Click, Click, Shoot!

Afraid of a Lot.

“You’re welcome. Now come on, let’s get everyone’s order.” He said, guiding me out of the kitchen.

“Should we ask the others what they want?” I asked. Jordan nodded.

“I’ll call Alex. You get everyone else’s order.” He said, pulling a notebook from a drawer and handing it to me along with a pen. I looked at Nathan, putting pen to paper. He quickly gave me his order, and then I moved into the main room of the bus where everyone else was sitting. I quickly got their orders and then Jordan came back with Alex, Jack, Zack’s and Rian’s orders, handing the sheet of paper to me.

Christofer came back from the front of the bus, and his smile was wide. “The bus driver said it was all okay. He’s gonna radio the other drivers and then they’ll pull over at the nearest Mickey D’s.” He said, hopping onto the couch. I grinned.

“Good.” I said, taking a seat next to him. Getting out of this bus, even for a few seconds, would be nice.

Soon, the bus was pulling off the highway and into a McDonald’s parking lot. The other buses followed, and a few excited girls surrounded them, squealing loudly.

“They’re going to be disappointed when it’s just me.” I said, laughing as I stood up. Jordan tossed me his credit card, and I walked off the bus. Pushing past all the fangirls, I walked into the McDonald’s. I waited in line before reading off the list of food that all the guys wanted. Sheesh. There was a whole lot of food on here. You’d think I was feeding an army, not a few guys.

The lady behind the counter gave me a sympathetic look as she rang up my order.

“Lots of guys, huh?” She asked as I swiped the credit card. I nodded, and she smiled.

“I know how that feels. You’re looking at the youngest of 7, only girl.” I raised my eyebrows. That must have sucked growing up.

“Wow.” She laughed, nodding.

“Yep. I know how it is. The guy part, at least. Not the traveling with superstars.” I was a little confused until she motioned towards the tour buses.

“Oh. Right. Yeah, that certainly adds to it.” I said, laughing quietly. She chuckled, sliding the bags of food towards me, along with the cup holders. I eyed it warily. I had no clue how I was going to carry all of this.

“Uh, can you hold onto that for like, two seconds? I’m going to call my friend and have him come help me.” I said, pulling my phone out and dialing Jordan’s number. She nodded, and I thanked her silently.

“Hello?”

“Uh, Jordan?”

“No, it’s Christofer. What’s up?”

“Oh, it’s Ruby. Can you come help me with all of the food? It’s a lot more than I thought.” I heard him laugh, and those butterflies flitted up for a quick second.

Bug spray. I reminded them, and they settled down. Kind of.

“Sure. I’ll be right there.” He hung up and I hoped that those girls wouldn’t maul him on his way out here. I put my phone away in my pocket and picked up as much as I could in my hands, watching the door for Christofer.

He stumbled through the door, the loud screams coming in during the short seconds the door was open. He flashed me a sheepish smile, looking absolutely adorable.

“I made it.” He said, moving towards the counter and picking up the rest of the food and drinks. I flashed him a thankful smile, and then thanked the lady behind the counter, who smiled brightly before wishing us a great day. We walked towards the door, and Christofer paused, eyeing it warily.

“What’s wrong? Afraid of a few teenage girls?” I teased. He laughed.

“No, not afraid of a few. Afraid of a lot.” He corrected, looking out at the tons of girls.

“How do they even know you’re going to be here?”

“They don’t. It always works like this. A few girls are here, and then they see the buses. They call friends, who call friends, who call more friends, who all show up here. And then they eat us alive.” He said, looking at me again.

“Well, we have to go out there sometime.” I pointed out and he sighed.

“I know. It’s just dangerous.” He put on a brave face, moving to the door. “Let’s go.” I followed him and we quickly moved out of the door, the screaming instantly getting louder. I cringed, but kept moving forward. Christofer stayed close to me, close enough that I would have been blushing if we weren’t in such dire danger.

The girls were scarier than I thought. They reached and grabbed and pulled at Christofer and sometimes me on accident.

“Christofer?”

“Still here.”

“We’re almost there!”

“I know!”

We pushed through, until I stumbled and nearly fell. Christofer whirled around quickly, grabbing my hand and holding me close to him. Once his arm wrapped around my waist, the camera phones started clicking. I ignored them. They would probably just end up on Facebook so other fans could see them. No big deal.

Christofer pulled me onto the bus and the door slammed shut behind us, locking out the screaming fans. Jordan rushed over, his eyes wide.

“Are you alright?” He asked, taking the food and drinks from Christofer and I. I nodded.

“Just a little shaken up. I didn’t realize how scary it was.” I said with a nervous laugh.
Christofer chuckled, his arm still wrapped around my waist. Jordan gave it a pointed glance and we stepped away from each other immediately, glancing at the floor.

“Let’s eat.” Jordan said, and Christofer’s band mates surrounded us as we each got our food. We all sat around to eat, laughing and talking on the way to the first venue.