Different

Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

-INDIGO-


The bell rang again for next lesson, and Frankie and I hurriedly put away our paints, giggling as we flicked water at each other as we washed up the palettes. Frankie is just about the only person I know who giggles as much as I do!

I had maths next, but Frankie had English, so we waved to each went our separate ways. Grudgingly, I made my way to maths, my all-time LEAST favourite subject.

When I got there however, I noticed an unfamiliar face. A girl with shoulder length auburn hair and dark, dark blue eyes was sitting in the corner with her arms folded looking bored as a few jocks through random insults at her. She had her nose pierced, I noticed, and also her ears twice in each. When she saw me, she smiled, and beckoned for me to come over. She seemed friendly, so I walked over to her, my bag swinging annoyingly on my shoulder.

“Hi!” she said, “I’m EmahLee. What’s you’re name?”
“I’m Indigo” I told her. “How come I haven’t seen you around before? Are you new too?”
She looked confused. “Too?” she asked.
“Oh right sorry, it’s just I met this new guy called Frankie today” I explained.
“Ah right” she nodded, “well I am new sort of, but not to this area or anything. I used to go to st.Ippolits?”
“The school which got burnt down?” I questioned her. St.Ippolits was basically next door to our school, and I vaguely remembered it being involved with the news because of arson.
“That’s right. Glad to get out of there though. Being stuck with a load of jocks and preps isn’t really that fun…”
“Yeah I know how you feel. I don’t really have any friends here apart from Frankie, but he’s only just come here of course. It’s stupid really. It’s not like I want to be some sad loner kid.” I sighed.
“Hey it’s not your fault!” she cried, “why don’t we hang out together?” she suggested.
“Okay!” I happily agreed. We spent the rest of the lesson messing about, and it went quicker than I expected. When the bell rang for lunch, we gratefully picked up our bags and wondered out into the corridor.

“Let’s go meet Frankie! You’ll like him trust me” I assured her.
“I can tell you do!” she said teasingly, “you’ve talked about him enough!”
“I don’t like him in that way!!” I denied, blushing for what had to be about the hundredth time that day.
“Suuurrreee! Anyway come on I’m starving!” she said laughing.

On the way we passed her classroom.
“Wait there” she told me, “I just want to get my Jacket!” she disappeared into her classroom. I was obediently waiting, when suddenly I felt a hand grab me by the back of my neck roughly, and haul me into an empty classroom, shutting the door behind us. “I told you I’d get freak…” a voice sneered. It was Jake.

-FRANKIE-

After English I went to find Indigo. I looked in our classroom but she wasn’t there, so I decided to go to the school field to see if she was there.

I walked in the shade as much as I could. It was boiling hot, and I was getting hungry looking for Indigo. I didn’t bother asking any jocks if they knew where she was, but after a while I saw a few people sitting slightly away from the rest.

“Hey!” the oldest-looking boy called out, “you okay there dude? You look kind of worried!” I walked over to them, encase they could help.
“Mind if I…?” I said, indicating to the space next to them.
“Sure, sit down!” said the boy who had spoken before. He had long, messy black hair and hazel eyes like mine. His skin was pale, and he was wearing all black. It gave him the look of a vampire in a way, but he managed to look seriously cool.

I slumped down against the tree
“I’m Gerard by the way” said the boy, “and this is Mikey my brother…” He said pointing to a tall boy with a hat pulled over his head and bangs which fell into his eyes and came down either side of his face. He wore glasses which were black with white frames.
“…and this is my girlfriend Ann” Gerard finished proudly; smiling and putting his arm round a girl who had dirty blonde hair and piercings in her ears and nose.
“Hi!” she said brightly, and I could see that she had her tongue pierced as well.

“I’m Frankie. You guys don’t know anyone called Indigo do you? Short, black hair, green eyes? My age? Only I can’t seem to find her anywhere” I said. They all shook their heads, but Mikey said, “Yeah I know who you mean. Year below me she is. Haven’t seen her lately though, sorry”
“Yeah. Well thanks anyway. It was real nice to meet you but I better go find her. Sorry” I said, reluctantly leaving the shade of the tree.
“Come back here with her when you find her if you want!” Ann called out to me.
“Thanks I will!” I called out, before turning back towards the corridors.

I hadn’t gone far when I heard someone calling Indigo’s name. I rushed towards the sound, to find a girl who looked about my age with auburn hair.
“You looking for Indigo?” I said, “Indigo Collins?”
“Yeah! You must be Frankie! I’m EmahLee. Why have you seen her?” EmahLee asked worriedly.
“No I haven’t. I’m looking for her too but I can’t find her anywhere!” no sooner were the words out of my mouth, we heard a huge crash followed by a yell which sounded as if someone was in great pain.

EmahLee and I looked at each other horror-stricken.
“Shit!” I cursed, “That’s her!” we ran towards the closed door of a class room where the sound was coming from. I kicked It open with my foot and saw something I'll never forget…