Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

What's up with...?

Delilah’s POV

“What was that all about?” asked Frank, looking up from his plate. Gerard and Mikey shrugged.

“I dunno,” they chorused. Kierstyn and I looked at each other and sighed.

“Should we leave her alone?” she asked. I sighed and bit my lip.

“I think we should… give her a few minutes, if she doesn’t come back in about five minutes we’ll go check on her,” I replied.

Kierstyn nodded in agreement.

“I like strawberries,” Ray said, quickly changing the subject. Kierstyn and I both gave him the same confused glare.

“So do I,” Bob smiled. We changed our glare over to Bob.

“Well I do,” he shrugged.

“Men,” Kierstyn and I sighed. We laughed at the fact that we said it at the same time. The guys looked at each other.

“Women,” they sighed, mocking us.

“Did you want more coffee, sir?” the waitress asked Frank. He looked up at her.

“Yes, please.”

“Did anyone else want anything?” she asked after pouring Frank’s coffee.

“Can I have another Pepsi?” Kierstyn asked.

“Me too,” I added.

The waitress smiled, grabbed our cups and walked away.

“I don’t get how you can drink Pepsi for breakfast,” said Ray, looking at both me and Kierstyn. We shrugged.

“We need energy,” I replied.

“You can get energy from coffee,” Mikey pointed out.

“Yeah well… ugh… yeah, well… well… um… it makes you have to piss really badly,” Kierstyn said. I laughed.

“So does Pepsi,” said Bob, with a smirk.

“But coffee makes your breath smell bad,” I said.

“Excuses, excuses,” Gerard said, shaking his head back and forth.

“Well… maybe we’re just not in the mood for coffee,” added Kierstyn.

“Since when are you not in the mood for coffee?” Frank asked.

“Since now,” I growled.

“Okay,” Frank surrendered, holding his hands up.

The waitress came back with mine and Kierstyn’s Pepsi.

“Here you are,” she said with a smile.

“Thanks,” Kierstyn and I replied, returning the favor.

“How is everything?” she asked.

“Good,” we all replied.

“Good,” she said, and then she walked away.

“What time is it?” I asked a while later. Gerard looked at his watch, “10:13.”

“Crap,” I exclaimed, “Ashley!”

“Crap,” Kierstyn exclaimed. We both jumped out of seats and ran to the bathroom.

Ashley’s POV

Hello Ashley

Who the hell are you?!

Doesn’t matter.

The hell it doesn't! WTF do you want?!

Nothing but a life.

Well they’re selling some at the store. Go get one.

Aren’t you funny?

Yes. Yes, I am.

No need for the attitude, missy

Missy? No one except my grandma calls me Missy.

Oh no. You did not just call me Missy.

Oh yes I did. What are you gonna do about it?

I’ll let that one slide, buddy. Now who are you and what the fuck do you want?!

Once again… doesn’t matter.

“Ashley,” Delilah said, bursting into the girl’s bathroom, interrupting my texting. Kierstyn followed her. I let out a yelp and then laughed it off.

“What’s going on?” Kierstyn asked.

I shook my head, “Nothing.”

“You sure?” Dee asked.

“Mhm,” I lied, nodding my head.

“Then what was taking so long?” Kierstyn asked.

“Ugh,” I said pausing. I never thought of that. I didn’t have time to think of that! The two burst in the bathroom scaring the living crap out of me!

“Ugh,” Delilah mocked.

“Shut up. I was texting my sister,” I said quickly.

“Your sister...?” Delilah asked as she gave me the ‘yeah, okay’ look. I didn’t have a sister… I’m so smooth.

“Mhm,” I replied.

“The one that sits at the front desk in hell and has Elvis get her coffee; calls the living telling them her father would like to have a meeting with them and to do that they have to stand in their drive way, spin around 6 times, then jump and down 6 times, then sing 'Number the Beast', with the name Tulip?” she asked with a serious look on her face. Her arms were folded across her chest as she spoke.

“Can you say: Crazy?” Kierstyn said with a slight giggle.

“Crazy,” replied Delilah, shaking her head.

“I’m not kidding! She exists,” I argued.

Delilah continued to shake her head and Kierstyn was looking at her nails. They were going to put me in the nut house if I told them she was real. Which she wasn’t, obviously.

“Ashley, did you fall off your bunk?” Delilah asked. She came over to me and put her arm around my shoulder and looked at me with a creepy smile on her face.

“It’s a possibility,” I sighed. Kierstyn looked up from her hand and shook her head.

“What?” I asked.

“I swear there’s something wrong with you. Let me see the phone,” Delilah said, putting her hand out waiting for me to give her my cell phone.

“No,” I said, pulling away from her.

“Ashley, give me the phone,” Delilah said approaching me.

“No,” I repeated.

“Ashley,” Kierstyn said joining Delilah.

“No,” I said laughing while pushing past them.

“We will get it Ashley. We will,” Kierstyn vowed, with a slight laughs, as I ran out of the bathroom