That's Where You Take Me

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Matt sat on his bed and shook his head as he thought back to what had happened that afternoon. She hadn’t listened to him. She hadn’t let him talk. She had kept interrupting him. He had been ready to apologize to her. But he couldn’t get a word in while she went off. Okay, so admittedly he freaked the fuck out and went a little too far off the deep end, and he could’ve handled it better. But she hadn’t given him the chance to. He slammed a fist into the wall as he stood and walked out of the room and downstairs. There was one way to deal with this and he wasn’t entirely sure he wanted to do this. But calling Jacoby was probably the only way he was gonna win her back. And if the man found out what had happened he was probably going to kick his ass. Matt stopped in the bathroom and looked at his face. There was a bruise on his jaw from where Michelle had slammed her fist into his jaw.

Jacoby answered his cell phone in a very bad mood. It was ten at night and he had just put his baby sister on a plane to New York with her friend Median.

“What in the hell do you want you fucking ass hole?”

“She already talked to you.” It wasn’t a question.

“Obviously.”

“She wouldn’t let me talk. You have to help me fix this I was going to apologize…”

“You’re a little too late.”

“Why?”

“Her and her friend just left for New York for a while.”

“Dammit… Did she say where?”

“No and even if she had, I wouldn’t tell you.” and with that Jacoby hung up the phone. He shook his head as he walked from the airport. This whole thing was bullshit.

Median and Rowan said nothing the entire flight to New York. When they got there they got a cab and went to a hotel for the night. Both of them were saddened by everything that had been going down for the past few days.

---four weeks later---

“Median, c’mon we have to be there to pick my brother up in an hour, if we don’t leave now…”

“Ro, I missed my period.”

“Stress, your just late lets go…”

“I’m not late, I’m not getting one.”

“What?” Rowan said stopping in her tracks.

“I’m pregnant.” Rowan looked at her friend and didn’t know what to say. They jumped as the phone went off on the counter. Rowan grabbed it.

“Hello?”

“Hey, we’re just gonna meet you at the arena.”

“What… why?”

“Just because, okay, don’t worry about it, everything’s fine. See you in half an hour.”

“Wait you guys are already….”

“Yes…”

“Dammit, fine”

“What’s with that?” Median asked as Rowan slammed the phone down.

“They’re already at the arena.”

“What the hell?”

“That’s what I said, look we’ll deal with that…”

“Later yeah.” Due to traffic the girls walked in almost an hour later and Rowan gave her brother half a smile. He hugged her and told the two to stay close to him. They shrugged and did as he asked. They found out why a moment later. They past one of the other bands and Rowan closed her eyes so she wouldn’t have to see Matt, who was completely oblivious to her and Median, because he was too busy shoving Val against the wall and lowering his lips to hers. Brian was sitting on the ground not three feet away from those two with some blonde tramp. Median closed her eyes as well and they both clung to Coby. The ones that saw them said nothing. There was too much in their eyes that showed they wanted to forget. And they obviously hadn’t known that Avenged Sevenfold was going to be there.

Median let the tears fall the minute that they were safely away from them. It was going on June so it was fairly warm and yet she wore long sleeves and a pair of old denim jeans. Coby looked at the heartbreak in both girls eyes and sighed. It was going to be a long night. Rowan couldn’t believe that he had brought Val. After everything that had happened you probably thought he would have learned his lesson, but apparently not. The whole night every time she saw Val, the bitch had a smirk on her face. There was nothing Rowan could do about it either. She wanted to rip the bitches heart out and shove it up her ass. Median on the other hand sighed and watched nothing in particular as they waited.

It was right after the Papa Roach set that Val fucked up. She started flirting with one of the stage crew and Rowan shook he head. It was none of her business. But damned if it wasn’t. She missed him. She was standing with her back a wall and the next thing she knew someone was walking up behind her saying her name. She turned and acted like it didn’t phase her that he was there, but when her eyes met his all resolve she had gotten in the past month flew out the window. She wanted him still and there was nothing to do about it. He was standing there, and he had obviously just gotten offstage.

“Rowan…”

“Matt.”

“How’ve you been?” He asked quietly.

“Better.”

“I’m sorry.”

“What the hell do you have to be sorry for.”

“Not shutting you the fuck up a month ago and talking over you. For going off about the shit with Val and Brian. For hurting you.”

“Matt…”

“No, this time it’s my turn to talk. I can’t figure out shit without you.”

“I don’t…”

“And Val, she tagged along… I didn’t expect to see you anyways and …”

“Are you with her Matt?”

“No”

“Do you want to be?” Rowan asked

“No… Rowan, I love you. I was going to apolo…” a and she cut him off with a kiss. He didn’t mind at all. He smiled a moment later when she pulled away from him.

“Matt…”

“Next time I won’t be an ass.”

“Next time I’ll let you explain instead of being a bitch.”

“Come home with me Ro… we’re just out here for this one show…”

“On one condition…”

“Anything.”

“You fix the pieces of my heart that you broke.”

“I can do that…”

“I love you Matt.”

“I love you too Rowan.”