Status: Finished.

Breaking High

Grand Finale

Rekxry groaned from her place behind Ekarix. "Ugh, out of all the people in the world and I have to be stuck with you idiots?" She complained in a whiny voice as the eight other people continued crawling through the air vent system.

Ekarix sighed, but then hissed in pain and rubbed her forehead as she bumped her head. "I don't even know why we're here..." She muttered loud enough for Rekxry and herself to hear before stopping and looking back at Rekxry, who glared when she was stopped, "But shut up and stop complainin'!" She yelled at Rekxry, startling her. She gave a mule kick with her foot to Rekxry's face before continuing onward behind Joxsuah. Rekxry rubbed the spot that was kicked, sneered, and continued crawling.

"Will you two just shaddup? We got work tah do and I jus' wanna get it over wit'!" Lexi growled as she kicked the vent shaft open and looked down at both the metal platform and the guard below. She grinned a not-so-nice grin before turning back to her 'crew', mace ready in hand for her plan. "Stay up 'ere while I take care of a minor obstacle." She turned forward and slipped out of the vent, landing shoulder-first with a thud and a muted groan.

The guard looked around and up at the platform, but Lexi flattened her body against the platform so she wouldn't be seen. The guard only sighed and went back to his patrol.

Joxsuah chuckled as he heard the thud. "Heh, fail." This earned him a slap on the butt from Ekarix behind him, which caused him to fake a moan. "Oh Eka, I never knew you felt that way..." Of course, he was kidding because Ekarix snickered a little. Rekxry rolled her eyes and sneered at their 'immaturity'.

Rexconn looked down below to see the guard sprawled out unconscious and Lexi motioning for them to come down. He nodded and looked behind him once more. "OK guys, we can go down now." With that, he slipped out and landed on the platform with a thud.

Joxsuah whimpered, looking down at the far drop. 'Oh shit-zhu, this is gonna hurt a lot...'

Nereza sighed from behind Rekxry. "Just jump! It ain't gonna hurt that bad!"

Damia shook her head in disagreement from behind Nereza. "Actually, it probably will."

Nereza rolled her eyes. "I wasn't being serious!" She hissed in a whisper to the girl behind her.

"... Oh..."

"May someone please push him out? I'm starting to feel very warm up here," Sierra complained as she wiped some sweat from her forehead. Ali nodded in agreement.

Starting to become frustrated with waiting for Joxsuah to get out, Ekarix took the hook off of it's chain and suddenly poked him- hard- in the behind.

He yelped out in pain and lurched forward as he slipped out and landed, chest-first, on the metal platform. He whimpered a little as the pain shocked him awake and he bit his tongue to keep him from crying out loud.

Reattaching the hook to the end of the chain, Ekarix grinned as she threw the hook and chain out, happy as it latched onto a sturdy pipe, before wrapped the other end around her waist. She got a grip on the chain above and around her waist as she jumped out and swung, swinging in mid-air as she untied the chain around her waist and unlatched the hook hanging onto the chain as she made it disappear before landing on top of Joxsuah, who groaned from her weight and hitting the ground once more.

Rekxry sneered. "I can do that, too, y'know..." She held up her wrists and shot out two medium-sized disks that wrapped around the same pipe. She gripped the 'rope' tightly as she jumped out, only to have her wrists yanked, hard, as she stopped at her climax of the swing. However, the weapon disappeared before she could retract the disks as she landed on the ground with a thud, shakily regaining her balance as she got back up. She smirked in triumph as she made her way over to Rexconn.

Nereza let out a 'woot' as she slipped out, but landed with a loud thud as she landed, cheek-first, on the ground.

Damia sighed as she slipped out, hung onto the ledge, and let go, landing on her feet as she stumbled a bit, regaining her balance.

Sierra didn't seem too willing to jump. "I'm not jumping unless someone's catching me! I could hurt myself!"

Rexconn sighed as he made his way over to the open vent. "OK, I'll catch ya."

Grinning in satisfaction, she slipped out and landed in Rexconn's arms as he stumbled before putting her on the ground. Shaking his hand, she said, 'thank you' and made her way towards Nereza and Damia.

Ali looked a little nervous as she bit her fingernails. She nervously looked back and forth between the people on the ground.

Sensing her nervousness, Joxsuah decided to catch her, but Ekarix had the same idea.

"Hey, I was here first!" Joxsuah yelled as he tried to push her out of the way.

"No way dude, I'll catch her!" Ekarix responded as she shoved him back.

Seeing her opportunity, Ali jumped and landed on Ekarix and Joxsuah, squashing them under her weight. Muttering a shy 'thank you', Ali made her way towards the three other girls: Nereza, Damia, and Sierra.

Since everyone was out of the vent, Lexi decided to continue with the operation. "Alright everyone, while you guys were getting out of the vent, I managed to knock down the guards blocking our way with Rex's help. Now, let's get going." She walked down the hall with the gang following behind.

"So... What are we supposed to be doing?" Rexconn asked as they made their way through the narrow hallway.

"There's a vault down at the end 'dere; we're supposed to high jack it an' take whatever's in it, I guess," Lexi responded as they arrived at a metal vault door.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Ekarix asked, seeing the door was sealed shut and security pad-locked.

Lexi got out a paper from her jean pocket and started punching in numbers on the security pad. "Stole it from a knocked out guard who had it..." The security pad made a 'ding' sound as it turned green and the door to the vault opened.

Seeing that the floor had lasers, Lexi dragged Ekarix to the front and pointed to the pipe above the case of the treasure. "You get us the case an' we're outta here," Lexi said with a smirk.

Ekarix nodded as she summoned her chain and hook, winding it up and throwing it as it wrapped around the pipe tightly. Tying the other end around her waist, she stepped back before running forward and jumping, swinging above the ground and grabbing the case.

Suddenly, the hook and chain suddenly disintegrated in black flame as she dropped to the ground, cracking the case and tripping the alarm. Startled from the noise, she ran back to Lexi. "What now?" She asked, hurriedly.

Lexi smirked. "No prob, we just portal out of here." She tried to summon a dark portal, but couldn't. She tried again and again, but only got the same result. She blinked. "Oh shi-"

A hefty officer stood in front of the group, blocking their only way out. "Alright, freeze with your hands up!"

Only Damia, Ali, Sierra, Rexconn, and Rekxry did as he said, but Ekarix and Joxsuah seemed to have other plans.

"Charge!" Ekarix yelled as Joxsuah charged at the officer, managing to catch him off balance and knocking him aside so Ekarix, Joxsuah, Lexi, and Nereza could run out. The other five, however, stayed in place in fear of being shot.

Sighing, the officer decided to turn in the five he actually caught. It was crammed in the back of the officer's police car, but they managed to fit as Ali sat on Sierra's lap and Rekxry sat on Rexconn's lap with Damia unhappily squished in the middle.

At the police station, the five people's parents were called to come bail them out.

Walking into the station half an hour later, Iralia and Raxilia walked into the building to fetch the kids.

Iralia sighed and placed her hand on her forehead. "Why would you do something like this, Damia? While I'm on this topic, why'd you drag poor Ali into this? Now I have to explain this to her mother! You should know how uncomfortable I feel near that woman!" She exclaimed to Damia.

Damia nodded her head shamefully. "I'm sorry, Mother."

Iralia huffed. "You're still grounded from seeing your friends other than in school."

Damia only nodded her head again.

Raxilia chuckled upon looking at her two 'children'. "I'd never think you two would be caught in a crime. I'd think that it'd be more in Zerenax's field, or even Ekarix's."

"What about Joxsuah?" Rekxry complained, crossing her arms.

"... I'd think he'd be arrested for attempted rape," Raxilia said with a chuckle, imagining the situation he'd be in.

"I'm sorry I did this, Raxi," Rexconn immediately apologised with a bow.

She nodded. "Quite alright, Rex."

Rekxry huffed. "It's not my fault I'm in this situation; it's all Ekarix and Joxsuah's fault, along with Lexi's!"

Raxilia shook her head. "I highly doubt one of my second-in-commands would do something like this, Rekxry."

Furious as ever, Rekxry glared at Raxilia before looking away and giving a little 'hmph'.

Proud of themselves, the other four managed to get out of the building and headed for their homes. They said their good-byes and walked home.

Once home, Lexi sighed and went to the kitchen to get a pack of ice for herself as Joxsuah headed upstairs with Ekarix following him like a lost puppy, going to treat whatever wounds they got from jumping.

Nereza opened the door to her home, which belonged to her and her only. Seeing Lynx on the couch, she chuckled as he watched the news.

Upon hearing the door shut, Lynx jumped up and looked at Nereza. "Hey Nez, you're on the news," he said, blankly.

Her response was a minor smirk. "I know that; was it for that drunk driving and I got my license revoked for a bit?"

Lynx nodded. "Yeah, pretty much."

"Sucks that I can't drive, but you're not getting away with not driving me to the pub on Friday's," Nereza said with an evil smirk.

Lynx groaned, facepalmed for living with his sister, and began to think about how bad she'd mess up his car when she became drunk. The possibilities were endless as he tried to shake them out of his head with no success.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lynx (c) Hailo95100 on DA.