Different

Chapter 41

CHAPTER 41

~Gerard~


Shit!
Okay think Gerard! think...
“I think it’s about time we taught you a lesson Geerar...” sneered Jake.
I raised an eyebrow. Okay so the guy was tough and all, there were ten of them one of me maybe...but Geerar? I mean come on give me some credit!
“Gerard to you! You could at least pronounce my name right! Or is it too much strain for your brain?” I laughed bitterly at him.
“What the fuck?” Jake frowned, his brow creasing into a somewhat comical expression.
“Oh, sorry!” I replied sarcastically, clicking my fingers as if I’d just remembered something, “I forgot! You can’t walk and talk at the same time! Well your doing very well so far! Keep trying!”

His face contorted into a picture of rage, going from a disgruntled blush to a deep purple colour, as he struggled to contain himself.

I was playing with fire alright, but it was buying myself time so to hell with it...besides...it was amusing to see the range of facial expressions Jake managed to twist himself into.

“Fuck you! Twat!” He snarled in my face.
I could see the others begin to close in around me and felt familiar panic sweep through me, sending a sickening tingle down my spine, but I kept up my act. After all, it was (I hoped) the only thing stopping - or rather, delaying - Jake from bashing my face in...And if that started I had no chance, if I tried to hit him back they’d all be on me...

“Well done!” I enthused, a huge cynical beam plastered all over my face, “Now try to count to ten at the same time!”
I saw his eye twitch and managed to resist the urge to laugh. Suddenly I saw his right arm move slightly, and having been in this situation many a time before, caught onto the warning signs, and managed to duck out of the way a fraction of a second before Jake threw his fist into the air when my face had just been, causing a whoosh of air to whip past my ear.

Inside my head red hot thoughts were screaming panic, ringing in my ears as I drew myself back up, but I simply smiled and shook my head at him.
“Nearly Jake...nearly got me didn’t you?” I whispered bitterly.
“I’ll get you this time FREAK!” He yelled in my face, lunging once more towards me. I jumped out of the way once more, but before I could regain myself, he delivered another one, this time hitting me straight in the face with what must have been for him, a satisfying crunch. The coppery taste of blood filled my mouth, and Jake and his cronies laughed, back in power all of a sudden.

I thought about saying something but there was no point. There wouldn’t be any stopping them now.

I felt his fist make bloody contact with my face again, this time so hard it knocked me straight onto the dirty ground. I felt the world spin around me, and rush in and out of view. Someone kicked my head hard, and I knew I’d had it.

I managed to seize all my energy and spit the remains of the blood from my cold lips onto Jakes face. “I guess you got me fuckers...” I muttered, before everything went completely and utterly black.