That's Where You Take Me

I'm Pregnant

Two days later Matt was sitting on the couch watching a movie when Rowan walked in the door arguing with Median. He raised an eyebrow at the two women and shook his head. He smiled though when he caught site of the ring on Rowan’s finger. He wasn’t loosing her again, that much as for damn sure. She was his, and they had already managed to talk Jacoby out of killing him. Especially after they had found out only yesterday that she was also pregnant. Matt had told her he was happy and she knew from the look on his face that he was telling the truth. He stood and Rowan walked to him letting him wrap her in his arms. They were everything they needed. She held on tight and whispered to him.

“Don’t let go.”

“I won’t.”

Median was only there because there was a party that night, so she walked upstairs to take a nap. Today made it official she was four weeks pregnant. And so was Rowan. Rowan was even more pissed off at Brian than before now that she knew that not only had he taken Median’s virginity he hadn’t used a condom. She hadn’t been able to not tell Matt, but he had promised not tell and was letting Median move in with him and Rowan. The guys hadn’t been around much the past two days but they would all be there that afternoon.

Brian was sitting on the front porch at his house and he wanted to scream as he saw that everyone around him seemed to be happy. She had left for New York, and as far as he knew, she hadn’t come back when Rowan had. He wished that maybe everything would have gone better. He wondered if she would talk to him. He wasn’t going to the party that night he glanced up as Michelle walked up the front walk.

“What are you doing here?”

“Dragging your ass to the party.”

“I don’t want to go Michelle.”

“Well I have to go so you have to go.”

“No”

“Dammit, Rowan wants us there.”

“Yeah so she can beat the hell out of me again?”

“Do not make me call your dad.”

“Please, you’re my ex-girlfriend, he won’t do anything.”

“Fine…” she dialed the all too familiar number and when his dad picked up the phone she began talking. “Hey Mr. Haner, Brian refuses to go to Matt’s party.”

“And you’re trying to make him go why Michelle?”

“Because Rowan wants him there.”

“Give me ten minutes.”

“You’re dads on his way…”

“Alright damn I’ll go… call him back.” Michelle did that and ten minutes later the two of them showed up at Matt’s. Median was in the kitchen with Rowan when Brian walked in to get a beer. Median turned and walked from the room when she saw that Michelle was beside him. Rowan rolled her eyes. Brian didn’t see Median. Who was as Rowan had discovered contemplating going back to Montana. Matt shook his head when he grabbed the beer out of Median’s hand before she drank it. She had been bringing it out for Leana who was wrapped up in Jimmy and had asked her to get one for her. Median glared at him and plopped down in a chair. She crossed her arms over her chest.

-- Median’s POV --

‘how the hell could he show up with Michelle like that. I thought she was on my side. Why they hell do I even care? It’s not like he cares about me. He probably didn’t even realize I was there. I watched as he walked out talking to Rowan and she shook her head. Hopefully Rowan wouldn’t point out that she was there. I glanced at Matt and he looked at me like well go tell him and I flipped him off and stood walking around to the front of the house. There was nothing that I could do about him being there. The minute I got the front of the house I saw Frankee and Zack making out on the hood of his car and shook my head.

-- narrators POV --

She sighed as she leaned against the wall in the garage trying to avoid everyone. She glanced up as Michelle said her name. She did everything to keep her eyes void of emotion.

“Michelle.”

“Median, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be fine?”

“You look upset I figured I would come see what was up with you.”

“Yeah what’s there to talk about Michelle.”

“Sweetie, I’m married, I’m not here with Brian, I was just told to drag his ass over here.” Median stood up a little straighter and uncrossed her arms from over her chest.

“You’re married?”

“Happily. You thought I was with Brian…”

“Well, yeah I mean you showed up with him and the two of you were laughing…”

“You like him don’t you?”

“Who?”

“Brian”

“I don’t know…”

“This is about that is it. Hey c’mon lets go get a beer and go upstairs and talk, Alex won’t be here so I’ve got nothing better to do.”

“I can’t drink.”

“Why the hell not?” Median glanced around making sure no one was listening.

“I’m pregnant.”

“That mother fucking bastard.”

“Chelle, don’t…”

Matt and Rowan were out back talking to Johnny and Lacey when Matt stood to go get them all another beer and Rowan and coke. He passed Brian and James talking.

“It’s not like she was just a piece of ass James.” Only the only thing that Matt heard was ‘…she was just a piece of ass…” Matt turned and a moment later his fist connected with Brians face. Rowan glanced over and shook her head. No one moved to stop the fight.

“ROWAN GET MATT!!”

“He won’t kill him.” Rowan said not moving.

“Get Your fucking boyfriend.” Leana said harshly.

“As much as I hate to say this… we do need Brian pretty for the show tomorrow night.” Johnny said.

“Isn’t that unfortunate?” Rowan asked sarcastically.”

“What the hell is… OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED THIS TIME?”

“Dunno” Rowan said.

“Then pull him off Brian.”

“Fine” Rowan said and moved towards Matt.

“Rowan sit the fuck down.” Matt said backing off Brian.

“Mmkay.”

“JUST FUCKING STOP!!!” Everyone turned and looked at Median in awe.

“Huh that was unexpected…” Rowan said looking at Median.

“Well excuse me if I want the father of my baby to actually live.” Median said. Rowans’ eyebrow shot up.

“Matt wouldn’t have killed him.”

“…what…” Brian asked staring at Median.

“Yeah I woulda…”

“No you wouldn’t have. I’m not about to take my kid on field trips to prison.”

“That’s it, everyone separate corners… wait sis your pregnant?” Coby asked.

“Yep” Rowan said perkily.

“What the fuck?” Coby got this look in his eyes like he was ready to kill someone. That someone being Matt.

“We’ve had enough attempted murder in this house, so if your going to try and kill my fiancé, please don’t.”

“Fiancé… when…I need to sit down…” Coby said instead someone handed him a beer.