Different

Chapter 37

CHAPTER 37

~INDIGO~


“Speaking of which...Why don’t we go for a walk of our own...?” Frankie whispered so close to me it made me shiver.
I couldn’t turn round.
Was this it?
Did he know...how I felt?
Don’t blow it Indigo. Don’t you damn well blow it....

Slowly I turned round and I felt his hand gently slip into mine comfortingly.
“Ready?” he smiled.
For what?
I didn’t care.
As long as it involved him I was as sure as hell ready....
“As I’ll ever be” I heard my voice say.

We made our way out of the bright white corridors and lingering smell of disinfectant as fast as we could.
Almost running to get outside, we past the front desk with a woman wearing a permanent look of disgust plastered on her face.
“STOP! No running in the hospital!!” she screeched as we sped past.

So we carried on running, Frankie only pausing to stick his middle finger up at her on the way.
“I had to deal with her when I came here earlier” he explained breathlessly, when we’d past her.

He grabbed the door and wrenched it open, pulling me through into the night.

We both began to laugh uncontrollably, our breathing heavy from running.
After we had recovered our breath, Frankie grinned at me once more and gestured to the path leading away from the hospital I had such awful memories from.

“Do you actually know where that path leads?” I asked, half laughing.
He seemed to be considering something.
Then, “No! But that makes it even better, right?” he smirked.
“Right. But if I get raped then you’ll be to blame!” I giggled.
“Well unless you think I’m going to rape you!” he linked arms with me, sending a tingle up my spine.

“You can’t rape the willing...” I mumbled.
“Sorry Indigo, didn’t hear you!”
“Uh...I said...uh...I can’t help from uh...grinning!” I panicked.
Yeah, like he’s gonna believe that...
He looked at me with his deep hazel eyes.
“Neither can I when I’m with you...” he whispered.
Shit.
Did he just say what I thought he said?
Did he mean it?
And why is my heart racing like the world has gone crazy?!

“I-I-uh...I...” I stammered.
He looked down quickly.
“I know how you feel” I finally managed to find the words.
He looked up sadly.
“You know what Indigo? I really wish you did...” he whispered.
Ignoring the fact that my head was going crazy and my insides had turned to mush, I uttered three words.
“So tell me...”

We had stopped in a clearing in the woods and now Frankie looked at me with such intensity it was hard to look away.
“I can’t tell you...”
“Why not?” I breathed, my heart falling.
He came closer and I felt my heart pounding and my cheeks flushed...
He was now so close that there was barely a centimetre between us. I could feel his breath on my neck as he lifted my chin with a finger gently, forcing me to look at him as the space between us got less and less...
“But I can show you...”

And with that, finally, after so much pain, so much lust, so many hidden feelings, yet so much love, our mouths melted together in one, incredible kiss. No tongue. No wandering hands. No abuse. Just innocent love.

Just, simple, amazing Love.

I felt Frankie pull me into him as his lips pushed onto mine. My legs had gone to jelly and I felt like I was going to collapse, but to hell with it.
It was finally happening.
I was kissing Frank Anthony Iero.

“Oh fuck Indigo! Shit, shit, shit!” Frankie moaned, as he ran his fingers through my hair, pressing his legs against mine. We managed to topple over onto the forest floor, Frankie on top of me with me trapped underneath. Though trapped wasn’t really the word.

I couldn’t have thought of a better place to be actually...

“Shit, Indigo you have no idea how much I’ve wanted to fucking kiss you since I first saw you...you just...I mean...shit! I didn’t know what the hell you were gonna do to me when I...when I kissed you then! I thought you were gonna hit me or something!” he panted, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

“As if!” I gasped, my breath as ragged as his, “I’ve felt the same...you can’t pretend you didn’t notice...”

“Well we did always seem to end up on top of one another!” he laughed beautifully; I could feel the vibrations in his chest as he spoke.

“So I guess nothing is very different from before then” I teased, propping myself up on my elbows and causing more friction between us as our my leg ran up his accidentally on purpose, a memory of what had happened last time he had tried to tickle me.

He looked at me and licked his lips purposefully, watching me squirm underneath him.
“Oh, but Indigo I can think of something very different from then” he smirked, and pushing me back down onto the floor again, he bent closer once more.
“This...”
And he kissed me passionately, his tongue finding entrance between my tingling lips.