That's Where You Take Me

Married

When Matt woke the next morning Rowan was curled so close to him that he couldn’t help but smile. She was his. And that wasn’t changing anytime soon. Rowan began to stir and when her eyes opened she found herself staring out her bedroom window in Huntington Beach. A smile crept onto her face as she realized where she was and that she was back in Matt’s arms. As she went to sit up he pulled her back against him and told her she wasn’t allowed to move because he wasn’t ready to get up.

“But…I’m hungry.”

“And I’m selfish and want to go back to sleep and still wake up with you beside me.”

“Matt…” Rowan whined and turned to face him. “I have to pee, I’m hungry and I want to see my brother…”

“Alright, alright, I’m getting up.” Matt muttered and Rowan smiled as he was soon sitting in bed as well. She leaned forward and kissed him. He smiled at her and she moved from the bed. After she walked out of the bathroom five minutes later, her hair pulled back in a messy knot. She grabbed clothes and pulled them on not really paying much attention to what she grabbed. She didn’t notice Matt walk into the bathroom and she was about to walk out of the room when he yelled for her.

“Rowan, can we go get breakfast?”

“Works for me, I just want food.”

“Okay.”

Later that day around noon Rowan and Matt arrived at his parents house both happy, both smiling, and holding hands. The only other people there were Casey and Jacoby. Rowan pulled away from her husband and moved quickly to the front door. She was inside before Kim could open the door and greet them. She walked to her brother and wrapped her arms around him from behind.

“Boo.” Rowan yelled up towards his ear. He turned and glanced down at her.

“RO!” He yelled hugging his little sister.

“Oh my fucking god!” Casey yelled at the same time. Everyone turned to her.

“What?” Coby asked looking thoroughly confused.

“They’re married!”

“What?” Coby repeated pulling back looking down at his sister. "But you... and then... you just... When the fuck did that happen?"

“Two days ago.” Rowan said innocently as she backed up into Matt’s embrace.

“But…but…but…”

“Don't look so surprised... I always said I was running away to Vegas to get married so I didn't have to deal with some puffy white dress..."

“Yeah… but…? Why, why didn’t you tell me! And you mother fucker! First you cheat on her and send her out across counrty again, she fucking comes back wearing a wedding ring! What in the fucking hell is your problem?!”

“Hey I’d appreciate if you’d stop yelling at my husband.” Rowan said a slight smirk on her face, obviously finding it hilarious.

“Yeah… what she said.” Matt said nodding.

“Oh... so you want him to stop yelling at your husband too? Is there something we should know about Matt?” Casey asked smirking.

“What? That’s not what I meant. Rowan quit laughing.”

“I can’t help it….besides you kind of walked right into that one.”

“What’d he walk into?” Johnny asked walking.

“My wife questioning his sexuality.” Jacoby said.

“Though really... there isn't much to question. I didn't get this.” Rowan pointed to her baby bump “all by myself.”

“And why was she questioning it in the first place... Matt why are their two rings on Rowan's finger?” Johnny questioned.

“Because we decided we wanted to match and, as much as I love him, he just can't rock a rather large diamond like I can.”

“I think you came back more sarcastic than you left.” Johnny muttered

“It’s the hormones honost.” Rowan said grinning.

“I don’t believe that for one second.” Lacey said.

“What’s the hormones? Hey Rowan.” Median said walking in.

“Hi.” Rowan said waving with her left hand.

“Holy fucking hell!” Brian exclaimed.

“Well at least you didn’t ask why she was wearing two rings.” Matt said smirking at Brian.

“Who’s wearing two rings?” Alex asked walking in.

“That's the second time the word 'fuck' has been used when someone noticed.” Rowan said at the same time.

“Noticed what?” Michelle asked raising her eyebrow.

“My extra jewelry.” Rowan said laughing.

“What extra jewelry?” Frankee asked walking in.

“This extra jewelry.” Rowan said holding up her left hand.

“Hey Matt when'd you and Rowan get married... I coulda sworn you weren't when you left... “ Zack said glancing between the couples left hands.

“We weren’t.” Matt said answering his question.

“Who wasn’t what?” Alexia Shaddix asked walking in.

“The who is Matt and Me. The what is married.” Rowan said crossing her arms over her chest.

What?” Her mother asked staring.

“I'm pretty positive you heard me the first time.” Rowan responded crossly.

“You’re kidding me right? That no good…”

“Shut up Mom.” Coby told her.

“Wow. That was exactly the reaction I expected from you mom. At least you're consistent. “ Rowan said shaking her head.

“You should be happy for her. She's married, having a baby, and happy.” Kim said coming to Rowan’s defense.

“No one asked you. She's not your daughter.”

“No. But he;s my son.” Kim replied angrily.

“And he's also the reason she went to New York.”

“Yeah well, at least he cared enough to come find me. All you could be bothered to do is call and say 'I told you so. If that's not Mother of the Year material, I don't know what is.” Rowan spoke harshly, only Matt noticed the tears falling down her face.

“I don’t think you need to be here if that’s all you’re going to do. You need to leave.” Matt demanded.

“Excuse me?” Alexia asked in disbelief.

“He's right mom. I think it's best if you go home if you can't be happy for them.”

“Why should i be happy for them?” Alexia asked staring at her son.

“Maybe because Ro’s happy?”

“Wait so it's safe to come in she's in a good mood?” Papa Gates said walking in.

“Yes, it’s safe. I’m not threatening anyone with death.” Rowan said giggling.

“Yet.” Zack muttered. Rowan stuck her tongue out at him.

“As long as she don’t do it in front of McKenna everything’s fine.” Suzy said.

That's the mother of your unborn child…“ Zack pointed to Rowan still making faces and mocking him. “Don't be surprised when the kid's head starts spinning.”

“My baby is not going to be something out of The Exorcist!” Rowan said smacking him.

“Better not be.” Matt mumbled.

“I heard that!” Rowan said and smacked Matt too.

"Quit hitting me..."

“Quit agreeing with Zack that our child is going to be some sort of hell spawn and maybe I won't have to hit you!”

“I wasn’t!” Matt exclaimed.

“You were too!”

“Was not!”

“Uh huh... you know, the baby has ears now, and can hear you when you say things like that. I bet if we did an ultrasound right now it'd be crying in my womb.” Rowan said nodding.

“See all they do is fight.” Alexia said.

“All they've ever done is argue. It's how they operate, Mom." Jacoby said using his hands to imitate Matt and Rowan "You stole my G.I. Joe! Because you put glue in my hair! Well you pushed me in the mud! Because you--” Coby said and Casey cut him off.

“We get the point honey.”

“So who’s hungry?” Gary asked trying to end all the hostility before sister and brother started fighting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jes for her help on this chapter. I appreciate it, even though my mom was annoying me most of the way through the conversation we wrote. YOU'RE THE BEST!!!