Different

Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

EmahLee and Frankie=


Indigo was slumped on the floor against the wall, hot tears burning and mixing with the blood which trickled down her terrified face. She was barely conscious, and in front of her, blocking her way out, was Jake, blood on his fists. But he wasn’t at all shocked at what he had done. It wasn’t fear that was engraved on his face like Indigo. No. The expression that was playing on Jake’s face was one of hate mingled with a sickening smirk at the bloody mess he had managed to turn his victim into.

Frankie=

I couldn’t stand it. Seeing Indigo like this and what that asshole had done to her…I just completely lost it. “YOU SON OF A BITCH!” I screamed, and hurled myself at him as hard at I could, knocking him clear off his feet.

The burning anger which was searing through me was unbelievable. I couldn’t believe someone could be as heartless and disgusting to treat another human being this way. I had only just met indigo but she was a brilliant and individual person who had the bad luck to be stuck with a load of Jocks who had nothing better to do than beat the crap out of her. I didn’t know why, but I felt so strongly about her already. Almost as if we had known each other all our lives, not one brief school day with a couple of shared lessons. I couldn’t lie to my self anymore. I liked her. And more than a friend.

Suddenly the thoughts of me and Indigo possibly being together disappeared as quickly as they had come as I looked back at the present Indigo, covered in blood.

The Anger slashed itself back into my mind. I took a deep rattling breath, trying to calm myself, but it was no use. So I did the only thing I could think of in this situation. I let the anger take me over and punched Jake over and over again, choking, almost spitting out the bitter words, filled with hate between each punch.
“YOU…*punch*…WON’T…*punch*…GET…*punch*…AWAY…*punch*…WITH…*punch*…THIS!!!” Jake, taken aback by my sudden attack, had no other reaction at first but shock and pain.

After my punches, any normal person would be out clean. But this was Jake we were talking about. Jake who was captain of the football team. Jake who was about twice the size of me. Jake who was in the year above me. Jake who could have his face masked with blood and still be able to pick up someone like me and turn to smash that someone against the wall till they were almost knocked out. Just like he had done to Indigo by the looks of it. And unfortunately that’s exactly what he did to me. Picking me up by the back of my collar like some kind of doll, and hauling himself up, he turned my choking face towards him.

“Hello freak two. Won’t get away with it huh? Look at little Indigo over there. Got away with that. And I’m about to get away with doing the same to you. You got that?” but before he could slam me against the wall, possibly breaking a few of my bones in the process, I seized back my strength and kicked Jake hard in the nuts. He immediately let go of me, and rolled onto the floor, writhing and moaning in agony.

Regaining my breath, I felt a surge of triumph, and delivered another swift kick, this time to Jake’s stomach. He doubled over again, still on the floor, and I bent down and put my face close to his.
“Don’t ever fucking touch her again. Have YOU got that?!” I snarled. And to my great enjoyment, slowly, painfully, he nodded.

EmahLee=

While Frankie was dealing with Jake, I ran over to Indigo to make she was okay. I almost laughed at that thought. Okay?! Somehow I didn’t think so…
She was deathly white, which just contrasted even more horribly with the dark red blood which covered her face, and coming out of her nose at an alarming rate.
“Indigo! What the hell did that motherfucker do to you?!” I gasped.
Tears spilt out of her petrified green eyes, pouring down her bloodied face like rain in a thunderstorm.

“He…He…just pulled be into here anb started punching be anb...he…he slammed be into the wall. I tried to call out for somb-one but it just hurt so buch…”Indigo broke off, trying to control her breathing, which was coming out in shallow gasps. I tried my best to comfort her, and then even though I felt like shouting I was so worked up, I asked her calmly, “Why are you speaking like that? Is it your nose?”
Indigo nodded. “I think I might hab broken it” She said thickly, trying to stop the steady flow of blood seeping out over the carpet from her nosebleed.

Just when I was about to panic, the door opened and in stepped a boy with long dark down to his collar. He surveyed the situation with a look of amazement on his face.
Then he looked down at Jake whose face and knuckles were covered in blood and who was lying on the floor with Frankie standing threatening over him, and then back at me and Indigo. “Shit guys!! Frankie!!! What the fuck happened?! I just heard you shouting and came to see if you were alright. Ann and Mikey are back in the field still.” Frankie looked at the boy and began to speak.

“I found Indigo. Me and EmahLee here did” he said, pointing at me, “and we also found out what this git did to her” and he kicked Jake again.
The boy looked incredulously at Frankie. “So you did that to him? Jeez….well done! You pack quite a punch for a little guy don’t you!? I’m Gerard by the way” He said.

Frankie grinned proudly, and then remembered Indigo sitting there in the corner.
“Indigo is gonna be okay isn’t she?!” he asked worriedly. Gerard rushed over to Indigo. “Hmmm…looks like she’s broken her nose. Come on love let’s get you to hospital” he said straightening up.

But before any of us could move, the bell rang for end of lunchtime, and we heard footsteps echoing through the corridor towards us. They stopped abruptly, and the door handle turned…