That's Where You Take Me

Parents

Zack pulled away from Frankee frustrated when he turned he raised and eyebrow at his parents. He didn’t let go of Frankee who was just a tiny bit aggravated by now. She was seriously getting tired of being interrupted.

“Can’t we go inside and lock the door?” She whispered in his ear. He smirked at her and mouthed ‘I wish’. She giggled and they turned their attention back to his parents.

“Mom, dad what are you doing here?” Zack asked as he helped Frankee off the hood of her car. She stood in front of him his arms around her waist. She was leaning back in his embrace and smiling.

“We were supposed to go to lunch today…what the hell is going on?” Maria asked her son. Zack looked down at Frankee and smiled.

“Mom, you remember Frankee…”

“Where’s Gena?” James Baker asked.

“Uhm… don’t know don’t care?” Zack said grinning and wondering when they were gonna just get and leave so he could finish what he had started with Frankee.

“Well it’s about time son.” Maria said. Zack just looked at her like she was crazy.

“About time what Mom?”

“That you got rid of her. She was unhealthy for you.” Frankee tried not to laugh. Maria smiled at her.

“Wait… you’re a friend of Rowan’s aren’t you?” James said.

“Yeah…” Frankee trailed off.

“That’s good she’s a sweet girl.” James said grinning causing the others to laugh.

“You could ask Matt if she’s sweet anymore I mean she’s turned kinda violent since Matt knocked her up.” Frankee said and Zack nodded.

“Since who… what?” Maria exclaimed.

“Yeah I’m pretty sure none of our parentals have any idea what the hell’s going on in our lives anymore. Sorry about that… I’ve been meaning to tell you.” Zack said grinning.

“So then I take it the both of you are going to join us for lunch then?” Maria asked. Frankee and Zack looked at one another and raised their eyebrows.

“Sure.” they said together.

Matt sighed as he waited for his fiancé to walk around the hood of the car. He was a little nervous. Four months and he hadn’t told his parents he and Val were over. Four months and he hadn’t told them that he was with Rowan, let alone that he had gotten her pregnant. Oh god they were going to kill him. Rowan took his hand and he lead the way to the door. He bit his lip as before they even got to the porch his mom threw open the front door.

“It’s about time you brought her over here…Look at you Rowan…it’s good to see your smiling face again.”

“It’s good to see you too Mrs. Sanders.” Rowan said and hugged the woman who pulled back and looked at her.

“You’re pregnant!”

“Yeah…” Rowan trailed off looking at Matt and biting her lip.

“Why the hell haven’t you informed us of this before Matthew?” Kim yelled at her son and Matt raised and eyebrow.

“Because we’ve been dealing with some drama… trust me I would’ve, we would’ve been over before if there weren’t other things going on.” Matt said in his defense and Rowan nodded.

“Well just come on in… I think you’re dad’s out back…GARY MATT’S HERE!” Kim yelled as they walked inside. Rowan just shook her head and smiled.

Brian was dead nervous, worrying about what his parents were going to think about Median. He sighed and walked to the door. He heard a squeal of ‘Brian’s here’ and shook his head. Median looked at him and raised and eyebrow.

“My little sister. McKenna.”

“How old is she?”

“Five.”

“Wow…”

“Yeah I know, c’mon.” Brian lead the way inside and picked McKenna up as she charged at him. “Hey McKenna…”

“BRIAN! I MISSED YOU! IT’S BEEN FOREVER!” Brian looked at McKenna and raised and eyebrow at her.

“I’ve missed you too… Where’s mom and dad?”

“In the kitchen…right there silly.” McKenna said as her parents walked in. They both shook their heads and looked at the three standing there. “Brian…who’s she? She’s pretty.”

“This is my girlfriend Median…Median, this is Suzy and My dad Brian Haner Sr. and this little shorty is my little sister McKenna.”

“Brian…” His dad said looking at him a moment.

“Yeah?”

“Can we talk to you a minute…alone…”

“I already know what you’re going to say. Yes she’s pregnant, no that’s not why we’re together.”

“Oh…” Suzy and Brian Sr. said at the same time. A small smile passed over her face as she looked at Median.

“Looks like you found a girl right up your alley Brian.” Suzy told him. He just grinned and wrapped his free arm around Median.