Status: This will explain why I haven't been updating - www.mibba.com/journals/read/187925/

Keep the Pain Away. . .

XxXxXxXxXxXxX 30 XxXxXxXxXxXxX

I saw Sophie right away when Jake set me down. She ran at me and enveloped me in a warm embrace. I squeezed her back before letting her guide me to the driftwood fire. I sat on one of the logs but it was starting to make my back cold so I sat on the pebbles/sand and let myself enjoy the warmth. I listened at everyone talking.

I picked out Sam but the other twelve or so people, I had no idea who they were. Glancing around the circle, I found Jake sitting next to two others in a semi-heated conversation. The girls sitting next to a few guys I had assumed them to be the imprinted girlfriends.

“Take a marshmallow.” Sophie shoved one in my mouth just as I was about to say something.

I chewed then swallowed. “Who is everyone?” I mouthed to her.

“Introductions everyone! This is Zeeva so show some respect!” Sophie exclaimed.

They all laughed.

Blush crept up to my pale cheeks. Then all the guys stood up. Brady, Quil, Embry, Seth, Paul, John, and Logan. (Apparently the last two were additions to the pack.)

Then there were the girls still up at this hour. Leah-John‘s imprint, Maria-Brady’s imprint, Jessica-Embry‘s imprint, Hannah-Seth‘s imprint, and Rachael-Paul‘s “imprint”. Also Sophie was Quil’s imprint.

I nodded and gave a smile. Goosebumps started to coat my skin as the wind blew off the ocean. I shivered. Then my personal heater slipped behind me and the wood. I leaned against Jake and smiled. Moments like these were going to be cherished in my heart.

***************

I had dozed off under the stars with Jake beside me at the bonfire. That’s all that I had remembered. I never remembered being brought to my aunt’s or Jake leaving. I was missing him. He was starting to become a big part of my life now that he had broken my barriers and seen me break down to the point where I couldn’t walk.

I dragged myself out of bed and changed my clothes into oversized black sweatpants and a neon green spaghetti-strap top. I slipped on my slippers and tied up my hair before trudging down the carpeted stairs. I could smell chocolate ship cookies when I started towards the kitchen.

Once I entered the kitchen, all hell broke loose. No joke. My aunt was red faced and screaming at the top of her lungs. I couldn’t understand her so I just walked to the fridge and blocked her out. I grabbed a water and a few warm cookies before walking away.

My head throbbed and my internal clock was messed up. It felt like six in the morning but when I looked at my clock in my room, it told me that it was four in the afternoon. Great…I missed my M.M.A class.

I gave Fred a quick call and told him that I was not feeling well. He also seemed to agree to quickly to my suggestion of moving it to only a class once per week. Weird…

I slipped out onto my balcony in the cold late summer air. I sat on the railing and shut my eyes only for a moment. When I opened them, I saw Francisco smiling. His eyes were a dark brown now and not the bright red like last time I had seen him.

“Hey!” I greeted him cheerfully.

“Ah! The beautiful fire of happiness has light your eyes my dear! How lovely.” Francisco smiled before taking my hand gently and kissing it.

I smiled before awkwardly pulling my hand away from his. I slid off the balcony but my hand slid across something sharp on the railing. Blood started to ooze from my hand. Francisco eyed me hungrily.

Fuck me!!!

“Jake!!!!” I screamed before something happened so quickly that I was enveloped into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh shit oh shit oh shit!!!! This MIGHT be the second to last chapter....

Tell me what you guys think...

Don't hate me...