Different

Chapter 45

CHAPTER 45

~Kyo~

I stretched out my arms as far as they would go, and let out a huge sleepy yawn. Hang on… why was I still in my clothes? I must have dropped off while I was…while I was…I screwed up my face in concentration. What had I been doing?
Oh shit!

If my memory served me correctedly then Gerard must still be in my house!
Unless he’d run off after what had happened the previous night.

To be honest I wouldn’t have blamed him if he had…
Oh my god, the embarassment!
The fucking cruel humiliation of it all!!
I wrung my hands dramatically, and looked up to the heavens (or rather the ceiling) praying to wake up again, the previous night unexistent.
Nothing happened.

I scowled at nothing in particular and rolled over to see what the time was.
8:00, read the chirpy face of my mini alarm clock.
8:00? I had to get to school in an hour.
Oh crap. School.
Now half term was over I had to endure this too?
Hadn’t I suffered enough already?

Figuring Gerard had gone home, I climbed slowly out of my mess of duvet covers and pulled my curtains determinately shut, cursing at the morning sunshine.
As you might have noticed, I really wasn’t a morning person.

Wrenching open the door, I stepped out onto the soft carpet of the landing, only to have the biggest (Okay – second biggest thanks to last night…) shock of my life.
“GERARD!” I yelled, having tripped over the older boy’s sleeping (and seemingly corpse like) body, and falling headfirst onto the floor.

“KAYLIEGH!” He yelled back equally loud, waking with a start and banging his head on the doorframe.
“What are you doing here?!” He asked, his eyes wide with surprise.
“I live here!” I replied with indignation, “what are you doing here?”

He frowned, as if something had slipped his mind.
We both looked confused for a moment, me (in my morning mood) having once more forgotten the goings on of last night.
Then at the exact same time it seemed to dawn on us.
“I’M SORRY!” Gerard shouted
“I’M SORRY!” I shouted, a fraction of a second later than him.
“KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE!” yelled the old lady who lived next door to me.

We looked at each other, completely ignoring the voice from the house next to mine.
“I didn’t mean to walk in on you, I should have knocked, I just had no Idea…I mean I didn’t know that…that you…because I’m not really used to this kind of thing, I know I should have knocked and-” Gerard babbled, his face showing a what would have normally been an amusing range of wide-eyed expressions.
I held up my hand, my face even redder than his.
“You didn’t know. I mean, I shouldn’t have run upstairs like that, you were just checking if I was okay. It was no problem. Well it turned out to be, but it wasn’t your fault…” I trailed off.

He nodded, showing great interest in his shoelaces as he twirled them round and round his finger.
“Sooo…” I nodded back slowly.
“Sooo…” he repeated, still avoiding my gaze.
“It never happened” I said in a rush, as he nodded rapidly.
“Never, never!” he agreed, daring a look at my face, and immediately reverting his eyes back down to his shoelace once more.
Then he took a deep breath and stared straight at me.
“I am sorry though, really sorry…” he gulped, “Lets just…keep it to ourselves shall we?”
“I don’t think Ann would be too happy to find it out…” I agreed nervously.
His face drained to paper white at these words.
“Oh shit…” he gulped, “Well as I told you…things aren’t going to well between me and her already…”
I patted him reassuringly on the shoulder, not being able to bring my self to hug him after what had happened between us.

Though I wasn’t too sure myself what exactly had happened between us…