Status: This will explain why I haven't been updating - www.mibba.com/journals/read/187925/

Keep the Pain Away. . .

Chapter 7

I sat on the ground getting cold from not moving. Soon my teeth were chattering but I couldn’t find the strength to get up. The very handsome and muscular man helped me up. His hands were extremely warm so I leaned towards him, slowly resting my hand on his shoulder. His body heat wreathed around me.

“Introductions first before I warm you up.” His voice was rough yet kind, but the last word was distorted by a yawn.

“I’m Zeeva Smith.” I told him quietly and I wasn’t sure if he heard me over the noise form the rain.

“Jacob Black. What are you doing outside in this weather?” He asked close to my ear.

“I could ask you the same thing. Well, I like the rain and I need something to take my mind off… some stuff.”

Jacob nodded but yawned. His body seemed to relax as he stood with me leaning in his arms. I had a feeling that he was about to fall asleep.

“C’mon. You’re practically falling asleep on your feet. The place I’m staying at has a extra bedroom you could sleep in until the rain stops.”

Jacob nodded and draped his arm across my shoulders. He was so…warm…and…sexy. I let Jacob lean into me.

“You’re name is quite odd.” Jacob told me in a very tired voice.

“Yeah, it is. It means “wolf” in Hebrew.” I pushed all my memories back.

Jacob didn’t push for any information, probably because he was too tired. I could see my aunt’s house through the thick rain. A car was driving cautiously along the road. Lightening lit up the sky with a deafening boom afterwards.

The car stopped and I saw Meredith’s head poke out the window. She hollered something at me but a crack of thunder drowned out her words. I felt Jacob tense but he started leading me towards the car.

“What are you doing out in this kind of weather?! Both of you!!” My aunt Meredith yelled.

“It wasn’t this bad when I started out for my walk. Then I met Jacob and he seemed really tired so I told him that he could stay at the house at least until the rain stopped. If that’s okay.” I replied, leaning closer to the car.

Jacob’s arm was still draped across my shoulders and my arm was still around his waist. He seemed to lean towards me as if trying to protect me from my aunt.

“it’s fine! Just get into the car!”

We obliged and got into the tiny vehicle. Jacob practically took up half of the backseat but I didn’t mind. I just leaned against him because he was keeping me warm.

“Zeeva,” Meredith turned around, “Jacob is going to have to sleep on the couch in your room- Jacob Black! I haven’t seen you in a long time! How is your father?”

“School and my job has been keeping me pretty busy. For my father, he is doing well.” Jacob pulled me closer to him.

“It’s nice to see you. Oh my, you look so tired! Why is that?” Meredith pressed on.

“Extra work shifts.” Jacob yawned.

I was starting to feel pretty tired myself but I didn’t show it. I was getting so comfortable snuggled against Jacob that I almost smiled. Almost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. Also just tell me if you want a part in the story and i'll see if i can squeeze you in. Trust me, in this story, not all the pack members have imprints...yet. *Wink Wink*

[=Star=]