Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

Who?

A heavy breathing came from the other line. Who the heck is this? Darth Vador? I questioned me self.

“Hello?” I asked again, but the person hung up.

“Creepy, much,” I said to myself.

“Who was that?” Mikey asked as I got back into my comfortable position.

“I don’t know… they didn’t say anything,” I replied. I grabbed my book and put back up to my face and started reading again.

“How long does it take to take a shower?” Bob groaned.

“Who?” Gerard asked, not looking up from his sketch book.

“Delilah,” Bob replied.

“You lived with her for like 10 months, you should know how long it takes,” Frank replied, with a little bit of a laugh.

Bob mumbled, “Taking up all the hot water.”

“Who doesn’t like a hot shower?” Ray joined in.

“Who likes a cold shower? That’s all you’ll get after Delilah’s out,” Bob replied.

“Which is why you get in at like 5AM,” Frank smirked.

“So, that’s you who was always taking a shower at five in the morning?” Mikey asked. Frank raised his eyebrow.

“No,” he replied.

“Ugh, yeah that’s me,” said Gerard. He scratched his head as if he were trying to think what details to add on to his picture. I laughed.

“Ha. I didn’t even know you were listening you looked like you were really into that book,” Ray said chuckling a bit.

“Well-,” I said just as the bus door opened. Delilah walked in and pulled her hood off her head.

“What’d I miss?” She asked. I wondered weather I should tell her about the strange phone call or wait till it happens again. I thought I'd wait, it could have been a prank phone call. God knows I used to make the worst calls to innocent people.

"It's about fucking time you got out, Delilah!" Bob said.

"Oh, Bob, freaking relax! You already got your shower!" I said.

"Yeah, but there are other bands on this tour, you know. They're just getting off stage and there's probably never any hot water left."

"Okay, okay, Bob. If it makes you happy, I'll take shorter showers," Delilah said, as she flopped down next to Gerard on the couch.

"Aw, what? No love for Frankie?" Frank whined and patted his lap for Delilah to sit down on him.

"Nope." Delilah popped her lips on the "p" sound. She never looked up from Gerard's sketch book

"And why not?" he asked, pretending to be hurt.

"Because, Gerard is drawing someone's gorgeous face," Delilah said. Bob and Ray had gone back to their video game against each other and Kierstyn was watching them. Mikey put his arm around me and pulled me closer. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. I had abandoned my book. After that call I didn't feel like reading. I just wanted to watch things.

"And who's is that?" Frank asked. I couldn't see Gerard behind me, but I heard him pick up a colored pencil and start coloring things in.

"Delilah," Gerard said.

"YOU are drawing MY wife?" Frank asked, amused. "Somehow I find that a bit backwards."

"Well, let's see you draw her then! You can't draw people worth a shit, Frank," Mikey said. His voice vibrated through his body and into mine.

"Good point," Frank looked down in defeat. I laughed.

"Frank, you're such a pouter!" I said, jokingly.

"Doesn't anybody love me?" Frank asked desperately.

"I kissed your ashtray mouth before, during, and after the show," Delilah said, "Not to mention, Gerard kissed you too. There’s your love."

"Could you guys be quiet? I'm concentrating," Gerard said, frowning at his drawing.

Delilah got up and walked over to Frank and sat on his lap. He smiled a huge grin.

"Happy?" she whispered. Frank nodded, still grinning and gave her a kiss.

I snuggled into Mikey's shoulder and closed my eyes. It was getting late. A few minutes later, I felt Mikey lift me up. He had a little trouble getting me off the floor, but he carried me smoothly to the bunks and laid me down. I knew it wasn't mine because mine was a top bunk. I could smell Mikey on the pillows and I heard him undressing down to his boxers. He crawled in with me and managed to get the covers around us.

And that's how I fell asleep, wrapped up in a Mikey blanket.