That's Where You Take Me

Misinterpritations

Brian was out of the hospital the next day but he was staying in Montana with Median for a few weeks since they weren’t touring and it was to see where she was raised and what she lived with her whole life. He wanted to know what had made her who she was. Her parents were not pleased that the two were sharing the little house down on the farm that they ran, and lived on, but no longer owned. Two days after they had left the hospital Brian and Median were up at her parents house playing with her brother Brian’s dogs. Brian didn’t like her brother or his wife but the kid was okay. She didn’t’ like her parents and acted how they wanted to only when they were around. They heard cars in the driveway and Median and Brian looked up and Jaws hit when five Black and Blue SUV’s pulled up. Brian looked at Median pointedly. He had a feeling he knew who was in those vehicles. Median glanced down guiltily. What had she done? Her family walked out of the house to see what was going on.

“What the hell’d you do piss off the mob while you were down there?” her father asked before he saw the people that got out of the SUV’s.

“Uhm no…” And she heard her family gasp as twelve men and twelve women stepped from the SUV’s. It seemed that even a few of the women were showing off the tattoo’s that they had by wearing t-shirts and tank tops. They walked towards the house and it was like the world had stopped. Brian Haner’s eyebrow rose when he saw that even quiet Taylor had come with them. Median noticed that the girls’ all had their hair pulled back and the men looked ready to fight. Alex, Median’s brother paled immediately.

“Who beat the shit out of you Syn?” Matt asked his friend.

“Her brother Alex.” Matt looked at the two younger men and Brian shoved his brother forward obviously scared of the man confronting them.

“Hey…” he said turning to his brother.

“So you think it’s funny putting people through glass doors?”

“Matt chill baby.” Rowan said. “Or not…” and she moved as Alex and Matt were now the two to start fighting. Rowan rolled her eyes and grinned as Matt took each hit and gave more than he got in the fight. The girls all moved off to the side with Median and Brian as John and his other son joined Alex. So Keith and Aaron moved forward to help Matt who was now outnumbered. By the time everyone was pulled apart, all six men had shed blood and Rowan glanced at Matt and smirked as he wiped his bloody lip. She then kissed him and turned to Median’s family. Median’s mother who was going off at something that none of them quite understood.

Listening as Median's mother continued her rant, Rowan wasn't even sure what exactly it was she was freaking out about. What she was sure of that it was annoying and it was getting worse as the seconds ticked on. Glaring at the woman as she continued babbling, Rowan crossed her arms over her chest and bit the inside of her cheek to keep her from going off. That was when she heard her screeching something about Median befriending girls covered in tattoos and she couldn't keep the wide grin off her face as she finally saw her way to get even more under this woman's skin than her mere presence already had.

"Yeah! It's great isn't it?" Rowan said, throwing an arm around Median's shoulders.

"That's not what I--" Her mother began before Rowan interrupted her again, taking a small step from Median and holding her arms out, showing the tattoos she had on each of her wrists, the word 'Rock' on her right and 'Roll' on her left in looping script.

"I've got these two, then there's this one," here she turned around and pulled her hair out of the way to show the traditional Americana style sparrow on the back of her neck, colored in the classic blue and orange. Next she pulled up her shirt showing her right side to Median's mother. "This one's my newest one."

The look on Sue Montgomery's face as she got a good look at the black and white pin up on Rowan's side was priceless. It was more than obvious that the last thing she'd expected was to see an almost naked woman tattooed on the redhead. Seeing how wide her eyes got, both Median and Rowan had to bite their lips to keep from bursting out into a fit of laughter.

Median laughed as Brian picked her up and kissed her once she was out of the SUV they had ridden in. She had taken the gang to the Tavern where she used to work and Frankee was laughing as she looked at the two from beside Zack. Brian lowered his lips to Median’s and kissed her. There was a chorus of awws from the women and dude take it somewhere else from the guys. A moment later the twenty six of them walked into the Tavern and Billy’s jaw hit the ground. He saw Median and then he saw the people she was with. He noticed Median’s hand in one of the men’s and raised an eyebrow. She let go of Brian’s hand and ran to the bar.

“BILLY!!! I want you to meet someone…”

“Uh okay…” Her former boss said as she dragged him from behind the bar to Brian. She introduced them and then dragged Brian to a table the rest following and dragging several tables together. Median cuddled to Brian the entire night and Rowan wanted to gag at all the country music played. Median grinned at her and laughed when Brian handed her a twenty dollar bill and the girls set off towards the juke box. Median loved that Billy had gotten an internet Jukebox, her being half the reason. She and the girls programmed it to play a shit load of rock and had smirks on their faces as they ran back to the table and grabbed their guys. Matt looked at the rest of his friends and they all grinned as they hit the dance floor to Pour Some Sugar On Me. Brian smirked as he danced with Median and glanced sideways as Keith danced with McKenzie and laughed as they were dancing as dirty as the rest of them. By the time the song was over most of them went back to the seats but McKenzie, Rowan, Median, Christina, and Liv stayed on the dance floor dancing close to Dirty Little Thing by Velvet Revolver. And halfway through the song Median’s mom walked into the tavern looking for her and saw all the girls dancing together. She about had a heart attack.