That's Where You Take Me

The End Is Only The Beginning

“So wait, let me get this straight, someone murdered Median’s family?”

“Yeah.” Brian said looking at Matt. The others were shocked. “And here’s the rest of it, whoever it is, went back to the little house, that Median used to live in, after the police had gone through the place.”

“How do you know that?”

“Because, Johnny, Nate, the chief, said when he went through there hadn’t been any weed or paraphernalia in the house. Let alone the bedroom where Alex was sleeping. When Median looked through the room, she found it.”

“Shit, how’s she holding up?” Zack asked.

“She’s doing better than you’d expect, I mean she didn’t really get along with them, but Aslyn is only three, so she’s been trying to keep her mind off what happened to her parents and everyone else. The kid won’t even sleep in her own bed. She wakes up screaming, and Median goes and gets her and brings her to our room. I don’t mind, it’s just, the kid cries in Median’s arms every night. And…”

“Do you feel helpless Brian?” Jimmy asked.

“It’s not funny, I wish there was something that I could do for her. She can’t even say goodbye, there was nothing left of them to bury.”

“She’s only a couple of years younger than McKenna, why don’t you see if you can get her to play with Aslyn. Give the kid some one around her age to be around. I’m sure McKenna would love spending time with her.” Matt said.

“Smart ass.” And Brian picked up the phone and dialed his father’s number.

----

Sitting on the edge of the bed in a motel room, he glanced at the information that he had. She was living in Huntington Beach, California with her Aunt. That was good news for him, because he was supposed to kill the whole family. But he couldn’t go back to the little house and get his things, because the bitch had gone through the room, and found his things. She wasn’t supposed to go to the house. She was supposed to once she found out that her niece was alive, fly up, get her, and go home. Killing her was going to be the best part of the job. And he thought, that maybe he would have some fun with her first.

He stood from where he was sitting and began to pace, taking out a pen and paper, and writing down, his ideas on how he was going to kill Median Montgomery and her three year old brat of a niece. Their murders were going to give him enough money to retire to the islands and live his life peacefully. After all how hard could it be to kill a woman and child? And with that in mind, he began to devise a plan, once he found out where exactly she was living.

----

Median shook her head as Rowan walked in the front door. She was arguing with someone on the phone and she looked like she was close to tears, from how hard she was laughing. And a moment later it was obvious that it was her sister in law making her laugh.

“What’s going on?” Median asked.

“Casey doesn’t want to tell Jacoby that she’s going to Mom for me about some of my old baby stuff. Mainly because my Mom hates the fact that I’m pregnant. And of course that Matt’s my husband. So where’s Aslyn?”

“Upstairs, sitting on the edge of her bed. She hasn’t moved all day. I think she’s still in shock. She won’t even play with the toys we got her and she doesn’t talk to anyone.”

“She’s been traumatized Median, give her a little time.”

“She cries every night. It’s to the point, I’m ready to just put her to bed in our room, and then when we go to bed, she’s already there, and when she wakes up screaming, I don’t have to go get her. She won’t let Brian anywhere near her. And when she cries, all she can do is cry for her mother. I know she really didn’t like her parents, but they were her parents.”

“And your sympathy is intensified because you’re pregnant. Have you try to get her to go back to sleep in her own bed?”

“Yeah, but I end up going back in an hour or so later, because she wakes up screaming again. I’m worried, because this isn’t over. Whoever did this, is going to try and find her. I just want to keep her safe.”

“Well then, just do everything you can.”

“Brian went to pick up his little sister, to see if she could get Aslyn to come out of her seclusion.”

“That’s actually not a bad idea.”

“Yeah, I actually wish we had thought of it.” Median said. Rowan’s eyebrow shot up.

“Who thought of it?”

“You’re married to him.” Rowan stared blankly at Median for a minute.

“You’re kidding right? It was Matt’s idea?”

“Yeah. Shocking isn’t it?” Brian said walking through the front door. McKenna behind him. She smiled up at Median and Median took her hand and lead her upstairs. Brian watched them go, and he sighed.

“I love her so much, and even though they weren’t getting along, this is killing her.” Rowan turned to Brian.

“Something tells me, you’ll get her and her niece through it.” Brian nodded.

“I’m damned sure going to try my hardest to.” He said and followed his fiancé and sister up the stairs. He leaned against the door frame of Aslyn’s room and watched as the child slowly turned to look at McKenna.

McKenna bit her lip and Median backed away from the child she had just brought upstairs and glanced at the doorway. She smiled at Brian.

“Hi, I’m McKenna. Brian’s my big brother. And Median’s going to be my sister.” Aslyn sat the for a minute, and then she spoke slowly.

“My name is Aslyn. Median’s my Auntie.”

“Cool, that mean’s Brian’s going to by your Uncle.” At that Aslyn looked at Median. She nodded.

“She’s right. Brian and I are getting married. Remember how we told you we’re having a baby? Well he asked me to marry him, and after we have the baby, we’re getting married.” Aslyn said nothing to that, but looked at McKenna when she asked her if she wanted to play. She nodded and McKenna took her hand and lead her over to the toy box that Median had placed in the room. Median walked to Brian and he wrapped his arms around her as they watched the two play.

“Things, will get better I promise.” Brian whispered to his fiance as they watched the two children. She sighed.

“I hope so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I can‘t believe it but That‘s Where You Take Me is over. I am planning a sequel, obviously, so stay tuned for it. And since I‘m working on everything else I‘ve got posted, and several new yet to be posted’s and of course, other sequels, I don‘t know how long it‘ll be until this one‘s sequel is posted.

Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex

Post Song:
If We Every Meet Again - Timbaland && Katy Perry