Upire Magistus

Nighttime Dreams

Jayden groaned as he rolled over in bed. Next to him, his wife's outline showed. Madison, his wife of however many years, slept peacefully. Something knocked onto the ground, and a child screamed.

Jayden groaned and pushed himself up with his elbows, then from there swung his legs over the bed and trotted down the hallway. His house was big, a mansion if you say, and he didn't live in it alone. Indeed, he shared it with Madison, his wife, and six kids- three adopted, three born to him.

Other than Jayden's little family of kids and two parents lived his two sisters and their families, in another part of the house. Sabrina, the middle sister, had a boyfriend, and is about to get married in a few months, while Avi, his oldest sister, had two daughters and husband of her own.

The child's screaming got louder, and another one was screaming. Jayden rubbed his head with his hand and pushed open the door, turned the light on and looked at his three youngest sons. Jayden's oldest born to him son was Billy, a dark brown, almost black haired, seven year old, with stunning brown eyes and a nack for creativity. He was pulling his pillow over his head as his father walked in, seeing as he had the bed farthest from the door.

His other two born children were twins. They had light brown hair and blue eyes, like Jayden, and they were fighting, typical of four year olds. Allen, who was the youngest, had the middle bed, protected by two of his older brothers. He had tear streaks down his face and Seb, who was the other four year old, was yelling.

"Sebastian, calm down. Get to bed," Jayden yawned, pulling his son away from his brother. Seb pouted and clambered into his bed, grabbed his bear stuffed animal and was out like a light. "What's wrong, Al? Did you have a nightmare?"

Allen nodded, and sniffled. Jayden hugged his son, "Would you like to sleep with Daddy tonight?" Allen nodded, again, and picked up his pig stuffed animal. Jayden picked his son up, and carried him out, turning the light off and shutting the door on the way back.

As Jayden walked back to his master bedroom, Allen put his head on his shoulder and fell back to sleep, holding onto his pig for dear life. Jayden placed Allen between him and Madison, and slipped in after him, and was out as fast as his son was.