Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

What is it?!

Frank’s POV

(December 29th 2008)

(11:30)

“Gee! What time is the interview at?” I asked as I got up from the table.

“Ugh… probably around…. One,” Gerard replied. I was fine with one.

“Are we there yet?” Delilah asked sounding annoyed. Ashley rolled her eyes.

“NO DELILAH! WE’RE NOT THERE YET,” she yelled.

“Okay,” Delilah replied. I sighed and sat next to her on the couch.

“Is my little Delilah bored?” I asked placing my hand on her knee.

“Yeah,” She sighed.

“Back room,” Bob said loudly, “And no babies!”

Delilah glared at Bob.

“Sorry,” he said looked down. Delilah looked at me and leaned towards me then whispered in my ear.

“Really… you’re not lying?” I asked. She shook her head.

“Nope,” She replied smirking.

“But then you be- and then you won’t- but you’d be- and then I’d be- and then we’d have to- you’re not kidding,” I realized as she gazed at me. She shook her head.

“But Bob-“

“Bob what,” Bob asked.

“Then Bob would say I told not to,” I said.

“Too bad for him,” Delilah said, “Ohh I’m vibrating.”

Delilah got up and turned back and winked at me. She walked into the back room and shut the door. She wasn’t kidding.

Delilah’s POV

I waited for the right time to call Frank. I kept looking back at my cell phone… which never rang in the first place. I just used that as an excuse. About 5 minutes passed. I got off the couch in the back room and opened the door. Those years in theatre really paid off.

“Frank,” I called pretending to sound like I was crying. Frank immediately came over.

“What,” he asked. He entered the back room shutting the door behind him. I ran over to the door after Frank shut it and then I locked it. That way no one would come in. I breathed heavily.

“You’re sure?” Frank asked. I nodded.

“I’m sure,” I added. Frank smirked and slowly walked over to me and grabbed my hips.

“You’re not kidding?” He asked. I wrapped my hands around his neck.

“I’m not kidding,” I replied with a small laugh.

Gerard’s POV

“What the heck is that?” Mikey asked looking around. I shrugged.

“What was what?” Ray asked. Kierstyn turned off the TV. Everything was quite. Bob groaned after about a minute.

“I told them so,” he said shaking his head. All of us sighed and Kierstyn turned the TV back on and turned it up louder.

Frank’s POV

A knock came at the door.

“Guys it’s almost one o’clock,” Gerard muffled voice said. Delilah quickly jumped off the couch.

“Ugh… Okay we’ll be right out,” I said. Delilah pulled her pants up to her hips and buttoned then quickly.

“Okay,” Gerard’s voice said. I pulled my shirt on over my head. Delilah fixed her hair.

“Dude, you left a mark,” Delilah said looking in the mirror.

“Well sorry I didn’t mean to! Put make up over it,” I replied as I too fixed my hair.

“Does it look like I just got out of bed?” Delilah asked. I shook my head.

“Me?” I asked.

“Ugh… no not really,” She replied.

I nodded, “Good”

Delilah unlocked the door and I followed her out. She quickly lay on her bunk and got out her make up kit.

“I forgot I could do my make up in here,” She replied turning the light on. I laughed and continued walking.

“I told you guys ‘no’ but you younger kids just don’t listen,” Bob said shaking his head. I shrugged.

“What are we gonna do about it? Nothing,” I replied.

“Where did you get that lame excuse from?” Bob asked. I laughed.

“You,” I answered.

“Oh yeah, on the making of Helena,” said Kierstyn.

“Oh yeah,” Ashley said, “I remember watching that on MTV.”

(Interview)

Fiona (interviewer in Detroit): Hey guys, welcome.

Gerard: Thank you.

We sat down… I, Dee, Gee, Mikey, Ray and Bob.

Fiona: So are you excited about tonight?

Delilah: Defiantly.

Gerard: You’ll probably get a lot of one word answers from her today… before she went in she was hyper, she came out and she’s taking a nap on her bed.

Delilah: Gerard, shut up.

Frank: Dude that’s family secrets you’re giving out there.

Delilah: They wouldn’t have known it was a secret if you didn’t say it was! Now they know it’s a secret!

Frank: Dang it…

Bob: I told them so. But they didn’t listen.

Delilah: Honestly how many times are you going to say that?

Bob: Until I’ve been proven wrong.

Fiona: I don’t think we really want to know.

Mikey: You don’t.

Fiona: Okay… so… when are you going to be shooting your next video?

Gerard: Ugh… some time next month… see we would have made it earlier, but Frank and Dee were on their honeymoon when the CD came out and they were gone for two months after it did come out, and then we had so many tour dates we wanted to make we’ve just been really busy. Plus it’s the right kind of weather we want to do this video shoot in so.

Delilah: Make it sound like everything is my fault.

Gerard: No, no, no don’t take it the wrong way I mean we’ve been busy lately.

Mikey: You’re so crabby. What happened back-?

Frank: Mikey shut up.

Mikey: Sorry.

Fiona: So… Gerard… a lot of us are still confused… are you engaged?

Gerard: Actually yeah… I’ve found that there was someone out there who understood me and she means a lot to me.

Fiona: Aww…

Delilah: Yeah…

Fiona: So are you guys doing anything at all? Like in your spare time?

Delilah: Well… I was thinking I’d make something like an advice type of thing. Like you would mail me with your problems and say yes or no if you wanted it to be on tape because see this is want I’m gonna do. I’m gonna make a thing like where you need advise and I’ll mail my response back to you. And if there are more people out there with your problems and you want to help them out just tell me if you want your problem to be on tape… I’ll read it and then tell them my response.

Frank: Yeah, it’s okay I didn’t know she was doing this either.

Delilah: Well, hello? I just thought of it the other day.

Gerard: I didn’t know that.

Delilah: I thought I told you.

Then Ashley came over to me.

“Dee, you told the fan.”

Delilah: I didn’t? Oh right I told her. Okay… Sorry Gerard.

Gerard: No problem.

Fiona: You’re making an advice show?

Delilah: Yeah posting it on you tube and our myspace.

Frank: Can I help?

Delilah: We’ll talk later.

Frank: okay.

Fiona: That’s pretty cool. Not meaning to change the subject so quickly but did you guys get the guitar hero three thing for Christmas?

Frank: *laughs evilly* Yes!

Ray: Yet another game for Bob to win at.

Delilah: No…. Bob and I played the other day and I won.

Frank: Oh yeah ha, ha I remember you were like “What now?!”

Bob: I let her win.

Gerard: Yeah okay.

Fiona: Yeah, I got it I’m pretty good.

Frank: Oh really?

Fiona: Yeah really.

Frank: I wanna see you play against Dee.

Delilah: Say what?

Gerard: What?

Fiona: Seriously?

Frank: No lie.

Delilah: Fine… Fiona?

Fiona: Delilah?

Delilah: Bring it.

Fiona: easy mode?

Delilah: *laughs* Yeah, I can’t do anything higher than that yet.

Fiona: Neither can I… and we’ll do one of your songs.

Frank: Helena? That’s easy.

Delilah: Exactly.

Fiona and I got the guitars and stood up getting ready to play the game.

Gerard: When I played on TV I didn’t get a guitar strap.

Frank: Well… that was some where else.

Mikey: Dee! Dee! Dee! Dee!

Fiona: Ready?

Delilah: I’m ready. Are you ready?

Fiona: I’m ready.

Delilah: Then let’s get to it.

(*Helena starts* towards end of song)

Fiona: Nooo!

Delilah: Yes!

Fiona: Nooo!

Frank: Ha! Dee! Dee! Dee!

Gerard: It’s almost over…

Fiona: I know!

Delilah: I’m loosing my concentration!

Frank: Sorry.

(Song ends)

Fiona: Good game.

Delilah: *laughs* Yeah, you tried.

Fiona: I tried.

(About 10 minutes later inter view ends)

“Dee, you don’t look so good,” Ashley said. My arms we folded on the table and my head was down.

“I don’t feel good,” I replied. Gerard walked pasted us and then back up and looked at me.

“You don’t feel good?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Do you think you can do the show tonight?” he questioned.

“Yeah… I should feel fine by then,” I replied. Gerard smirked.

“Okay,” He said and continued walking.

“Who doesn’t feel good?” Frank asked as he walked out of the bathroom.

“Your wife,” Ashley replied.

“Why not?” Frank asked as he plopped down in the seat across from me.

“I don’t know… I just have a head ache really,” I replied sleepily.

“Did you take aspirin?” Ashley questioned setting a glass of water down in front of me. I shook my head.

“That would be a good idea,” she added as she turned around and searched though the cupboards. I turned my pounding head over to Frank. The sudden movement made my messy black hair fall into my face. I could just barely see Frank’s hand reaching over the table to move the hair out of my eyes. When he did I could see his pale face perfectly.

The darkness of his black hair almost made him look like a ghost… but Gerard was a lot paler. Ashley set the bottle of aspirin next to the glass of water. I don’t even know why we had glass on the bus in the first place… maybe it was a gift from a fan that one of the guys received.

“How many again?” I asked. I held the small plastic bottle in my cold hands. The bottle being transparent, I could see little pancake looking pills all un-neatly piled on top of one another.

“Four,” Ashley replied. I sighed and sat up straight. Still holding the bottle in my hands I attempted to take the cap off. It was always: line up the arrows and push. Luckily this time the cap didn’t go flying across the tour bus like it had before. I dumped 4 smooth white aspirin into the palm of my hand.

I noticed Frank and Ashley watching as I popped each aspirin into my mouth and take a sip of water after everyone. I guess that was entertaining.

“Feel better?” Ray asked as he passed the small booth.

“Ray she just took the aspirin… it’s not going to work that fast,” Ashley stated. I just shrugged. As long as my head ach went away I was fine.

(3 days later)

“Okay, either we can to go a hospital or we can go to the store and get one of those thermometer things,” Frank said quickly. I didn’t want to go to the hospital. Not again. I was just there 4 days ago.

“The store it is,” I said. Gerard shook his head.

“What?” I asked. Gerard looked up from his focus on the floor.

“Honestly if you are… I hope you’ll still be able to do shows,” he said.

“Gerard!” Kierstyn scolded, gently hitting Gee on his arm. Gerard shrugged. I laughed.

“Well sorry! I’m just saying I hope she’ll be able to do shows,” Gee defended. Frank put his arm around my shoulders.

“Guess we’ll just have to find out,” Frank added. Mikey nodded in agreement.

“I guess so,” said Bob. We were almost to the arena in Helena, Wyoming. Just a few more minutes.

We sent one of our female body guards into the store. If we sent Harold or any of the other males… they’d have no idea what to buy.

“What’s it say?! What’s it say?!” Frank asked excitedly.

“I just came out of the bathroom… give it five minutes,” I said as I sat down in the booth. I held the device in my hands knowing some one would yell at me if I put it on the table. I didn’t like the fact everyone was gathered around the table just waiting for it to test positive or negative. It was uncomfortable.

“Should we start thinking of names?” Bob teased. We all looked at Bob.

“Too early,” Ashley replied, “Too early”

I nodded in agreement, way too early.

“They should make a candle that smells like a tour bus,” Mikey blurted out randomly. I laughed along with the others.

“Random much?” Kierstyn asked. Mikey shrugged.

“You know for the kids who want to be famous and go on tour so they know what the bus will smell like after a while,” He added. Frank raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, we can add a little ‘Way brothers after a show’ sent into it too,” He joked. Every one including Mikey and Gerard laughed. They knew it was about them but they’re just those cool kinds of guys that will laugh at them selves.

“How many parents would want to walk into their child’s room that’s perfectly clean and smell tour bus? They’ll think that there’s an old turkey sandwich under the bed or something,” Ray added.

“Okay, it doesn’t smell that bad,” I stated. Ray shrugged.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Everyone stopped laughing and looked at me. I blinked in shock at how fast everyone did.

“What’s it say?” Frank whispered. I took a deep breath and looked down at the thermometer. I felt a lump in my throat and my cheeks started to burn. I shook my head.

“Dee?” Gerard asked with caution.

“Negative,” I muttered.

“They’re not always right the first few times… remember on lost ‘some times it could be wrong when it gives you a negative… but a positive is a positive’,” Ashley said calmly. Frank hugged me and held me close.

“I told you be-“

“Bob! Be quiet,” Kierstyn snapped.

“Sorry”

Negative. But I was glad Ash brought that up… but I still cried. I just felt the need to.