That's Where You Take Me

"I love him"

Brian looked towards Median who had a sudden smirk on her face. She thought this was all hilarious. Alex obviously wasn’t fooled and knew that this was Brian, the man that had done this to his sister. That had said it didn’t matter that she was pregnant. That didn’t care about her.

“Why the fuck are you here Haner…?”

“ALEX!” Sue yelled at her son.

“Don’t yell at me mom, this mother fucker is the one that got her pregnant.”

“Now see you don’t have to be that mean about it.” Brian said standing. “I’m here aren’t I?”

“Why when you don’t care?”

“I never said I didn’t care.”

“You apologized same thing…” Median said and the tears started falling. At that Alex launched himself at Brian as the other man stood. Sue screamed as the two men went through the glass doors behind Brian. Median rolled her eyes and walked with her dad and mom around the house to the back yard where Brian and Alex were both bleeding and still fighting. She rolled her eyes and realized that someone had to stop the fight. She looked at her dad who sighed and pulled his son off the man that had gotten his baby girl pregnant and then turned on her. Median ignored her idiotic brother and knelt beside Brian making sure he was okay. She glared at Alex.

“Brian are you okay?”

“No…shit my side hurts…” Median looked at his side and not thinking ripped her hoodie off her head and pressed it to his side. Her t-shirt was tight on her and had Brian looking anywhere but at her. She pressed down on the wound and had her dad call an ambulance or two. He glared but when she turned her gaze to him he moved.

“Brian, it’s not too far in.. I’m gonna try to pull the glass out…okay?” she asked him. He finally looked at her and his eyes met hers. She was hurting watching him bleed and she knew she had to call California. So she had her mom bring her phone to her. She sat pressing the wound with her hoodie waiting on Lacey to answer.

“Median, oh my god where are you?”

“Montana…”

“Have you heard from Brian, the guys are flipping out.”

“Uhm yeah he just got in a fight with my brother they went through the sliding glass doors…”

“Oh shit…”

“ambulances are on the way I’m riding in with Brian, look don’t tell the guys, everythings gonna be fine.” and Median hung up the phone. Once the ambulances got there she was beside Brian the whole time to the hospital. When asked her relationship to Brian he told them they were friends, but he wanted her with him. So she was back in his room with him as they got to him she held his hand while they sewed his side after cleaning it. They had x-rayed him to find if there was any other glass anywhere. So far it seemed that her brother had gotten most of the glass stuck in him, but it wasn’t fatal or anything. He was doing far better than Brian was. Brian had lost more blood. Once the doctors had left and said they wanted to keep him over night and were waiting for a room Median sat on the side of his bed and he took her hand.

“I’m sorry Brian, I shouldn’t have let him do that?”

“I deserved everything but the going through the door thing.”

“No, Brian, you didn’t…”

“Median, I came up here to tell you that I was sorry, for making you think that I didn’t care. I care.”

“Are you trying to make me cry Brian?”

“No, but I am trying to ask you to be my girlfriend…”

“I can do that… Brian I called Lacey…”

“Oh shit, she’s gonna tell Johnny and Johnny’s gonna call the guys…”

“Sorry?”

“Don’t say it to me, when they get a hold of your brother…”

“Yeah” Median said laughing.

“I like when you laugh” Median looked at him and raised an eyebrow. Then she smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead.

“You’re stoned from the drugs.” Ten minutes later Brian was in a hospital room and once the doctors were out of the room he motioned for Median to join him on the bed. She curled up next to him and he lay there holding her. She glanced up at him and grinned before moving her lips to his. He grinned against her lips and she pulled back a few minutes later when her parents walked in the room. She looked at Brian and then to them biting her lip.

“I thought…” Sue said and Median moved against Brian’s silent protest and stood to face her parents.

“I was wrong okay, I was pissed I took what he said wrong. Mom, dad I love him. And if you can’t deal with that then leave.”

“He got you pregnant, after taking advantage of you.” Her dad said raising his voice.

“No he didn’t, we were two consenting adults…besides…” She turned to Brian smirking he rolled his eyes. “…I enjoyed ever minute of that night.”