Under the Moon

falling in love,

She'd walk down the streets of Sheffield with a small bag in her hand, her brown hair blowing with the wind. Striking brown eyes would gaze the streets with a small smile directed at everybody who she passed. Her skinny and tall figure passed many envious gazes as her daring clothes stuck out stunningly in the crowd. Eyes followed her everywhere she walked, some of jealousy. Chelsea Marie Scylason was beautiful, that was a true statement.

Chelsea woke up to the annoying sound of her alarm clock. A look of agitation crossed her face as the red lights beeped twelve 'o'clock in her face. She quickly got out of bed and ran into the bathroom taking a quick shower. She dressed in a white shirt with a grey cardigan and blue skinny jeans. Her feet sported comfy brown boots. Running quickly to her kitchen, she grabbed her car keys and headed off to downtown Sheffield.

She arrived at the building in fifteen minutes, running in the front doors with her laptop which nearly slipped out of her grip. Chelsea headed up the stairs into a busy office. She quickly set her stuff down in her desk and got set up before walking over to her friends and grabbing a cup of coffee.

"How was your night?" Natalie asked softly typing information into her computer.

"You mean with Max? He said he had 'important stuff' to do. I'm done with him, seriously. I just watched TV and phoned up some friends. Nothing much." Chelsea groaned before asking the same question back.

"Ah. Lee took me out. It was swell. He's such a sweetheart!" She blushed softly letting a giggle escape her lips.

"Sure." She laughed "I always thought you had a thing for Vegan, you two seem cute together."

She scoffed and turned back to her computer. Tom came bounding up to her with a goofy smile on his face. Chelsea pulled him into a tight hug. They talked for a while before she headed back to her desk and started working on editing some of the pictures.

She had the most perfect job anyone could ask for. Well, she could ask for. Chelsea loved photography, photo editing, and graphic design. She worked for her best friend and in a environment that held no tension at all. Everyone was friends with each other and could be themselves around each other. Life was perfect.

"Chelsea" A soft whine came from behind her desk. She laughed softly knowing the exact person who was crouched down behind her desk. She brought her leg back slightly before swinging it full force colliding with his body.

"Ow!" He screamed before standing up slightly leaning on her desk. She laughed at his pained expression and looked up at him.

"Come get lunch with me." He stated with a pout on his face. Chelsea's smile dropped a tiny bit knowing that he would win this no matter what. His pout got to everyone. [strike]almost as much as his looks did.[/strike]

"I just got here. I needa work, sorry." Chelsea tried her best to repel the adorable look placed on his face. Her gaze was now staring holes into her blank computer desktop.

"But I need somebody to go get lunch with me!" He whined again. After a few more tries she gave in.

"Good then," He beamed holding out his hand. Chelsea reached down to grab her bag and and took his hand in hers, and they walked out of the office and into the busy Sheffield street. They ended up going to a small cafe ten minutes away.

He became the perfect gentleman, opening the car door for her, getting her chair, and treating her like she was the world. That was one of the things Chelsea loved about her best friend, he wasn't a lazy slop, who seemed like he didn't care. He treated Chelsea like she was his world.

They sat in the little coffee shop for a bit more than an hour talking and laughing about the simplest things. There wasn't much that could beat their friendship, they kept each other the first priority. Nothing ever did, if there was a problem they would push it away, if there was someone, something, pushing them apart. The two had been best friends since they were five, and it was destined to stay that way.

"I think Max and I are through," Chelsea lightly stated stirring her coffee.

"Oh, yeah Tom said something about that. Why though?" His questioning eyes looked up to face hers.

"He's been distant lately. I put effort in the relationship but he doesn't at all. It's just, he doesn't seem like the guy for me, y'know?" She spilled quickly.

"Oh. That's tragic. Did you talk to him at all last night?" He asked uneasily.

"Yeah. I-I told him we should hold off for a while. He hung up on me pissed off. I think a 'while' means forever to him." She joked lightly a sparkle appearing in her dark brown eyes.

"Sure is. Well I'm glad your off him. Didn't fancy him much," A small smile broke out on his flawless face.

"Ah. So any lucky ladies for you?" Chelsea prodded laughing.

"Nope." A simple one word answer was given, nothing more, nothing less.

"Stop lying. You're Oliver Scott Sykes and you're telling me there's no special ladies," She sent a joking glare at his direction.

"Exactly! I mean yeah I know ladies love me but just not the one I want!" He laughed.

"Way to not have an ego," She rolled her eyes "Who do you want?"

"I dunno, I just. Somebody who really means something to me. Just not somebody I know I'll be with for the next few months, years even but it'll eventually break apart, y'know. Like every other relationship. I want somebody, I know I'll stay with." He gushed out.

She nodded "That's a lot of people to figure out, won't it?"

"Yeah, I know who she is. I feel like she'll turn me down right away. If I even said anything. I don't want to ruin anything between me and her." A small smile played at his lips but his eyes screamed sadness.

"You have to take a chance. And I don't know how many times I've said this, or I will. You never know until you try." Chelsea reached over to lift his head to level hers "Any girl would be the luckiest person on earth, if they had you"

She really meant that. They've been best friends forever, but soon after years of hanging with each other almost every day, feelings started to cloud and make themselves appear. She fell for Oliver, and she fell hard. The way he treated her like she was the most important thing in the planet. The way he would throw off a girl just to be with her, it pissed many of his girlfriends off, but it made her feel like he cared. What she didn't know, was that he fell for her too, hard.

"Well I'll go out on a limb here and do what you just told me to do," He stated.

"Good!" She smiled half heartedly "I taught my best friend well."

"Well here it goes," He laughed lightly "You wanna go out with me tonight?"

Chelsea was taken aback for a few moments. Did she hear him right? He wanted to go out with her? A small smile crossed her lips before she answered a simple one word answer, the one the both of them wanted to hear.

"That's good then. We'll go right after work?" He glowed in her direction.

"But I need to get ready!" She threw her hands up in the air. Oliver laughed lightly before assuring her she looked amazing.

After they finished eating they went back to the office with happy looks on their faces. She spent the rest of her hours editing photos and working on the new Drop Dead website happily. You Me At Six's CD, Take Off Your Colors, was played through her earphones the whole time. After five hours a small whine came from underneath her desk again. Chelsea laughed grabbing her bag and taking Oliver's hand in hers. They walked out of the building into the already dark streets of Sheffield.

"I love the lights. They're always so pretty." She let a sigh escape her lips catching Oliver's attention.

"Yeah. I love it here at night. And It's even better now that I'm with you." A cheesy grin appeared on his face as Chelsea's face turned red.

"Where are we headed?" She asked softly.

"You'll see." He smiled dragging her into his car.

Oliver brought her to a little restaurant located directly in downtown Sheffield. The interior seemed fancy, with pretty booths and elegant lights, yet Oliver and Chelsea's grey cardigans blended in perfectly there. They sat down at a booth and ordered some food. They sat there and talked for a little while before they headed out to his car again.

"Where to now?" She questioned once again.

He sent a daring smirk in her direction and pulled her into his car again. They drove to a park that was pitch black except for the cute lamps down the pathway. Oliver got out of the car and ran to her side to get the door for her. Blush crept into her cheeks as she once again took her hands and they walked down the pathway.

"It's beautiful," Chelsea smile out loud as they stopped at a bench, looking up at the starry night sky and beautiful moon.

"I can think of something more beautiful than that," Oliver said cheesily leaning in to kiss her cheek.

"Yeah, yourself" She giggled lightly leaning against his shoulder.

"It feels good here. Peaceful, and kind of romantic," Chelsea thought out loud softly.

"It's perfect. You're perfect. Y'know?" He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her in closer.

"I really like you Oliver. But what about everything else?" She sighed "I'm amazed at how things can change. Now here we are under the moon and it's beautiful. The stars clear the black of the night, and I'm with you."

"We'll run away from everything you hate. To everything you wanted. To everything you love. We'll pull through this" He smiled looking her directly in her soft brown eyes "Someday we'll have it all. Chelsea, You and I, We're going to be stars"
♠ ♠ ♠
contest! ; comment and let me know what you think !