Status: Active Joint story between me and my darling Kit Kat

The Other Part of Me

Chapter 8

Alyssa’s P.O.V

I quirked an eyebrow at what Alice had gotten Lil into and smiled slightly, but I couldn’t laugh. I was to worried. It had been 3 hours since the pack went out, and I felt like I was going to die any minute. It wasn’t necessarily the pack I was worried about, it was mostly Desi. She gets reckless in fights when her adrenaline gets pumping and she gets excited. I’m not sure that was bound to change with being a werewolf.

I glanced at the door, for what had to be the 15th time in the past half an hour.

“Lyssa, Desi is fine. Don’t sweat it.” Kait promised, patting my knee.

“I can’t help it. When she’s out doing her wolfy things. . .How can I protect her?” I asked.

“You don’t. She protects herself. . .and I’m sure Jake is protecting her too. And Embry, and Paul, and Quil, especially. Hell probably even Jared.”

“Wooh! That was fucking awesome!!” Desi’s voice echoed through the whole house.

Destiny’s P.O.V.

“Wooh! That was fucking awesome!!” I yelled, as I slammed the door of the big house open.

Someone tackled me into a hug, but I stayed rooted to my spot as I hugged Alyssa back.

“Wow, calm down, hun.” I laughed.

“I thought you were gonna die.” She sobbed, squeezing me.

“Okay. Thanks, I guess.” I nodded, patting her back.

I lead her to the couch, where she collapsed, dragging me with her. I kept my arm wrapped around her, and rubbed her back soothingly as I comforted her. We sat there for a little while, just hugging each other. Emmet walked up behind me and started rubbing my shoulders, which wouldn’t have done much for me if he hadn’t been a vampire.

“We need to get your tattoo.” Sam said, leaning against the wall.

“Do I have to get the same one as you?” I asked, rolling my neck.

“All the traditional pack members have to get the same tattoo.”

“Dude. I’m a chick. I’m not exactly your tradition werewolf.” I told him.

“Alright. You win. You can get whatever Tribal tattoo that you want.” He sighed.

I pumped my elbow and stood up, since Alyssa had stopped crying. Alice looked at me, and nodded her head in approval, while Edward just rolled his eyes.

“You have to come with me.” I told Alyssa.

“I can’t watch them stick a needle to your skin.”

“Why not? It’s not that bad.” I blinked.

She shook her head, appalled.

“Fine, Lil, you can come with me, since I already know Kait’s answer.” I said, glaring at Lyssa and her.

“Can I get a tattoo, too?” She asked, bounding over.

“I don’t know.” I shrugged, as we walked out into the woods.

“Oh.” She sighed.

“Wait here.” I ordered, before walking far enough away that she couldn’t see me.

I quickly phased after taking off my clothes. I picked them up into my mouth, and dropped them next to Lil before laying down so she could climb up. She grabbed a handful of my fur, and hauled herself up with my clothes tucked under her arm. I waited for Jake to come over, and then we started running through the trees, being careful not to hit Lil with any branches. I stopped a little ways into the woods to phase. I snatched my clothes from Lil, and quickly changed into them.

We walked close together out of the woods to the tattoo parlor. I saw Haylee’s car, and drug Lil quickly so I could introduce them.

“Haylee!” I yelled, running over and hugging my cousin.

“Hey, Desi! What’s up? Here for another tattoo already?” She laughed.

“Yes actually. But first, things first. This is Lilian. The newest addition to the Quilete pack.” I laughed.

“I’m Haylee. Mostly people call me Lee. I’m Desi’s cousin.”

“I’m Lilian, most people call me Lil, or Lily, and I’m Kait’s friend.”

“I see. The one from Atlanta?”

“She told you about me?”

“No, Destiny did. She said Kait wouldn’t shut up.”

“Alright. I want this one.” I said, pointing to a Tribal tattoo, with a Nautical star.

“Of course you do. Where?” She asked.

“My shoulder.”

Time Lapse: 2.5 hours later

“Finally done!” I exclaimed, rolling my shoulder.

“You’re gonna need to keep that bandage on for a while.”

“Sure.” I shrugged handing her the money.

“Come over for dinner sometime.” Haylee suggested.

“Of course. See you later.” I laughed.

I kissed her cheek, and we walked out. As we entered the woods, I pulled off the bandage to see the tattoo already healed.

“Ahh, that ups of being a were-wolf.” I sighed, just before I phased.

Alyssa’s P.O.V.

“Do you think they got attacked by a vampire?” I asked, worriedly, as I paced the length of the room.

“I didn’t see anything like that happening. She’ll be fine.” Alice assured me, in her bell voice.

I sighed, and kept quiet, but continued my pacing. Kait was watching me with bored eyes, as was the rest of the pack. Jake had accompanied Desi to the tattoo parlor, then came back. Why he didn’t stay with her, I don’t know. I would have felt a lot better if he had. The entire pack was watching me, and by the sound of their sighs, they were getting tired of my pacing.

“Babe, calm down. They’re fine.” Jared laughed, hugging me.

“No. . .No they’re not. Oh my god. There are vampires. They’re there. They’re attacking them. Desi’s all by herself. Oh no!” Alice yelled, running out the door.

Jake and Quil were the first to react, darting out the door and phasing, as they jumped off the porch. Paul and Jared were next, letting me go, and taking off after them.

“Keep them here.” Sam ordered Emmet, as he backed out of the house.

Destiny’s P.O.V.

I glanced around me, and saw all of 7 vampires. I had no idea these things traveled in packs! I thought that the Cullens were the only ones! The vampires stared at Lil with there blood red eyes, looking hungry. I crouched low above her, keeping her guarded with my body as I snarled at them. The one behind me attacked first, causing me to whip around and snap my teeth, taking a chunk out of his face, but not taking off the entire head. I whimpered as one of the vampires grabbed my front leg, and another pulled my back, causing me to stretch. I snapped at them, but I couldn’t reach far enough. I heard 2 pops, and knew both my legs were dislocated, and it wouldn’t be long before they tore them off completely.

The one in front of me was gone in a flash, then another disappeared. I saw a flash of Russet fur, then brown fur. Soon There was grey, and grey, and black, and sandy brown next to me. I grabbed Lil by her shirt, and lifted her up, carrying her to Paul, before turning back to one of the vampires that was still alive. I opened my mouth, letting out a loud growl, before I closed my mouth around his arm, biting it off in one go.

I threw it somewhere away from here, and went for the head next. It scrambled to back away, but I was to fast. I closed my mouth around the head, and pulled up, tossing it into the air. I looked up just in time to see Seth jump up to catch it. He gave me a wolfish grin, before setting the head in a pile of other body parts. Alice was running around, bringing them back to burn. As I finished pulling it apart Alice set the pile of body parts on fire, causing a purple smoke to fill the woods, and a sickly sweet aroma, to swirl around me.

Jake and Quil pressed themselves to my sides, holding me up, as I tried to limp towards the house. Paul had Lil on his back, and she watched me worriedly, as I nearly fell 4 times.

“Sorry we didn’t get there sooner.” Alice apologized, looking guilty.

I nudged her in assurance. I mean, at least they got there, before they tore me in 2. When we got to house, they encouraged me to phase back. Something that wasn’t easy, considering the anger, and pain the was coursing through me. When I finally did phase back. I collapsed due to the fact, that my leg was dislocated.

“Are you sure your okay?” Jared asked, as he kneeled next to me.

“I’m fine. I mean, I’ll survive.” I shrugged, pulling myself into a sitting position.

Carlisle came out and, and kneeled in front of me. He laid his hand on my shoulder, and then shoved, sending a quick shock through my shoulder. Then he had Emmet hold my hips, as he wrapped his hands around my thigh, and pushed, sending the same shock through my leg.

“Oh my god, that feels so much better.” I sighed, leaning against Jake, who was sitting next to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Destiny's Tat

Alright, since we actually had to withhold posting chapters to get this many comments we're gonna ask for 8. We'll most likely go back to our regular 5 for me and 3 to write, 6 to post with Becka, but I think we're gonna go with 8 for a little while, to get up our comments, and commenters. Alright, Thanx!

Oh, and They'll be more interaction with Haylee, later on in the story, goodnight.my.love'!!

Check out Characters to see more on Haylee!!