That's Where You Take Me

Siblings

Alex muttered curses when he woke up the next morning. He looked around and wondered why in the hell he was sleeping on the couch in his sister’s living room. He sat up and stretched out his arms and stood. He walked down the hall to the bathroom and when he walked out he started up the steps only to stop and just stare up them. Median was giggling and apparently Brian was making her laugh. He sighed and moved back toward the living room and closed his eyes a moment later and groaned.

“Holy fucking Christ, do they ever stop?” He muttered. He rolled his eyes and walked out onto the porch. This so wasn’t happening. He sat on the steps and glared at the yard in front of him. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the banister and took in all the movement on the street. He watched as a car pulled into driveway and shook his head when the guy Matt, and his wife he couldn’t remember her name walked around the hood of the car. Her eyebrow rose seeing him sitting there.

“Is there a reason you’re out on the porch?” She asked.

“Now, Rowan, he could just be enjoying the morning.”

“Yeah the fuck right.” Alex muttered.

“I told you that you should’ve brought ear plugs. She’s pregnant, and he’s more than willing to give it to her whenever she wants it.” Rowan said. Alex just shook his head. The front door opened a moment later.

“Hey Alex are… oh hey Ro, Matt. Alex why are you outside?”

“You’re kidding me right?” Alex asked his sister. She raised an eyebrow at him. He rolled his eyes and walked inside, well at least he started to as Brian and Median walked out when yet another car pulled in. Brian smiled suddenly when as soon as the car stopped McKenna was out and running full speed at him.

“How’s my favorite girl?” he asked her picking her up and swinging her in a circle.

“Hey I thought I was your favorite girl!” Median exclaimed laughing.

“Your not a girl. You’re my woman. And I don’t have a favorite woman, because I only have one.”

“Smooth.” Rowan muttered.

“Shut up Ro.” Median said, but she had a smirk on her face. McKenna just giggled. Alex on the other hand was wondering what in the hell was the reason for Brian holding the little girl.

“Guess what!” McKenna exclaimed.

“What?” Brian asked her.

“I love you Brian.” She said and he just laughed.

“I love you too sis.” Brian said and sat her back down. She giggled and Median shook her head. None of them saw the look on Alex’s face.

The man has a sister that young?

“Guess it’s true what they say about people and mid-life crisis’s out here.”

"No we just believe in sex after the age of thirty-five." Median said glaring at her brother. She saw the look on her future father in laws face and shoved her brother in the house.

“Dad, just kinda try to ignore him, he’s just being a jerk. He’s not happy that Median’s pregnant. He’s not happy that she’s marrying me. He’s just really not happy.”

“I can see that. He says the wrong thing in front of your sister I will kill him.”

“Alright dad. I’ll probably let you, not so sure about Median though.”

“I’m not too worried about her. I’m serious he says…”

“Alright!” Brian said and sighed. A moment later two more cars pulled in. He watched as his brothers walked towards them. “Brent, John.” They both nodded to their brother.

“Where’s McKenna?”

“Inside with Matt, Rowan, and Median and her brother. Oh and Suzy.”

“Okay, why are you and dad out here?”

“Don’t worry about it Brent. C’mon lets go in before someone kills someone else.” Brian muttered. He lead the way in and wanted to scream when he heard Alex and Median arguing in the living room. He glanced in that direction and saw that they were the only two there. “They’re probably in the kitchen. I’ll deal with this you guys go back.”

“I wanna watch,.” Brent said. Brian rolled his eyes and walked into the living room.

“What in the hell is going on?”

“He’s being a complete jerk!”

“Since when do you use the word jerk?” Brian asked. She glared at him.

“Okay… Look can we not do this today?”

“It’s not like you really fucking care about her. You’re just the type to…” But to everyone in the rooms surprise it wasn’t Brian that snapped it was Median. Her fist slammed into her brothers face and he looked down at her. She turned and left the room and went upstairs. A few minutes later after everyone staring after her she tossed her brothers bags down the stairs. She came down after them and glared.

“Get the fuck out. I don’t give a damn where you go, just go!” Median yelled. Brian moved to her and she walked away from him and into the kitchen. She looked longingly at the bottle of whiskey on the fridge but pulled open the fridge and grabbed a can of soda. She didn’t care what kind. When Brian and his dad and brothers walked in Suzy had her arm around Median who was crying. McKenna looked up at her brother.

“Is this my fault?” Median pulled away from Suzy and sat beside the five year old.

“No it’s not your fault. My brother isn’t like your brothers. He’s a meanie head and only cares about himself.”

“Okay.”

“Besides, everything my idiotic brother said was wrong.”

“Because Bri loves you?” Median smiled and nodded. Rowan shook her head and leaned into Matt’s embrace. “if it helps I love you too Median.” McKenna said and they all laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here it is. I promised it earlier but I got side tracked with a new story idea. I know I have those a lot.

Post Song:
I Wanna Be Your Dog - Joan Jett and the Black Hearts