That's Where You Take Me

Definitely Montana

Median sighed as she stepped off the plane and looked around for her brother. She sighed as she spotted Alex, almost from a mile away. She caught sight of something on his arm as he moved. Had the man gotten a tattoo. She shook her head in disbelief and said nothing as she hugged her brother tight.

“You got a tattoo…”

“Yeah so problem with that?”

“Mom and dad seen it yet?”

“Nope, You sounded upset on the phone the other day, what’s wrong?” Alex asked as they got out to his SUV.

“Well I just missed you that’s all.” Median said lying through her teeth.

“So wanna go to the Tavern for lunch?”

“Sure why the hell not.” and that was just what they did. The drive was silent and she cringed at the country music that played from her brothers radio. He rolled his eyes as she jumped down outta the SUV once they got to the Tavern. She waited for him and they walked in together. Her in her high heeled boots, and low riders with a jade wife beater on her tattoos obviously showing since her hair wasn’t down but up in a hair tie. Her brother was her complete opposite. He wore cowboy boots and faded Levi’s a button down denim shirt, unbuttoned with his white tee showing beneath it. He wore his cowboy hat on straight.

“Well well look who it is boys… break out the Jack she’s back in Montana.” Someone yelled across the room. She shook her head at her former boss. But she did smirk she had been the life of the party here.

“Nope sorry Billy, not drinking today.” Median called across the bar to the bartender. Everything seemed to stop at that.

“She’s not drinking… Alex is our girl sick?”

“Upset I think…”

“Wow see what California does to ya?” Billy said.

“Ha, ha… I wanna have lunch with Alex then go visit my parents.”

Brian was sitting in his kitchen staring at the wall. He was going insane. She was in Montana. He was here. He was going insane. He had known her for such a short period of time and he was already falling in love with her. That’s when he got an idea. Moving quickly he was on the computer in a heartbeat. He smirked as he looked up what he needed. He heard the doorbell and walked downstairs to answer the door.

“Hey Rowan, what’s up?”

“Well I came to see how you were holding up. But that grin kinda tells me.”

“It’s cos I’m leaving.”

“Where the hell are you going?”

“Montana.”

“About fuckin time you idiot.”

“Shut up and go home to your man Rowan.” Brian said smirking.

Two days later Brian found himself walking off a plane and raising his eyebrow at the surroundings. He rented a car, praying to god the GPS he had wouldn’t get him lost. She had said that the town she was from wasn’t even on a map. Luckily Brian got to his destination quicker than he thought he would and he sat there for a moment wondering if he was doing the right thing. He already had a cover story incase she hadn’t told them. He got out of his car and Median walked out to meet him her mom or at least that was who he figured the woman with her was.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Median demanded.

“Who are you?” There was obvious distaste in the womans voice. Brian figured he knew the reason why.

“Brian Haner, a friend of Medians.” Median raised an eyebrow. He was being sweet.

“I asked a question.”

“I was worried about you, you left in a really bad mood…”

“Well then, c’mon in and have a cup of tea with us. It’s better for Median than coffee in her condition.” Brian raised an eyebrow at the woman’s back as Median glared at him.

“We’ll be in in a minute mom.” Median called out then turned Brian, “What in the hell are you doing here?” she hissed.

“Median, we need to talk.”

“We already talked Brian, now after this stupid cup of tea shes gonna shove down my throat you’re going the fuck back to Huntington.”

“Median, I’m not going back with out you.” Brian said his eyes on hers. She sighed and walked inside. Brian followed. Brian looked around the house and swallowed, now he knew why she had to get out of this place.

“So Median, didn’t mention any friends down there.”

“Really?”

“Mom…”

“So Brian, I’m Sue Smith, Median’s momma.”

“Nice to meet you ma’am.” Median glared at him. And heard the door open a moment later. Median smirked.

“Mom sounds like daddy and Alex are home, put on some more water.” Median said. Two could play this game. She smiled sweetly at her dad and brother as they walked in. She noticed the shock on Brian’s face register as he saw them. Apparently he hadn’t ever had to deal with this type of culture. Maybe she should take him to the Tavern.

“Baby girl, Sue, what’s for lunch?” John asked his wife and daughter. Then his eyes hardened when they landed on Brian. “Who’s this?” Alex saw the man and immediately Brian knew that he knew who he was.