Status: This will explain why I haven't been updating - www.mibba.com/journals/read/187925/

Keep the Pain Away. . .

4

“I never knew why you had to come with live with us. My mother never told me. She just said that you had a rough life this past 15 months and stuff.”

Zeeva’s breathe seemed to hitch in her throat and it looked like she was about to cry. “Can we go back…home,” Her voice cracked on the word “home”, “Maria. Please!”

Maria gave her a sympathetic look but gently put her arm over her shoulders and started guiding her back to the trail away from the part of the beach. I saw a flash of something white and a black streak chasing it. Shit…

I started sprinting towards the forest. The Bloodsucker noticed the girls and started towards them. I barely made it into the forest before I phased. I turned around and practically wrapped my body in front of the screaming blonde and the quiet Zeeva.

Protect the females. Sam’s voice growled in my thoughts.

I didn’t even answer back I just growled at the leech in front of me. She hissed as I watched her red eyes dart for a place around me. Her black hair whipped around her face as the wind picked up. A few stinging raindrops hit my muzzle. I bared my teeth at her as she screeched at me.

The vamp lunged at me but I was waiting for her to do that. I snapped my massive jaws at her. She nimbly dodged them but managed to rip her arm off.

[c]Zeeva’s P.O.V.[/c]

The large russet wolf stood in front of Maria and I. Maria finally fainted, thank God. She was really starting to get on my nerves. I felt a prick of fear but I had had much practice suppressing my emotions and analyzing the situation.

The very pale yet beautiful girl was being blocked by the large russet wolf who was growling like mad. I could tell that this beautiful beast was protected my cousin and I. I still found it hard to believe that this angelic woman could be much of a threat but then I saw her eyes and that almost made my fear come out of the suppressed emotions I had.

I flexed my muscles as I saw more massive wolves step out of the forest. From what I could see, there were about nine. I think. I cautiously took a step forward. The russet wolf backed towards me. Maria was still lying on the ground. I reached my hand around and touched the soft yet coarse fur.

I was amazed at the softness and the reddish colors. There was a tint of black in the guard hair. I noticed that the wolf’s ears came up but he still had his teeth bared at the angelic looking woman. Suddenly the rest of the pack - as I had guessed it to be - attacked. I pressed my face in the fur and tried to block out the screams.

Something cold touched my wet skin. I looked up and saw Big brown eyes staring me down. The wolf nudged me with its black nose again. I let the wolf push me over to Maria. She was soaked now from the rain. Same went for me.

The wolf whined as he looked at Maria. “She only fainted. I might need help getting her back to the car.” I said the last part to myself.

The wolf seemed to understand me. Odd, but I just brushed the feeling away. I threw Maria over my shoulder. She was actually light but I still struggled to carry her since my legs were weak from…fear? I couldn’t tell, because I was numb.

The Russet wolf followed me, making sure I didn’t fall. I was really liking the wolf, even though he was bigger than a horse. He simply followed as I gently set Maria in the passenger seat. The russet wolf was right behind me as I turned around and it gave me a start.

I smiled. An actual smile. Pure and genuine. He leaned closer and nudged me playfully with his nose. I could tell that he was being careful and gentle but I just wrapped my arms around his soaked neck. I had a feeling that this was going to make me all shocked and freaked out before I go to bed.

Right now, I did not care!
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and rate!!!!!

>.>Star=}