That's Where You Take Me

The Morning After

Frankee woke to the sound of a slamming front door and rolled over in bed pulling the pillow she was using over her head. Well she would’ve if she hadn’t have found herself suddenly in someone’s arms. She started to panic. And then she smiled. It was just Zack. She smiled to herself as she moved her head so that it was on his chest. He wrapped an arm tighter around her and she moved so she was above him. He grinned up into her light blue eyes. Leaning down she placed her lips to his. He ran a hand through her hair and moments later they made love that morning. Twenty minutes later the bedroom door flew open and they were laying side by side and both looked towards the doorway. Gena was standing there with murder in her eyes. Zack rolled his eyes and touched Frankee’s arm as she began to move away from him. He moved and whispered something in her ear and she lost the hatred she had suddenly gotten from seeing Gena there and she moved to sit cross-legged on the bed covered with the sheet. Zack found his pants easily enough and pulled them on before turning to his ex-girlfriend.

“What the fuck are you doing here?”

“How could you?”

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about Gena.”

“You don’t know what I’m talking about, I come over to talk to you and you’ve got one of my friends in our bed.”

“My bed and I’m pretty sure she’s Rowan’s friend, not yours.”

“It doesn’t matter, what the hell is your problem Zack?”

“Actually I think your problem is that you can’t get over the fact that I said I’m done with you and that it’s over.”

“Oh c’mon Zack she can’t get you off like I can…” Zack didn’t get a chance to respond because Frankee started laughing and moved from the bed wrapped in the black sheet from Zack’s bed and stood beside him.

“Please, from the rumor’s I’ve heard you haven’t gotten him off in a while. Not my fault I apparently give him what he wants and can get him off more than once. And while I’m on a roll, at least I’m not an alcoholic like you are. I mean seriously a key for the liquor cabinet in this house. Zack’s real friends know what’s available to drink and what’s off limits. Seriously.” Zack put an arm around her and she leaned into him. Gena turned and walked from the room. Zack turned to Frankee.

“As much as I would love to make love to you again I need to call and get the locks on the house changed.”

“Zack…” how was she supposed to tell him that she didn’t want this to be just physical between them.”

“Shh…” he placed a finger to her lips and then kissed her. “I know you have to work, can I take you out tonight?” He asked after he kissed her.

“Shit, I forgot about work… I’m off at six.”

“Okay, I’ll figure out a place to go tonight.”

“Okay.” She started to pick her clothes up and when she was ready to walk out the door he stopped her.

“Frankee…”

“Yeah Zack?”

“That counted as asking you out on a date right?”

“About fucking time that you did.” Frankee said and kissed his cheek before she walked out the door. It was probably a good thing she lived a ten minute walk away and had a second car so she could still go to work. He watched her go and grinned as she walked down through his front yard.

“Eight okay?” He called after her. She glanced back at him over her shoulder and nodded. He watched her hips sway as she walked and smirked. He was free from Gena and he now had the chance that he had wanted for so long now. Since she had walked into their lives, befriended by Rowan, who had been one of their friends since high school. Okay, sure so last night he had brought her home entirely planning on doing what they had done, but he hadn’t planned on her waking up and making him glad that she was not pissed off about the fact that he had gotten her in bed before actually asking her out.

Lacey rolled over and grabbed her cell phone as it went off and glared at the number and hit the end button as Johnny wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer to him. She smirked. God how she loved the man. She glanced down at the ring that he had put on her finger the night before when he had brought her home. She smiled as she rolled back over and looked into his eyes. He smiled at her and cursed when his land line phone went off and she pulled back and he rolled over and answered it.

“Hello?” He watched as Lacey moved so that she could watch him and he could tell she was trying not to touch him while he was on the phone.

“Johnny, please you have to talk some sense into Zack.”

“Fuck, I’m gonna be late for work!” Lacey said suddenly catching sight of the clock on Johnny’s nightstand.

“Gena, I ain’t telling Zack shit.” He hung up the phone and watched as Lacey rolled out of the bed and started digging around through the dresser for a shirt and pair of black jeans. He hadn’t minded when she had taken over a drawer of his dresser and it made a lot of sense anyway. She worked most days in the morning and she wouldn’t have to stop and change at her place and make herself late for work so he had been the one to suggest it. Then again he also had been planning on asking her to marry him anyway. Only she hadn’t known that at all. He watched as she ran around grabbing her shoes and socks after she had pulled on her clothes. She darted down the steps and he followed after pulling on jeans. He got downstairs just as she darted back in the door. He handed her his keys and she smiled at him before kissing his cheek and telling him she loved him and leaving for work. He walked outside.

“You really should start looking for a job down here you know that right?” He called after her. She rolled the window down and yelled back at him.

“I’m off tomorrow, I will then, is that supposed to mean something other than you wanna marry me?”

“Yeah, it means I want you to move in with me as soon as possible too.” He called as she pulled out. She shook her head and tossed him the rock sign out the window. It was there way of saying I love you when they were in a hurry. Even though technically all she had to do was toss her thumb up in the universal hand sign for I love you, but the rock sign was so them.

Jimmy woke with a head on his shoulder and smiled. Yeah he loved her there was no denying that. She was perfect for him and last night he had decided on something to about them. He was gonna ask her to marry him. She had been living with him for the past seven months. Something that the guys thought he was insane for at first until they realized that unlike Gena who was trying to use Zack, and Val who was almost always stepping out on Matt and obviously on and off again with him. Everyone was glad that that was over. They had always wondered when Matt would get over Val and ask out Rowan, now they knew. Leana was asleep on Jimmy’s shoulder and showing no signs of waking. Jimmy moved from the bed and headed to the bathroom. When he walked out she was curled up on his side of the bed still asleep but there was a smile on her face. He sighed as he watched her sleep. God he was one lucky man. He walked from the bedroom and down stairs to the living room and crashed on the couch in front of the TV for a little bit.

Matt went to move from bed the next morning and muttered a curse under his breath about not being able to get up. He quit complaining when he glanced at the woman lying beside him using him as a pillow. He smiled at the red hair that was fanned out over the pillow on the other side of the bed. He watched her for a minute and sighed. He didn’t want to move her or wake her but he really needed to piss. He was getting ready to move her or attempt to when she started to move on her own. Her eyes fluttered open and she stretched and rolled to the other side of the bed on her own and he watched for a moment as she stood. He stood as well and she looked at him as he looked at her. Her eyes darted to the bathroom off his room and then back to him. They stared one another down for a minute and Matt walked out the door and down the hall to use the bathroom letting her have his. He grinned as he walked back into his room and stood there watching her dress in the clothes she had worn the night before. He moved to his dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans. She took her turn watching him dress and then he pulled her into his arms. She looked up at him and smiled.

“Good morning Matt.”

“Morning Ro” He replied and kissed her.

“Now why is it that it sounds so much better when you call me Ro than when Zack does?” She asked as she pulled back from him. He pulled her closer and looked down at her once more.

“Because I’m in love with you and he isn’t?”

“Mhmm, that could be it.” She murmured against his lips and then kissed him again.

“So we both know that I can’t cook, can a guy take his girlfriend to breakfast?”

“Yeah”

Median woke with the mother of all hangovers and an arm draped heavily over her side. She was curled up into someone. She couldn’t quiet remember what she had done the night before but obviously she hadn’t come home alone. She slowly opened her eyes and found herself staring at the wall in her bedroom. Great so not only was she in bed with someone that she probably didn’t know, but she was also trapped against the wall. She grimaced and then said fuck it. She stood on the bed and that forced whoever’s arm to move off of her and she walked to the end of the bed and went out to the bathroom. She splashed water into her face and sighed. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around herself. She was trying to think of reasons not to go back into her bedroom. She walked out to the living room/kitchen area and saw all her clothes laying around in or out of the kitchen and whoever had been in bed with her their clothes were in the opposite direction. She hadn’t locked the door the night before. She walked over to it to lock it now and the night before flashed into her head. Her and Brian against the door, the wall, finally on the bed. She remembered just how amazing it had been and why now even with the hangover her body felt great, just slightly sore. She sighed as she picked her clothes up and walked quietly back into her bedroom. He was still asleep, so she figured she was safe. She grabbed clean clothes and walked to the bathroom and pulled them on. She ran a brush through her hair and looked at herself in the mirror. She needed food and she would normally go grab something to eat from the diner or the deli, but what the hell was she supposed to do about Brian? She sighed and grabbed her keys. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and left him a note stating that she’d be back in fifteen minutes.