Different

Chapter 31

CHAPTER 31

~Indigo~


She stared at me blankly, her hair falling into her eyes. She hadn’t bothered to do anything with it, which was very unlike her, and there was black eyeliner smudged down her face, almost reaching her cracked lips, making her look even ghostlier.

“Josie!!! WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!” I yelled, panic rising inside me as I fought to keep sane.

Still she said nothing.
“What did Mum say?!” I said, changing tactic, my voice still high with hysteria.

“Mum’s out. No body knows...” Josie finally gasped, her eyes bearing more hurt than her voice, quiet and desperate, could ever strain to describe.

I ran forward and hugged her, her blood imprinting its self in sickly patterns onto my clothes.
“Who did this? Josie you have to tell me!!” I cried, tears of fear falling down my porcelain cheeks.
“No-one...No-one” She whimpered, as if deeply afraid to tell me. She clutched to me as I led her inside. I deftly steered her through up to the bathroom.

Clearing her wounds best I could, wincing each time she yelped when the open gashes stung. After a while, she looked marginally better, but she was still only just in a daze of consciousness, as the clean scars lining her face were as vivid as the painful expression she wore. It was killing me to see my sister like this.

I grabbed a blanket and made her dress in some clean clothes, rather than the blood drenched ones. She emerged from her room in one of her old tees and drainpipes.

I stared at her. She looked just like she used to, but with her blonde (and on my behalf, hated) hair.

Slowly and sadly taking in all the cuts and bruises covering my sisters arms, and face, I quietly repeated the hated familiar question that hadn’t left my mind since I saw her.

“Who did this Josie?”
A single, pained tear fell down her face in reply.
“You have to tell me Jo...I may be able to help...”
She looked sadly into the distance and let out a bitter laugh.
“No-one can help...” she said harshly, her voice full of malice.

I stared at her, the fear creeping back through my veins.

Suddenly, Josie ran to the window, and heaved it open.
“I HATE YOU!” she screamed out of the window, “I FUCKING HATE YOU!”
I ran towards her, pulling her back away and hurriedly pulling shut the window.

“I hate him!...I hate...him!.... I...hate...him....” She sobbed into my shoulder, slumping onto the floor as she lost consciousness.

Whoever had done this to my sister had fucking broken her. And I had a pretty good guess which sick bastard was to blame...