Status: Christmas Break is coming up. I'll be able to write more, then. ^.^ Finals and presentations and projects....Gah!! I haven't given up on this, though, promise! I have somewhat of an ending written...And I love it!

Weeds

December 3rd

The Art Teacher decided to play an old mixed CD in class today. She’d found it in a drawer of her desk. She had no idea what was on it, but she thought it was full of classical music some student had put together some years ago for a presentation. She was wrong. It was full of kiddie music…meaning songs from Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks movies. Listening to the first song, Teacher thought that the CD had been her daughter’s…and she couldn’t believe it because the disk would’ve had to have been put in that drawer so long ago. It had been sitting in there the whole time.

The second song on the disk was “Once Upon A December,” from the old movie Anastasia, and I found myself singing along quietly. I hadn’t had a chance to tune the world out with my earbuds, yet.

After a moment or two, I realized that a thousand eyes were burning into my cheek and shoulder. I looked up to see everyone staring at me.

“She knows this song?” someone hissed.

I shivered.

Of course I know that song. I love kiddie music. The original compositions for those movies are some of my favorite pieces. They have been my favorites long before metal and punk. In my old school, people knew that. When a song like that came up in conversation, people would grin at me, knowing. When someone had an argument over some kiddie movie (which did happen on occasion), they would always turned to me for the final word.

How have I let myself slip so far gone?