Sequel: *** Isn't My Case

It Was a Lie When They Smiled

The turth

Delilah’s POV

“Hey, Kierstyn. Where’s Gee?” I asked, looking around as I got on the bus. Kierstyn smiled and pointed towards the bunks.

“Oh,” I whispered. I turned around and put my finger up to my lips to make sure that every one else was quite as they got on the bus.

“Okay,” Ashley whispered. We all moved quietly trying not to wake up Gerard. Each of us got changed into different clothes and went to bed. I had switched to the lower bunk across from Frank because I got freaked that if we turned to fast I would fall off.

With in a few minutes I could tell every one was sleeping. Slivery moon light shined brightly in though the windows onto Frank’s back. I smiled to my self as I watched him sleep.

How could anyone pick heroin over Frank? That thought made me think. What would have happened if I choose heroin instead? Well for one I would have never been able to pull off the show. We would have had to cancel it. I wouldn’t be able to handle that crowd by my self. It was my first show with out Gerard.

Second I’d be doing more drugs and my heroin because Frank would have divorced me. Also Frank would have been heart broken. Not even heroin could change the way I felt when I saw the look in Frank’s eye’s when he gave me that choice.

All of those thoughts went though my head and I couldn’t sleep. I got out of bed and went into the… I guess you could call it… a living space. A living area maybe? Well whatever you would like to call the place with the couches and the big TV, that’s where I was.

I just looked out the window and watched cars go by. The moon’s refection shining off the hoods and on the roof of them. The only things that made noises where the rattling of sliver wear on the counter and every one either lightly snoring or moving in bed. I could also hear the sound of the bus on the highway pavement and the soft tune of The Great Escape from behind the driver’s door.

Kierstyn’s POV

I heard someone get out of bed as I lay there awake thinking about the day I took Delilah for a walk while the guys and Ashley looked though her stuff. I couldn’t understand why she would do that to her self.

Anyway… I peaked my head out of the bunk to see who had gotten out of bed. The light above the counter was on. I could easily tell that it was Delilah. I watched as she sat on the couch and look out the window.

Now I lay there thinking if I should get up and talk to her or if I should just go back to sleep, or try to go back to sleep. It was hard for me to fall asleep that night. And now I had been stuck thinking if I should get up and ask her if there was any other reasons for the drugs. I closed my eyes tightly as I thought it out. I made up my mind… I was going.

“Hey,” I whispered, pulling my hoodie closer to me. Delilah jumped and looked at me. Then she smiled.

“Hey,” she replied also whispering.

“Do you mind if I sit,” I asked. Delilah smirked and shook her head.

“You don’t have to ask… you sit where ever you want,” she laughed.

“Right,” I said extending the word. I sat next to her and look out of the window at the cars.

“Can’t sleep?” Delilah asked finally. I shook my head.

“Nope. You?” I replied.

She shook her head, “Nope.”

“Why?” I asked.

Dee shrugged, “I was thinking about stuff.”

“Like what kind of stuff?”

“Like Frank stuff and drug stuff. Like how could I have done that to Frank,” She explained, “How about you?”

I sighed before saying anything.

“Like you stuff. When I took you for that walk last month and I was wondering… was there another reason you were doing drugs?”

Delilah’s eyes filled with honesty as she began to explain.

“I felt… useless. I felt like I wanted all of the attention. I felt stupid about not listening to what Bob had to say. I was embarrassed. I wanted to know why I took advantage of the fact I could have kids so quickly.

“I never listened to other people and only cared about my self. I never asked anyone how they would feel if I were to have kids so soon. If I was even ready for kid, I didn’t know. I never asked Frank if he was ready. I just gave him now choice. Not even anytime for him to respond.

“I knew I would be depressed, and I didn’t want to hurt Frank by letting him see me like that. I thought drugs would be a good way to make my self seem normal so it would be like I wasn’t depressed about the negative. But it looks like that didn’t work.”

I smiled.

“What? This isn’t supposed to be a happy subject,” Delilah pointed out.

“I’m smiling because you let it out and you told some one. Don’t you feel like there’s less pressure on your shoulders?” I asked. Delilah took a deep breath and smiled at me.

“Yes, actually,” She replied.

“Your secret is safe with me.”

“Thanks, Kierstyn.”

“Any time, Dee, any time.”

“So…”

“Hey, how was it handling the show?”

“Alright. I mean I did fill in for Avril, but I don’t think she has too many mosh pits. How was ugh… staying back with Gerard?”

“Pretty fun. You know… we watched a few movies went for a walk. You guys sounded pretty good. Gerard wanted to see how you guys were doing.”

“Awesome.”

“Yeah we were there for Helena. You missed Gerard singing in your face and almost making you fall? Ha! Dee, that’s why we love you.”

“Aww thanks. Yeah, next concert if Gerard isn’t feeling any better I’m gonna try taking that song on by myself.”

“We’ll you’ve done it before.”

“I did?”

“You sang the whole song while we were packing.”

“Really?”

“Yeah… Lila you can take that song.”

“Lila. I haven’t been called that in like two years.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Well, I’m glad I came and talked to you, but I’m getting sort of tired now.”

“Me too,” Delilah agreed as we both got up. Both of us climbed into our separate beds. I don’t know about Delilah, but I fell asleep mighty fast.

Delilah’s POV

(In the morning)

(February 7th 2009)

“Dee, Gerard wants me to remind you that you have an interview today,” Ray said looking at Gerard. I too looked at him. He smiled and nodded. I stood there in complete confusion.

“When did this happen?” I asked.

“You made a date with that one girl in Texas that you would be there today,” Bob said.

“Yeah, but when?” I questioned.

“Like… 3 months ago or something,” Ashley said as she threw out the pop tart wrapper. I pondered this for a while.

“Oh yeah,” I said finally remembering, “I forgot about that!”

“Did you now?” Ashley asked.

I nodded, “Yup.”

“We would have never guessed,” Frank laughed.

“Shut up,” I said also laughing.

(At the interview)

“Okay and we are back with Delilah Iero from My Chemical Romance. How are you?” The interviewer asked.

“Hey, I’m doing pretty well. How about you,” I questioned back.

“Not bad. So,” she said taking a breath, “This is your first time on the show, and I don’t know how other shows you’ve been on run their shows but we don’t play any commercials or music videos right in the middle of the interview.”

“Really? That’s awesome. I hated it when I was younger well like 21 I hated watching interviews and they kept getting cut of by like some dude trying to sell you a box of fruit loops or something.”

“Yeah… we don’t do that. Especially since you’re on tour and you probably have other things to do-“

“No. I’m not busy at all… the only thing I have to do is start warming up for the concert at 7:00.”

“Well, then I guess that’s good. So, this is your very first year of touring for the whole thing. You’re not a surprise guest anymore like your not just joining the band. How does that feel?”

“I’ve actually never thought of it that way. Ugh. Ha… I’ve never answered this question before. Ugh… well… it’s kind of… strange. I mean the kids are probably used to me and stuff but yeah it’s just… strange.”

“We have a few questions about the tour from a few fans… where’s the first one? Oh… right there.”

“Hi, Delilah,” she said smiling.

“Hi,” I replied.

“So, I’ve been reading a few things online and they said MCR is so much different with a girl… they make it sound like they don’t like it. What do you have to say about that? I mean I still love you guys.”

“Yeah, we expected that to happen. We knew some kids wouldn’t like a chick joining MCR. I have to say that if they don’t like it then fine. It honestly doesn’t affect me. The guys asked me if I wanted to go on tour with them I said ‘sure, why not’. They really got into what I was doing and liked the way I sang and asked if I wanted to be in the band. It was the opportunity of a life time. If I said no they would ask me again. I’ve always wanted to be in a band and some how help people. Of course I took the chance.”

“Okay next question. You right there,” The interviewer said.

“Delilah, I too, have read stuff online but about different stuff. They said that you were starting to become 2004’s Gerard because you were doing drugs. I didn’t want to believe it but I would like to know if it’s true,” he asked.

I bit my lip.

“Umm… You know what, I know a month is still bad… but yeah you know what I was and for a few days I’ve been clean and still am and always will be. It was a month I was on, and the guys found out like maybe in January. I’m not sure because they just went though my stuff but they found out, and Frank talked me out of it.

What he told me is something that would probably freak you guys out so I’m not gonna say it. Yeah, not drugs. It’s been a few days and it has been getting a tab bit easier… I almost forgot I had done them.”

“A few days? Wow so you’re just recovering from that,” The interviewer said. I nodded.

“Well we have one more question…. Right back here.”

“Hey, Dee,” The boy said.

“Hey.”

“So, you guys must have something to do on that long bus ride from state to state. What do you guys do to pass the time?”

“Well… we watch TV. Play guitar hero… we ugh… eat… you know that’s always fun… we’ve really just have been watching movies a lot lately. To tell you the truth I don’t like watching movies. I can’t sit there for 2 hours watching some girl run around school in a cheerleading outfit… not like we watch that. We watch stuff like Sleepy Hallow and stuff but I can’t even sit though those. It’s like I have to be doing something or I’ll get bored and start annoying people… I mean we’ve watched the same movie like 5 times every month… I pretty much know the words to them.”

“Well, we hear you’re a huge nightmare before Christmas fan. So, we went and bought you the DVD but one of the crew members was like ‘don’t you think if she’s a fan of the movie she probably already has it,’ so instead we went out again today and got you and Frank and Nightmare before Christmas hoodie.”

“Aww did you? Well we’ll still take the DVD we have like 30 of them already. It wouldn’t hurt to add another one… heck if we loose one at least we know we have another one… Frank and I watch the nightmare before Christmas all the time so we know all the words to that,” I said accepting the hoodie and DVD.

“You’re not lying are you?”

“Nope!”

“Wow…”

“Yeah at home we have 7 TVs in our house and there has to be a DVD in every room.”

“Whoa… You guys seriously are obsessed over this movie.”

“Yup.”

“Okay so… We heard that Gerard wasn’t going to perform tonight! Why?”

“Well he got really sick yesterday and he lost his voice by the time we had to go on and perform and he hasn’t been able to talk since, so you know.”

“Did you guys perform after all?”

“Yeah… I was up there singing by my self. It was kind of scary because it was nothing like the Avril Lavigne concerts I was doing last year and there were more kids there. It went over pretty well I mean I was able to handle it.”

“Oh. Yeah, the Avril concerts! How did those go?”

“They were awesome. I really enjoyed it. I don’t know like if anyone found the videos of ‘life on the bus with Avril’s replacements’ but they’re pretty funny.”

“Oh, I think I saw one of them. Can we get a clip of it? Oh… okay. They said they’re look for it and then when they do they’ll show it. So, anyway back on topic… you’ll be up there by your self tonight?”

“Well no. I mean Frank, Mikey Ray and Bob are gonna be up there too.”

“Ha. I meant like with out Gerard.”

“Yeah, I kind of feel bad though because every one is waiting for Gee to do something and he’s not up there, and I don’t know what it is that he gets the crowd going. I’ve lived with the guys for like a year, and I have no idea how he does it.”

“You can borrow one of his boas.”

“Ooh! Hey if any one who is watching- wait this is live right?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay… for those who are going to the concert tonight, if you have things you want to give to Gerard we can take it to him for you. Like if you have boas or something you can bring those and throw the on stage and we’ll give it to him. If they’re for me or some thing you know-,” I said in a kidding voice. Every one laughed.

“If they’re for me or something you know just tie a string with a piece of paper that say’s ‘Delilah’,” I continued.

“Okay, well, here’s the clip from Avril’s replacements. Enjoy.”

The small clip played. My hair was so long then! I had gotten it cut in November.

“That had to be one of the best funny videos I’ve seen in a long time,” I said after it was over.

”Yeah, when I was watching it I just started laughing.”

“Really? I couldn’t imagine why.”

“Okay well. We have a few questions from fans online that they want you to answer. Sound good?”

“Sound’s great!”

“Alright… Thos first question is from Leah. ‘Hey. I was wondering if you were ever going to do that advice show thing that you said you would try to do. Is it ever going to happen? Not in a rude way.’”

“Well… to tell you the truth, I didn’t think we’d be this busy during tour. We’ve had to do a lot more interviews lately and stuff. So, no. I’m sorry. But I’ll still try to get advice to some of you guys.”

“This question is kind of personal… would you still answer it though?”

“Sure.”

“Okay, well this one is from ‘I don’t want my name to be known’, ‘Delilah, there’s something that’s been going around about you’ve been doing drugs because an interviewer asked you if you could have kids, and you said no and then you went to see if you could and it turns out that you’re able to, and then you tried for one and got a negative. Just wondering… is that true?’”

“Okay, some must have sent some on to spy on me. That’s exactly what happened. And then I thought deeper than just getting a negative, and… and I didn’t want to look or be so depressed. I didn’t want to see the guys feel bad because I was depressed. So I was like ‘well I’ll just do this and no one will ever know. All the depression will go away,’ and unfortunately that didn’t work. So.”

“Okay, off that topic it seems to be very emotional for-“

“No, I don’t mind talking about it.”

“Oh. Well… next question. This is from Zachary. ‘Did you ever play any sports when you were younger? What did you play or do and how did you come across it?’”

“I was never asked that before. But yes… the first sport I played was soccer and I did that until I was in like 2nd grade, ugh… I can’t even remember how that started. Then in 5th grade I was on the swim team. I got 6th and 5th place my first year. Then the next year I got 4th and 3rd. That pretty much started when I was like 8 or something, and I swam out into the lake with my cousins and I they gave me short lessons before that and I want out to the dock with them and swam all by my self. Then my other cousin had to go out and get me because everyone else was worried sick. And I didn’t even get in trouble. I was just like ‘that was awesome dude! I wanna do that again!’ and every one in my school was very supportive of me so. And then I was 12 and I had just finished 7th grade and my mom and dad signed me up for horse back riding. So I did that until I was maybe 14. After that I didn’t play any sport, like I wasn’t on any teams. It was all about music.”

“Oh…”

A while later the interview was over and I was out of there. That interview defiantly could have been better.