That's Where You Take Me

Tears Fall For A Reason

“So how far are you?” Suzy asked Median. Median touched a hand to her stomach and smiled.

“Four months.” The smile on Medians face as she glanced down at the hand that McKenna placed on her stomach was one of laughter and love. They weren’t judging her.

“You seem happy about it.”

“Yeah well I should be. Brian’s happy too.”

“I’m glad he’s serious about someone finally.” Suzy said smiling and suddenly pulled Median into a hug. “So how did the two of you meet?” She asked pulling away.

“Through Lacey.”

“Really?”

“She was the first friend I made here.”

“That girls an angel.”

“Who’s an angel?” Brian asked walking in and towards the fridge.

“Lacey.” Suzy and Median said at the same time. Brian just shook his head and placed an arm around Median pulling her to him.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“I’ll be downstairs if you need me.”

“Okay. I’m fine up here though.” Median said a grin on her face. Suzy just kept quite.

“Brian, tell your dad dinner will be ready in twenty minutes.”

“Yes Ma’am.” Brian said placing a kiss to Median’s forehead and hugging his sister before heading back downstairs.

------

Matt walked inside with Rowan after spending time at his parents house just as his phone went off. He glanced at it and hit the end button. Rowan raised an eyebrow at that who the hell was he avoiding, or was there just someone that he didn’t want to talk to in front of her. She watched him set his phone down and shook her head.

“I’m getting a shower, I’ll be back down in a few.” Matt said and all Rowan could do was nod. The minute he was upstairs she grabbed his phone and went to his call log. She stared at the last person that called. Why was she calling him? Wait why was her number still in his phone? Curiosity got the better of her and she began looking through his phone. Her number was still there and she came across several texts all of which basically said the same thing.

'I miss you' and 'Call me, I want to see you'

Rowan sat there staring at the phone for a while she didn’t hear Matt enter the room and didn’t know he was there until he was talking to her.

“Rowan?”

“How the fuck could you?”

“How could I what?” He looked really confused and when she threw his phone at him he glanced down at it. He turned and watched her storm up the stairs. A moment later he heard the bedroom door slam shut and then after glancing back down at his phone he heard the door open again and she yelled at him as she threw blankets and pillows down the stairs.

“You’re sleeping on the fucking couch!”

“Fuck this, no I’m not!” And a moment later she was crying even harder as she heard the front door of the house slam shut. Standing at their bedroom window she watched as he pulled out of the driveway and left. She broke down and cried harder.

Matt was sitting at a bar waiting for her to show up and when he saw her walk through the door she had a smirk on her face that he ignored and immediately pulled her to him. He didn’t think twice as he kissed her letting her press her body against him. When they pulled apart he bought them both a drink and moved to a table in the back.

Rowan called Johnny to find out where Matt would go and he dropped the name of a bar they all liked to go to, where no one bothered them and a moment after that Rowan was out the door. She sighed as she drove checking the directions Johnny had given her and when she got there she spotted his car immediately. She swallowed and walked in and glanced around and was about to walk to the bar to see if the bartender knew where he was when she spotted him with Val in a very heated make out session. Val was straddling his lap and his hand was rested comfortably on her ass and the other was fisted in her hair. Rowans eyes filled with tears and she did walk to the bar. She looked at the bartender and she followed her gaze.

“How many has he had?”

“Two beers.” was all the girl said to her. Rowan nodded and instead of going over to him and causing a scene she left. She walked over to his car and using her spare key for it unlocked it and tossed her engagement ring inside. She then took the spare key off her key ring and tossed it in too not caring if he ever found either. The tears were falling down her face as she got in her own vehicle and left. She drove around for about an hour before she found herself pulling into Brian and Suzy Haners drive. She noticed that Brian and Median were still there. She wiped the tears from her eyes and got out of her SUV.