That's Where You Take Me

Things You Don't Want To Find Out After A One Night Stand

Lacey was standing behind the counter day dreaming when Median walked in. The place was empty because everyone was at church or just not up. Median looked around and thanked god there wasn’t anyone else there. She walked over to the counter and slapped a hand down scaring Lacey out of her thoughts.

“Shit Median, you scared me.”

“Yeah well I don’t have time to talk… I gotta get breakfast and get back to the apartment. I have a lot to do today.”

“Get breakfast, you eating here?”

“No, kinda can’t.”

“Oh god you didn’t go home alone did you?”

“Not exactly.”

“There’s no not exactly to it, Median you had a one night stand?”

“Yeah with a tiny problem?”

“He couldn’t get it up?”

“That wasn’t the problem.”

“Then what was?”

“Brian”

“Brian? How was that the problem?”

“Uhm he’s kinda at my apartment… in my bed…”

“Holy shit, Median… oh I’m gonna kill Rowan.” What was Rowan supposed to make sure that Median had left alone? Sadly there was one tiny thing that had happened the night before that she hadn’t told Lacey.

“Just get me something to go, please.”

“Yeah hang on.” Ten minutes later she was walking back out the door of the diner, with two cartons one for her and the other for Brian. She placed it in the passenger seat of her truck and drove back to the apartment. She wasn’t going to drag out what was going to happen next so she went on up. The door was still locked from her leaving twenty minutes earlier. She unlocked the door and noticed that he wasn’t in the living room or the kitchen. She sat the food on the table and grabbed forks and started coffee. She picked his clothes up and carried them back to the bedroom he was still asleep. She set his clothes on the bed and turned on the light. His eyes flew open when it came on. He covered them up with his hands and slowly moved them when she started to speak.

“I got you breakfast. It’s in the kitchen.” and with that she walked back out to the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee since it was finished. She knew there were tears falling down her face but she didn’t care. He walked out moments later completely clothed and stood in the doorway watching her.

“Median…”

“Don’t” was all she said and grabbed her take out and coffee and slammed into the bedroom and ended up just sitting it on the dresser and then sitting on the floor her knees pulled to her chest crying into her arms. She looked up a moment later when the bedroom door opened.

“Median, you should’ve told me.”

“I was drunk okay. Stupid shit happens when your drunk.”

“I would’ve stopped.” Brian said kneeling in front of her.

“I didn’t want you too, but…”

“You weren’t thinking straight.” She shook her head in agreement with that and he pulled her to him and sat on the floor letting her cry.

Lacey was on the phone the minute she got her first break. She called Rowan and was waiting impatiently for her friend to answer the phone. She about flipped when she did.

“ROWAN I’m GONNA KILL YOU!”

“What the hell did I do?” Rowan asked as she took the plate the waitress handed her.

“You left her alone with Brian.”

“Who?”

“Median”

“Uhm…”

“Don’t uhm me Rowan, she slept with him.”

“How the hell do you know, it’s like ten in the morning.”

“Because she came into the diner to get food. Jesus Rowan, you promised me when I left with Johnny you’d watch out for her.”

“I got distracted.”

“I’m betting you did.”

“Shit Lacey, why was I the one to watch her? She’s a big girl she can take care of herself.”

“She just seemed upset by it when she came in this morning.”

“Wow was he that bad?”

“Trust me I don’t think that was the problem.”

“Whatever, she’ll get over it. Now can I eat my breakfast in peace?”

“Whatever, if there are repercussions from this I’m coming after you.” and Lacey hung up the phone. Rowan stared at her cell phone for a minute and shook her head.

“What the hell was that about?” Matt asked from across the table.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, just girl shit. I’m gonna have to go up to Long Beach after breakfast. Lacey and I have to check on something.”

“Okay… uhm you’re not going to tell me the whole story are you babe?”

“Maybe later, if I know I won’t die for telling you. But don’t worry it’s not something I’m gonna hide from you.”

“I trust you Rowan.”

“I know.” She said back and he took her hand in his. They looked up when someone said his name. Rowan’s eyes hardened as Val walked over and Matt gripped her hand tighter. She turned her eyes to him and they softened when his green met hers. He calmed almost instantaneously. Val’s eyes moved between Matt and Rowan and she cocked an eyebrow at the red head.

“Aww isn’t this cute. Ro took Matt out to breakfast to get over me. Don’t you do that every time we fight sweetie?”

“C’mon Val, let’s just go, you don’t need to be starting shit with them.” Michelle said grabbing her twin sisters arm. Val shrugged her off and Matt shook his head.

“Considering I’m paying I’d like to know how in the hell she’s taking me out this time.” Matt said looking at Val. Michelle tossed her hands up in the air.

“Seriously unbelievable both of you.” the brunette sister said. Rowan had to agree with her. After all Michelle was the one that they all really liked. She was Brian’s ex but she was still cool and there were no hard feelings between the two, they just didn’t talk to Michelle as much because Val liked to pull her into the drama.

“Michelle, you want to go outside while they have this out?” Rowan asked.

“Hell yeah, C’mon Rowan.” and the two walked outside.

“Now that she’s gone, Matt, baby…”

“Don’t start with me Val, it’s done, it’s over. You already got your shit out of my house, and I already changed the locks so why don’t you just leave me alone.”

“C’mon Matt I didn’t mean it.”

“You never meant it Val, but sadly as much as I thought I cared I don’t. I was more pissed that I wasted all those years on you. Well and thinking I would never have what I really wanted.” Matt said the last part staring out the window of the restaurant that they were at, in the direction of the laughing red head that he was in love with.

“You’re lying, you’ve always had me…”

“But sadly it was because I couldn’t have who I wanted. And Val, quit begging for me to take you back it really isn’t attractive. Now if you’ll excuse me I really have lost my appetite.” and with that Matt was up and out of his seat a moment later leaving the blonde alone at the table and picking up the check and paying before walking out the door. Rowan and Michelle turned and Rowan smiled at him for a moment before he wrapped an arm around her waist. Michelle said her good byes and Matt invited her to the house the following weekend for a party and she said she’d think about it.