Status: Finished.

Breaking The Rules

Breaking The Rules

Rules are plain boring. You know the basics: listen to them and you don't get in trouble. Either way, though, you get in trouble somehow. It could be by breaking curfew by a few little minutes or accidentally spilling something.

You know what? I've never been the goody-good type who listened to the rules all the time. Rules are made for breaking, and I'm the one who likes to break them.

There are so many ways to get in trouble; it makes the fun more worthwhile! More fun for me equals a happy me, no fun equals a sad me. Get it so far? Good, because I'm going to go deeper into this 'breaking the rules' thing.

People should be able to be their own person and all of these rules shouldn't have to stop them, even though it does. All of them are afraid to get in trouble and face the consequences, whether minor or major. Hell, I'd be more afraid of those major consequences where you could get sent to jail for a long time. Seriously, have you even heard what happens in prison? I have and I certainly do not want it to happen to me.

Going out to a party during the night, drinking with a few friends, getting to know a few hot guys... Now that's what I call fun. I mean, dancing like an idiot's fun because you can laugh and make fun of yourself, right? Plus, you get to hook up with a cute guy during your partying time! What fun is that? A lot, it is.

Dragging Ali into this whole 'party scene', though... It might be rough on her, but hey, she needs to get out and have some fun! I mean, all she does is sit around her house and work on her homework! That's no fun, now is it? She seems to be enjoying it, though. I mean, she'll sit around me and listen to the girls and I talk about whatever we can think of. She's danced with a few guys, too, though I made sure they kept their distance. If they were to ever randomly grab her ass, the next thing they would be feeling is pulsing red mark on their face from my palm. Even though I drag her into a dangerous scene, I'll have her back so she doesn't get hurt. It's what best friends do for each other, eh?

Dad, however, disapproves of my partying habits. He says that I barge in at four in the morning, wake up at eight, and go to work at nine all grumpy from lack of sleep. He says that I should stop or I could get fired; he had to call my boss to get him to give me a second chance. Luckily, it worked, but now I'm starting to realize that I'm screwing it all up again.

Maybe breaking the rules isn't all fun and games. When it comes to breaking the rules, you're in your own little world where nothing could possibly go wrong and you're having all the fun you could get. Once you come back into reality the next day, however, everything starts to fall apart before you and you have to be serious with life. You have to work to earn money so that you can buy your own home, furniture, etcetera. Without a job, you can't earn money to spend on luxuries like that.

Breaking the rules screws up your mind, it takes over you. It makes you think that you're ever-so unstoppable in every way, shape, and form. Truly, no one can be unstoppable. Everyone has a flaw that stops them, everyone does.

I'm starting to think that I should calm down a little bit before it gets serious. The alcohol is one thing, but drugs and smoking goes a little farther. You could kill yourself with those! I'd rather keep my lungs, thank you very much!

I don't want my friends and my parental figures to worry over me, though. A big figure I don't want to worry in my life is my dad. I mean, he's been the best dad that I could ever have. Eh, as corny as it may be, if it even is, it's true. He's given me the best advice, although sometimes it never worked out so well. My dad's a big part of my life, as Ali and Sierra. Those girls are my homies, my best friends. They've also been there for everything and anything; I've grown up alongside them my whole life.

Then there's Damia, the little smarty pants who just has to obey the rules. OK, maybe she is right when she tells me that I should stop. Even though I like the fact that it annoys her, I shouldn't be doing it for that one stupid thing. It annoys her, but what if I worry her? I feel like I shouldn't care, but then there's this pang of guilt that wells up in my stomach. It... hurts, a lot. I want it to stop, and it probably won't stop until I stop worrying everyone.

Everyone I love is probably worried about me ending up in a hospital bed, in a coma, or in my deathbed, a coffin, six-feet-under... They know I can't be perfect, but they want to keep me away from that type of situation. Dad doesn't want to see me dead, not before him. I don't, either, but it has to happen sometime. Though, I'm too young. I'm only twenty-one, the age where I can drink.

It won't be easy, but with the help of my friends, I'll get my life back in order so I don't have to look in the newspaper for a job or two.

This is coming from Nereza, the screwed-up rule-breaking daughter of Braig, one of Ansem The Wise's assistants.
♠ ♠ ♠
Songs listened to: "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" and "LoveGame" by Lady GaGa, plus "Let Go (rock version)" by Three Doors Down.

This is told in Nereza's point-of-view; for anyone who doesn't know, she's my OC who's Braig's daughter.

Part of the 100 Themes Challenge: 50. Breaking The Rules.