That's Where You Take Me

Making Friends

As Median got ready she danced around her ‘living room’ singing with the stereo, which she missed being able to blast as loud as she wanted. She grinned as It’s So Easy began playing as she pulled her hair back at the nape of her neck so she could apply a light layer of makeup to her face. She finished and looked down at her outfit. She had pulled out her favorite black tank top with neon green and orange letter declaring ‘Love, Peace, & Rock N’ Roll’ and had found her favorite pair of jeans. She was debating on shoes when Lacey knocked. She walked barefoot pulling her hair out of it’s tie and grabbed her socks and sneakers and then answered the door.

“Hey girl, you ready?”

“Just gotta put on my shoes.”

“Awesome, and Oh my god I love that shirt.”

“Thanks, you look cute.”

“Thanks, so do you.”

“First time someone’s said that to me.” Median said grinning as she finished tying her shoe laces.

“Really?”

“Normally if my arms are covered I get a she’d be cute if she took those things out of her face.”

“Wow, where the hell did you grow up?”

“Small town not even on a map in Montana.”

“Damn, well we’re gonna be late as it is because you get to stop at Matt’s and drag his ass out of the house, because he’s been depressed a lot lately since Val cheated on him so, you get to help me pull the dumb ass out of a bottle of Jack and then dump him in a another. Which totally means that we‘re not going clubbing at ten so we‘re just gonna stay at Zack‘s…”

“Sure sounds like a plan I guess, and it sounds like what my brother Alex did when this girl he’d been with since he was seventeen up and left him after being with him for five years.”

“Were they engaged?”

“She left the day before the wedding.” Median said smiling. Yeah she was glad that she had met Lacey.

“Oh then yeah your brother would know how Matt feels, except for the day before the wedding thing.”

“Yeah, well I’m ready.”

“Oh and by the way, where we’re going, you’ll fit right in.” Lacey said glancing at the stereo as it switched to playing Nightrain.

“Great, can’t wait.” They walked out of the apartment after she switched the stereo off and locked the door behind them. She followed Lacey down the steps and got into the passenger side of the car that Lacey was driving. “So where is this party?”

“Huntington Beach.”

“Where the hell is that?”

“About half hour forty five minutes away. It’s at Johnny’s friends house.”

“Are you sure it’s okay that I come?”

“Yeah I called Johnny who was already at Zack’s and he said it was cool. Beside’s at least I asked. Zack’s girlfriend who is like this mega bitch, just invites whoever she feels like and doesn’t tell Zack. So he’s used to people just showing up and Gena letting them in.”

“Wow, does she live with him?”

“She wishes, there’s some nights he has to make her leave, especially if he has to be up early the next day and she wants to stay and party some more.”

“That’s fucked up.”

“Yeah it is.”

“Hey there’s a CD case in the back seat, will you grab it and pick a CD out for me please, I don’t care what it is.”

“Sure” Median leaned back in her seat and pulled the case up to the front. She flipped it open and her eyes widened. She was suddenly curious about Lacey, the girl didn’t seem the type to listen to some of this stuff. “You listen to this stuff?”

“Surprised?”

“Just a little, but hey it works for me.”

“Figured it would, you were listening to Guns N’ Roses.”

“He he yeah. Ooo I haven’t heard this one in forever…” Median said and Lacey glanced sideways. She could deal with a little bit of Guns N’ Roses. And she watched as Median put Use Your Illusion 1 in the CD player.

“There is only one way to listen to this…” and she cranked up the volume and by the time Back Off Bitch hit the two knew they would be friends for a long time. They were singing loudly and because of their laughter horribly as Lacey pulled into Matt’s driveway. She turned the stereo down and the car off a moment later. “C’mon.” The two walked to the door and Lacey knocked. There was no answer. She tried the door, it was locked. She growled to herself and turned to the porch railing and climbed up on it. Median immediately grabbed her hip and placed a hand on her back before she fell. “Thanks, I’m clumsy, Johnny would blame Matt if I got hurt.”

“Well at this point it would be me seeing as I’m standing here.”

“Lacey is that you?”

“Yeah Mrs. Highborn, Matt’s being stupid about Val again, don’t worry Median’s a friend.” Lacey yelled back to the nosy neighbor that had been watching them since they pulled in. “Got It.” and Lacey handed Median the key that she had been searching for. Median took it and then Lacey’s hand as she jumped down. Lacey took the key back and unlocked the front door and walked in. Median shrugged and followed. She watched as the key got sat on the table beside the door.

“MATT WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU” She wanted to laugh as Lacey yelled for her friend.

“GO AWAY LACEY” Lacey didn’t respond but walked into the living room and through the dining room to the Kitchen and out onto the back porch. Median caught herself in time before stopping and staring. She said nothing about the man that Lacey was taking the bottle of Jack from.

“Matt, I’ve been told you’re coming to the party even if I have to drag you to it.” He looked up at her.

“You and what arm…who are you?” He said catching sight of Median.

“Median, I’m Lacey’s friend.”

“That’s your army.” Median wanted to laugh. He was so totally like her brother had been when Angela had walked out on him.

“I don’t need an army just a phone. Don’t make me make the call Matt.”

“C’mon Lace you wouldn’t.”

“Yeah I would, considering it’s my night off and I’m off tomorrow, and I should really be making out with Johnny right about now and not dragging your ass out of a bottle of Jack.” Lacey said and handed the bottle to Median.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” She asked her friend.

“Take in the kitchen and pour it down the drain…”

“That’d be wasting perfectly good alcohol…”

“It’ll get his ass up, just do it.”

“Okay, sure…” and she walked in and started to tilt the bottle to dump it. She let a drop hit the sink and he was up and standing in a heartbeat.

“Okay, dude, don’t let her dump that…”

“Median, thanks.”

“Yeah no problem.” She noticed the lid was sitting on the counter and grabbed it twisting it back on.

“Man, I think you’re the first one that actually let a drop fall.”

“And even that was painful.”

“Ha nice, I like her Lacey.”

“Keep your hands to yourself Sanders.”

“Yeah yeah, only blonde I want is Val…”

“You can drink a shit load more and crash at Zack’s lets go. Median, you mind sitting in the back?”

“Not a problem.” Five minutes later after they had gotten Matt to the car and Lacey had grabbed the hide a key and pocketed it they were gone and soon pulling into another driveway. Seeing as the Matt she had been talking about had been M. Shadows she had a feeling she knew who Zack was, so this time she was prepared. She got out of the car and opened Matt’s door for him since he was having trouble with it. Lacey rolled her eyes and took Median by the arm and left Matt to the people that were still outside in the driveway and on the front lawn. Most of them were Gena’s friends but she had spotted a few of the guy’s friends as well so he would be okay. She pulled Median inside and back to the kitchen where she was sure to find her boyfriend mixing her drink for her. She grinned when that was exactly what she found. She had to shout over the music though to get his attention.

“JOHNNY” he turned and his eyes landed on his girlfriend and he grinned.

“YO LEANA, CAN YOU FINISH LACEY’S DRINK SINCE SHE’S HERE NOW?” Johnny shouted to a brunette across the kitchen currently sipping her boyfriends beer as he went to the bathroom. She nodded and made her way over to where Johnny had been and continued to mix the margarita mix. Lacey always started with a blender full of margarita’s before she started on whatever.

“HEY BABE!” and he kissed her quickly.

“Hey Johnny” she said back and she motioned for Median to follow them outside, where it was quieter.

“Your friend?”

“Yeah, Johnny this is Median Montgomery, Median, my boyfriend Johnny Seward.”

“Hi nice to meet you.”

“You too, Lace, where’s he at?”

“Probably made it in by now. Median has guts she poured a few drops down the drain so he’d get his ass up to come with us.”

“Wow”

“You thought pretending to pour got his ass to move, actually doing it made him move faster.”

“Total waste of a shot by the way Lacey.” Median said laughing.

“I’m gonna go find Matt honey, go introduce her around and find her a drink, and Leana’s mixing your’s.”

“Okay, C’mon Median, we’ll start with finding you a drink, what’ll be because trust me anything you want you can get.”

“Including a shot of vodka to calm my nerves, there’s a lot of people here.”

“I happen to know where Gena keeps the vodka, c’mon.” She let her friend follow her and she grabbed the margarita she was handed and Leana curious to find out who the girl with Lacey was grabbed Jimmy’s beer and followed the two downstairs where the speakers were blasting what was playing upstairs. People were scattered around playing pool or darts some were dancing, others were making out on any available surface and some were playing some stupid drinking game that Median hated.

“GENA!!”

“WHAT?” she yelled back at Lacey

“Where’s the key for the cabinet.”

“Where it belongs…”

“It’s not hanging from your neck Gena.” the blonde looked down and her eyes went wide. She didn’t let anyone touch her vodka or really any alcohol that wasn’t bought for the party, they hardly ever bought vodka, not very many of their friends drink it.

“FUCK”

“WHAT’S WRONG GENA?” Johnny yelled.

“HAVE YOU SEEN ZACK?” She yelled back getting up from talking to a red head.

“Upstairs pouring a bottle down Matt’s throat to get him to actually feel human again.”

“I could make him feel human again…” the red head muttered. Gena snorted. Johnny and Lacey glared at the blonde haired Gena.

“Oh I forgot Gena, this is Median, Median, Gena, and the red head is Rowan.”

“Nice name, it’s different.”

“So is Median.”

“Yeah” She said smiling.

“Still want that shot?” Lacey asked her.

“Yeah” Median replied and soon Lacey, Median, Johnny, Gena, and Rowan were in search of Zack to get the key to the cabinet. They found him upstairs talking to Jimmy.

“Hey Zacky…” Gena said sweetly, but there was sickening sweetness in it.

“I didn’t do anything Gena…”

“Where’s the key?”

“Oh that, here, I was waiting for Matt to get here, I just got his last bottle he kept here out for him.”

“Great then you can go get…”

“I’ll get it, you guys just keep Median company…”

“WHO?” Jimmy asked.

“Median, Lacey’s friend, the blonde that’s standing here that you have no idea who it is and you need another beer by the way baby, kinda finished yours.” Leana said grinning.

“Already got one figured you would’ve. Hi I’m Jimmy.”

“Median”

“Zack”

“You wasted a shot…”

“Should’ve gotten up before Lacey told me to pour it.”

“Smart ass.” Matt muttered…then he saw Rowan grabbing a beer out of the cooler on the patio by the sliding glass door. He watched her and then replaced his bottle to his lips and chugged it.

“Any one else want one while I’m out here?” She called over her shoulder at them.

“I’ll take one Ro”

“Don’t call me that Zack”

“He only does it to piss you off and you know it… whoa…who’s this?” Brian said stopping in his tracks and looking at the girl before him. Tattoo’s, piercing’s, dyed hair, fucking hot. “Hi, I’m Brian.”

“Median”

“Here jerk.” Rowan said shoving Zack his beer Gena laughed.

“ALRIGHT WHO WANTS A SHOT?” Lacey yelled rejoining them.

“Of what?”

“Vodka” She replied.

“Why the hell not” Brian said as Lacey poured and handed the first one to Median. He was wondering how much it would take to get in her pants. But then again she was really hot and he was already drunk.