That's Where You Take Me

Dammit Brian...

Rowan walked into the diner just as Lacey clocked out. She glared at her friend and Lacey shoved her toward a booth. Rowan raised an eye brow at her friend. Lacey started going off on her the minute Rowan’s ass hit the seat of the bench. Rowan sat there and looked at Lacey for a minute. She tried to get in a word or two but Lacey was hell bent on chewing her ass out. She was acting like Median and Brian hooking up was an entirely bad thing. Hello had Lacey not seen the looks that passed between the two the night before. Or was she the only one that had.

Back at Median’s apartment she sat there on her couch staring at the door he had walked out of moments before. She wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. She never wanted to cry. So who cared that it had been great. She hardly knew him. For gods sake it had been her first time and she’d been drunker than hell. It didn’t matter that she remembered it, it was the fact that it had been with almost a complete stranger. She couldn’t walk into her bedroom and she had to be at work that night. What the hell was she supposed to do? She glanced up at a knock on her door.

“Median, c’mon it’s Rowan.”

“I’m not in the mood for company Rowan.”

“Please, just answer the door” Median sighed as she stood and walked to the door. She unlocked the chain lock and then opened the door. She turned her face from her friend as she let her in. Rowan shut the door behind her and Lacey and the two of them turned to Median.

“You’ve been crying.” Lacey said looking at Median’s reddened eyes. Median glanced down at her feet.

“Median, what happened last night?”

“Don’t worry about it you guys.”

“Median…”

“It’s nothing really.”

“Don’t make me ask again.” Rowan said rather harshly.

"I said it wasn't a big deal! It doesn't matter that I was a virgin until last night!" Lacey and Rowan looked at one another and then back to Median.

“What…” Rowan asked looking at Median. Median suddenly realized what she had said and looked at the other two. She swallowed, Rowan looked murderous and Lacey looked ready to beat the shit out of someone.

Matt was sitting on his front porch with Brian and Zack when Rowan pulled into the driveway. Lacey was with her. They both slammed their doors and Matt looked at his woman like shit. Rowan was hip to hip with Lacey as they advanced, both looking murderous.

“BRIAN ELWIN HANER JR YOU ARE A DEAD MAN!” Matt sighed a sigh of relief.

“Oh thank god I was not the idiot to piss off Ro.” Rowan glanced at him and shook her head. And briefly smiled at him then she turned her attention back to Brian and her eyes turned almost black.

“You Sonofabitch.” Lacey yelled at him causing Matt and Zack to stand and jump the railing and move away toward the driveway.

“How the hell could you?” Rowan yelled.

“What the hell?” Brian said looking at the two women.

“Jesus, you took advantage of her…. She was drunk!”

“I didn’t know! Besides… we were both drunk!”

“Bullshit Brian! I know you weren’t that fucking drunk!” Rowan yelled

“It doesn’t fucking matter.” Lacey said

“She told us what happened this morning.”

“Then you know I apologized…” Brian said groaning, this was so not happening.

“Yeah cause saying sorry makes it all fucking better!” Rowan said rolling her eyes.

“What the hell did he do?” Matt asked suddenly curious.

“It doesn’t matter right now. What matters is who’s kicking his ass first.”

“I already told you that’ be me.” Rowan said

“She’s my friend first.”

“And who was the last one at the bar? I hate admitting this, but it may have been sorta my fault, therefore the 'i was her friend first' thing is now defunct.”

“Are you really debating which of you is kicking my ass?”

“YES!” Rowan and Lacey yelled together.

“WHY?” Matt and Zack yelled

“Because he fucking deserves it…” Lacey and Rowan said together.

“Wow scary…” Matt said glancing at Zack as the two women were now in synch with one another. “I still wanna know what’s going on…” Matt said.

“Oh so you didn’t tell them you fucked Median last night? That’s still not gonna save your ass.” Rowan said glaring at Brian.

“ROWAN! What part of ‘keep this quiet’ didn’t you understand?”

“Wait and you guys are supremely pissed off… BRIAN YOU DIDN’T…” Matt yelled and Brian guiltily looked away.

“Yeah... they're right. You deserve to have your ass kicked.” Zack said and that gave Rowan the distraction she needed to slam her fist into his face. Brian who knew how temperamental the red head was hadn’t expected the blow to make him stumble back as far as he had. Matt tried not to smirk as him and Zack looked at one another and shook their heads as they remembered what had happened last time Rowan and Brian had gotten into a fight. He had ended up with a bruised jaw and a black eye, as well as a bruised ego.

“Hey save some of him for me…” Lacey said and Rowan stepped back. Lacey threw her first hit just as Johnny, Jimmy, Leana, and Michelle showed up. Johnny’s jaw hit the ground as he saw Lacey slam her fist into Brian’s face and watched as her engagement ring left a small gash under his eye. Everyone’s heads turned as Leana burst into laughter. Jimmy glanced sideways at his girlfriend and apparently it was contagious because even Matt was laughing now. Michelle smacked Matt over the head and poked Leana.

“Okay, everyone stop, what the hell did he do to deserve the all female beat down this time?” Michelle asked.

“He thought with his dick instead of his fucking brain is what…” Rowan said glaring at Brian. He rolled his eyes.

“Not the first time Rowan, remember? Oh wait you were drunk then too.”

“Wait… what?” Matt asked looking between Rowan and Brian. Rowan swallowed.

“At least it wasn’t like he took my virginity that time…”

“Uhm no that was the month before when we were sober…” Brian said and Rowan turned and slammed her fist into his face again, only this time she busted his lip open. Matt looked between the two of them and he was looking pretty pissed off.

“What the fuck… when?”

“Senior year”

“But Brian…”

“I was pissed off, okay? I wasn’t really thinking about it, and it just happened.”

“What the hell were you pissed off about that made you do that…?”

“When did you ask Val out Matt?” Rowan asked raising an eyebrow.

“Senior year before Easter… oh…”

“Yeah oh.”

“But Brian?”

“What the fucks wrong with Brian?” Michelle asked. Hey she had dated him at one point so she wanted an answer to that.

“He’s an idiot that’s what.” Rowan was still glaring at Brian.

“Yeah put that aside for a m… wait this conversation went towards… OH MY GOD BRIAN!!!”

Median sat looking at her phone and couldn’t believe that her stupid sister in law had hung up on her. The tears started falling even harder than they had been. The one time she wanted to talk to the woman she hung up on her because Median didn’t want to talk about her brother, or her niece or her family. What the hell was Median gonna do? She sighed as she got up and got ready for work.