That's Where You Take Me

Shock and Awe

Rowan touched Median’s arm as they danced and nodded in the direction of the entrance to the bar. She grinned and danced a little closer to Median. As close if not closer than Brian had been earlier. The other girls barely heard what Rowan said and Median glanced towards the entrance and grinned before turning to face Rowan again. The two women’s lips met in a kiss. They grinned when they pulled apart because they heard a round of what the fucks and wows coming from the direction of their friends. Median glanced quickly in her mothers direction and saw the fury on her face. She was trying not to laugh as the five of them that were on the floor made their way to where her mother stood halfway between the awed men and the women that were scolding them and the dance floor. Rowan had taken her hand just to be a bitch and keep the game going some more.

“Hey mom…what’re you doing here?”

“What do you think you’re doing? Are you trying to embarrass me and your father… with… with your stupid antics?”

“Mom, I wouldn’t do that…”

“You…”

“You remember my really good friend Rowan?” Median asked her mom as she put her arm around the redhead who jammed her hand in Median’s back pocket. Her mother’s face paled and she turned and left the bar. The two girls doubled over laughing. They walked over side by side not un attaching themselves from one another and tried not to laugh at the others reactions.

“What the hell?” Coby asked his sister looking a little awed as well as confused.

“What?” Rowan asked looking innocent.

“You know what.” Her brother responded.

“Do we now?” Median asked raising an eyebrow at the man.

“Yes.” Matt answered for him.

“Oh! You mean…” Median started

“…that little display on the dance floor?” Rowan finished for Median.

“As hot as that was…Yes.” Brian said obviously he had been turned on by it. ‘Typical guy’ Median thought to herself.

“Well…while Rowan and I were in New York…” Median said trying to keep a straight face and succeeding for the moment. Coby’s face paled, Brian looked intrigued and Matt looked shocked. All the men in the group stared.

“We’ll just leave it at Median and I got to know each other a little better…” She said biting her lip to keep from laughing.

“That’s not fair.”

“What’s not fair Matt?” Rowan asked.

“You and her…”

“No shit…don’t you know it’s practically a fucking law that when two girls hook up a guy has to be present to watch?” Brian said.

“Who said anything about hooking up?” Median asked raising an eyebrow at Rowan.

“I dunno?” Rowan said shrugging.

“You did! You said you got to ‘know’ each other…” Matt said

“And we did…”

“Everyone knows what that means…”

“That we got the life story?” Rowan asked Brian

“NO!” All the guys said. The girls all rolled their eyes.

“So wait…all of you think with your dicks instead of your brain’s then? That’s just sad.” Median said laughing.

“My dick does absolutely no thinking where my sister is concerned…” Coby looked appalled at the idea.

“I meant in general”

“Then, yeah, pretty much. At least where girl-on-girl action is concerned.”

“Well... sorry to disappoint... but I actually meant that we got to know one another... and not in the anatomical sense…” Rowan said looking at Brian and Matt.

“Damn” And Rowan smacked Matt.

“You know... if the two of you ever decided to…” Brian said an Median glared at him. “ I was just letting you know... I mean... I'd be all for it…” Rowan punched him in the arm.

“must you continue to hit me like that? It does get rather annoying?”

“Must you continue to run your mouth like that? It gets rather annoying as well.” Michelle laughed at Rowans response.

“I've heard about all the times that woman has kicked you ass Brian.”

“We are not talking about this.” Brian grumbled as Alex laughed.

“Well I’m tired so I think me and Brian are going to leave…”

“Tired my ass... they're going to fuck.”

“Sounds like a good…” Matt started.

“NO!! I’m mad at you…”

“What’d I do?”

“You know what you did…” Matt looked around confused.

“Don’t look at me dude…” Jimmy said

“No idea…” Lacey said shaking her head. Tobin shrugged.

“It’s Rowan… you could’ve breathed wrong.” Coby said. Rowan glared at her brother.

“I KNOW I KNOW!!” Median said raising her hand as Brian paid his tab since she hadn’t had more than a diet Pepsi and that had been free.

“Feel like cluing us in?” Matt asked.

“Nope figure it out.” Matt groaned.

“Aww is the poor baby frustrated?” Rowan asked

“Seriously? This is because---”

“Dude stop while your ahead.” Coby said

“In five months who's the one who'll have weird cravings, swollen everything, and weird cravings to boot? Don't get me started on the whole can't sleep comfortably thing, and we won't even talk about the fact that I'll look like a beached whale…” Rowan said shrugging

“Have you been reading 'What To Expect When You're Expecting'?” Michelle asked

“No…”

“Liar. I saw her take it out of her bag on the plane while Matt was sleeping.” Leana said

“Traitor. Rowan scowled at the woman.

“Hey, don't lash out at me...I think it's funny... I'm on your side Ro.”

“You forgot about stretch marks Ro!” Jimmy exclaimed. Matt glared at him.

“Oh god…” Matt backed up apparently not far enough.

“What have you done to me?” Rowan demanded poking a finger into his chest.

“That's not fair... I wasn't…” He stopped looking at Michelle, Alex, and Coby all shaking their heads furiously behind her.”

“You weren’t what Matthew?”

“…Nothing?”

“Good answer…NOT!!”

“Sis…”

“Ro don’t.” Michelle said.

“Don’t what? Don’t tell him this is all his fault?”

“Yeah that” Michelle muttered.

“Well it is... and now I'm a total fucking nutcase because of all these hormones... all because someone had to go and get me pregnant!”

“Well if I didn't like the idea of you being the one to make me a father so much... I'd be sorry about it.” Rowan looked at Matt trying to find something to be pissed about in his statement.

“Wow…” Coby said

“ I think he just saved his own ass…” Alex said his wife nodded in agreement.

“Dammit I got nothing.” Rowan stared at Matt “You know…that was really sweet. It almost makes up for the whole getting me pregnant thing…”

“I love you Ro…” Matt said pulling her close.

“Aww… I love you too…” Rowan said wrapping her arms around Matt.

“Smooth bastard…” Johnny muttered.

“Damn” Zack said not believing what he was seeing.

“How come I never get off that easy when she's pissed at me?” Brian asked.

“Because she hasn't been in love with you since diapers?”

“JACOBY SHADDIX”

“What?” he asked grinning and his sister glared at him.

“If it helps I've loved her for as long as I can remember too.”

“Really?” Rowan asked and Matt nodded.

“You know... it reminds me of when she was in middle school and I found one of her notebooks. It had--”

“One more word and I'll be an only child.”

“No comment” Michelle said and Brian got this curious look on his face.

“I wanna know.” Brian said.

“Ro, are you ready to leave?” Matt asked.

“Mhmm, let’s go” She said nodding pulling Matt to the door.

“Looks like that "Mrs. Matthew Sanders" thing wasn't just middle school day dreaming!” He said waiting to call out to his sister until they were at the door.

“I’m going to kill you!”

“Did he say what I think he said?”

“Uhm…I dunno…” Rowan said blushing.

“She really did that?” Brian asked.

“It was in the margins of every rough draft for any paper she ever wrote.”

“Kill me now…”

“Are you trying to tell me…?” Matt asked looking at Rowan.

“Can't we just ignore everything my very drunk brother just said?”

“No this …” Matt said grinning

“I’m never gonna live this down, am I?”

“No, but I won’t tease you about it until after our baby’s born.”

“Because you’re afraid of her!” Zack exclaimed.

“So are you so shut up…we’re leaving now…stress is the last thing she needs…” Matt said.

“Next thing you know we'll be back home and Coby'll be calling mom and have her dragging out all the naked baby pictures... “ Rowan said leaning into Matt’s embrace and groaning.

“That’s a good idea actually…” Coby said grinning.

“Don’t even think about it Jacoby Shaddix. Now will you people shut up so we can all leave. Personally I’m exhausted and really do want to sleep.” Casey Shaddix said speaking up. The other women nodded and Rowan yawned.

“Yeah…we’re leaving now…” Matt said and Rowan walked beside him as they walked out.

“Mrs. Matthew Sanders huh?” He asked teasing gently. She looked up at him and smiled weakly.

“Matt…”

“I think it has a nice ring to it.” He said stopping her in front of the hotel that was three seconds away from the bar. He leaned down and kissed her gently.