Status: This will explain why I haven't been updating - www.mibba.com/journals/read/187925/

Keep the Pain Away. . .

Chapter 11

My music turned to soft and sad songs. I barely registered them as I reached in my pocket and took out a ten dollar bill. I didn’t have much money on me at the moment. I walked up to the register and got my book paid for.

As I was walking out, a light mist started. It didn’t bother me, I just went over to the bus stop and waited. The chill started to get to me so I pulled out my DC sweatshirt. I Sat there fiddling with my sleeve. I wanted to read but the only thing stopping me was the fact that I was in a big, unfamiliar city.

I laid myself on the hard cold bench and laid my duffel bag on my chest. Inkheart lay open on my chest as I tried to decide if I wanted to read it. I just sat up and put it in my duffel bag. The bud finally showed up.

“Zeeva?” A voice caught me a little off guard but I just turned around to see Jake.

A smile struggled it’s way to my lips but I just strangled it back. “Yes?”

“I could give you a ride to….wherever you needed to go.” Jake’s eyes were flickering from me to some place in the street.

“Uhh…Sure?”

“Kay, good. Let’s get going. My Rabbit is over here.”

“Nice car.” I complimented emotionless as I slid in.

“Where to?”

“My Aunt’s house.”

The car ride was silent on the way out of the city. I let my head rest back but my guard never came down. My emotions were still hidden deep inside me. I was still being careful of what I thought.

Jake tried to make small talk but my one word answers usually ended it.

“Is it okay if I get gas in town before dropping you off?” Jake asked.

I turned to look at him. His eyes looked sad but the unsure smile made me feel bad. “I don’t care. Are there slushies there?” The fake preppiness in my voice made him laugh.

I smile almost made it’s way to my lips. A twitch of the lip was all I managed. Jake gave me a curious look but soon turned his attention back to the road. I started to play some of my music on my iPod but thought it rude that I was listening to music when I should be making small talk.

I shifted uncomfortably. I racked my brain for interesting topics but I kept coming up blank. Wow. I really have been out of touch socially. My gaze shifted to the gas station coming up. I was usually excited if I could get a slushy but I felt…nothing.

Jake stepped out of the vehicle so I went inside to get a slushy. There was blue and red. I was stumped. I thought about mixing them but then again that would make a cherry berry slushy and those weren’t very good in my opinion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. It might be really sucky because i havent been able to really concentrate due to FAMILY problems. FML! Lol

Love to those who comment and have read My sucky story LOL!!!!

¿¿¿¿¿¿Starz??????