Different

Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

~Indigo~


“Josie!” I half yelled in panic, “Josie please wake up!!”
Tears began to stream down my face as I looked around madly for help.
What the hell was I going to do?!
What if she had concussion?

“Help me!! Please! Someone!” I yelled to the empty space around me, filling the silence with my desperate sobs of fear.

Suddenly the phone rang from the opposite room, as if answering my helpless pleads.
Almost jumping in the air for fright, I recovered my self and ran as fast as I could to the phone.

“Hi Indigo! This is Tori! I just phoned the others to see if you guys had fun on your little outing! Only the others said you had to go because there was something wrong with your sister. What’s happened, is she okay?”

“Tori!!” I cried into the phone, “Please, You have to help me! Please! I don’t know what to do and...” I began to sob, great shuddering sobs that shook my whole body. I couldn’t help it. What if Josie would have to go to hospital?

And What if she wasn’t okay? Mum would hate me! She’d be around even less! I already know it’s because she can’t stand to be with me! That must be it! And Josie had always been one of my best friends before she changed, as well as being my sister!

“Indigo! What’s wrong?” Tori gasped down the phone.
“Josie...she...she...I...She’s collapsed! I...I don’t know what to do!”
“Did she hit herself on something or just faint?”
“She just...fainted I think...”
“Okay what number is your house Indigo?”
“3, Terrace Avenue” I recited
“Great that’s close to where I live I’ll be over in seconds. In the meanwhile just keep calm and try to keep talking to her in a reassuring voice and try to get her to regain conscience okay?”

And with that the phone clicked and signalled Tori’s leaving of our short (and desperate on my behalf) conversation.

Turning as calmly as I could to my sister I bent down and began to talk quietly to her in a reassuring voice as I could manage just as Tori instructed.

“It’s okay Jo...everything’s gonna be okay...Its okay...” I whispered, half trying to persuade myself.

I noticed a large gash on her leg as if someone had kicked her. Who could have done this?! If it was...

“Hate him...hate him...”

“Josie!” I jumped at her sudden half-conscience whimper, trying to keep my voice to a minimum level of noise, so as not to startle her.
“Who do you hate Josie?” I whispered, trying to get her to keep talking before she lost consciousness again.

“Hate him...He hurts me...It hurts Indigo...”
“Who? Josie which bastard did this to you?” I whispered, my voice becoming more and more urgent.

“He tells me I must not tell...I cannot...When I try to protect you...he...and it hurts...so much...” tears began to stream down Josie’s face, which was twisted into a painful grimace, “Jake....I hate him...I hate Jake...”

I stood up, the world beginning to spin around me. Feeling slightly sick I grabbed onto the window sill to steady myself. Clenching my fists into claws until I left nail marks onto my hands, I shut my eyes tight, trying to pretend this wasn’t happening. My sister was getting beaten up by her arsehole of a boy friend.

Because she was trying to protect me. Because of me...all because of me...

“Indigo?” came a yell from outside the house...