That's Where You Take Me

"Yes!"

The door opened and Matt looked into her eyes for the first time since she had thrown his phone at him. Suddenly he stood there not sure what to say as she moved into his embrace. He held her not wanting to let her go. She began crying harder and all he could was stand there and apologize. She just cried finally words escaped her lips.

“Don’t let go of me Matt.” and she looked up at him and he brushed away the tears from her eyes gently and she laid her head back on his chest.

“I won’t. I’m so sorry Rowan… I’m stupid. Really fucking stupid.”

“Matt…”

“I mean seriously stupid and I don’t deserve you and…”

“Matt!” Rowan said louder. He looked down at the woman in his arms.

“What?”

“I love you. I always have, and I always will.”

“I love you too. More than anything in this world and I promise I’ll do everything in my power to fix this. To make things right again. I can’t live without you now that I’ve had you.”

“Aww… Matt!” and a moment later she was meeting him halfway in a kiss. Her arms snaked around his neck and he pulled her gently closer to him. When they pulled apart Matt wiped away the rest of her tears and she smiled up at him.

“Come home with me Rowan. Please?” Rowan smiled and all she could do was nod as the tears threatened to spill down her face again. She saw the smile that caused and he lowered his lips to hers once more. They pulled back and Rowan and Matt walked back out towards the living area and she noticed his bag dropped by the front door and shook her head. He followed her gaze and wondered briefly what was going through her mind.

“Wanna order a pizza and watch a movie?” Rowan asked suddenly. He smiled at her.

“Yeah sure.” Matt said and noticed that Noah slipped quietly off to his room and shut the door not making any noise at all leaving them to be alone for the night. Rowan finally pulled away from him and ordered the pizza’s while she looked for a movie. Matt watched her and realized he didn’t care what movie she picked out, he just wanted to hold her. Once the movie was in and the pizza was there while they were getting napkins Matt pulled her to him and looked down at her.

“I can’t believe I almost lost you and the baby.”

“I would’ve come home eventually Matt.”

“But not to me.”

“Shows what little you know. I was loosing my resolve not to come home weeks ago.” Matt just stared at her. “But I’m glad you came out here. Because now I don’t have to drive all the way home alone.”

“I love you.” Matt said grinning down at her.

“Yeah how much?” Rowan asked laughing as she put a few slices of pizza on a plate for Noah and headed to his room. Once she was back out in the kitchen Matt looked at her.

“So much that I’ve been carrying your ring in my pocket since you left.”

“Matt…”

“Rowan please say you’ll still marry me?” Rowan smiled as she looked into the eyes of the man she loved so much and grinned.

“Yes!”

“Then do me a favor.”

“What?”

“Marry me in Vegas before we go home.”

“Yes! Oh god your parents may kill us but yes!” Rowan said and Matt kissed her and pulled her ring out of his pocket placing it on her finger. She looked down at her hand and smiled.

“Now everything feels right again.” And Matt laughed as they took their pizza and headed to the couch to watch the movie. Matt hit play on the remote and once they finished eating Rowan cuddled up as close as she could to Matt and he put an arm around her letting her rest her head on his shoulder. She was asleep before The Hangover was over. Once it was over Matt woke her gently and she murmured his name and after turning everything off they headed to her room, him grabbing his bag in the process. Rowan cuddled close to him in bed and he put his arm around her resting a hand on her stomach, holding her as close to him as possible.

“So do you think he’ll fix things with her Zack?” Brian asked as they all sat down at the table waiting for the girls to finish dancing on the floor.

“He better. Frankee’s driving me crazy telling me if he doesn’t bring her back with him, she’s flying out there and doing it.”

“He will come on guys give him a little credit.” Alex said from his seat. They all got quiet as the girls made their way back to the table from dancing.

“So I got a text while I was out there…” Michelle said sitting beside Alex.

“From who?” Jacoby asked as Frankee’s mom walked over with a fresh round for them all.

“Matt.”

“And?” Median asked from beside Brian.

“She’s coming home.” Michelle said.

“Thank god.” Lacey said.

“Yeah no kidding, I hate when there’s too much drama.”

“Shut up Brian. Not too long ago it was you going after Median because she left. I don’t want to hear it.” Jimmy said. The others laughed. They looked up as Matt’s dad walked in. He walked straight over to them and looked at them.

“Have you guys heard from Matt?”

“Yeah why?” Frankee asked

“He’s not answering his cell phone.”

“Well I was calling to see if he was alright…”

“Trust me Gary, he’s fine. He’s in New York.” Jacoby said as if that was perfectly acceptable.

“What the hell is he doing in New York?”

“That’s where Rowan is?” Median asked.

“Oh so he finally went after her without telling us he was leaving?”

“Yeah, he just decided to up and leave…” Frankee said. “He was getting to be a nervous wreck.”

“I know that. It just would’ve been nice, his mother is worried about him.”

“Of course she is.” Jacoby said. “She should be, I wanted to kill him.”

“We know.” Gary said shaking his head.