself and onto the hunched up blanket on the floor.

~Gerard’s ~
There stood Kayleigh in the pouring rain, droplets trailing miserably down her short jet black hair and shivering pale skin as they mingled with her tears. She looked sad but in an eerie way, depressingly beautiful, standing there with her tear filled eyes. Hang on. I didn’t mean beautiful. Of course I don’t think she’s beautiful. Well I do think she’s good looking but…I tried to silence my mind, and reminding myself that I loved ANN, I spoke up.
“Kayleigh? What’s the matter?” I gasped, suddenly noticing that she had begun to cry once more.

“I’m…sorry” she gulped, “I just had an argument with m mum and I…I mean…it was stupid of me…I just wanted someone to talk to and I decided to come her coz…coz Mikey told me where you lived…” She finished, staring sadly up at me.
As if I could refuse her. She looked so sad standing there forlornly in the rain I found myself pulling her into a big hug.
She relaxed and looked a little comforted now she knew I wasn’t going to tell her to simply go away. As if.

Taking her coat, I led her inside, closing the front door gently behind us.