Status: Work On When Feels Like it.

Dear Dad...Please Help.

Uncontrollable Pain

Matt woke up the next day. He looked at Jade she was still sleeping. It had been clear that she had been crying. He hated that. He hated that she had to go threw this and all along it could’ve been avoided if he had just searched for her a little harder.
He got up with out waking her and walked into his room. He picked up his cell, he had a missed call from lisa.
Three rings and she picked up.
“Hey, I was wondering when I should pick Jade up?” She answered.
“Oh, Yeah, I forgot. Last night was kind of rough. I don’t think it would be a good idea.” He said into the phone.
“Oh. Thats fine. What’s wrong?”
“She just had a bad nightmare. I think it really shook her.” He explained.
“Oh the poor love. Is there anything I can do?” She asked.
“No, not really. I think everything just really hit her. I’m going to just let things be a little relaxed ‘round here.”
“I think that’s a good idea Matt. Call me if you guys need anything.” Matt nodded once to himself.
“Will do Lis, talk to you later”
“Kay, bye” He hung up the phone and poured him self a coffee. He heard little pitter patter of feet. He turned around and smiled. Jade rubbed the sleep from her eyes.
“Good morning baby” He smiled.
“Good morning daddy” Jade said glumly. Matt sat next to her and pushed her hair out of her face. He was shocked to find her covered in beads of sweat.
“Are you feeling okay?” He asked putting his hand to her forehead.
“Yeah, i’m fine.” She tried to cover it. She was never allowed to be sick, it got her in trouble.
“Jade, you don’t have to lie to me. Your fever is sky high.” He looked concerned. “You have to tell me when your sick so i can help get you better.” He said softly. Jade relaxed. “Now let’s get you settled.” He stood up, Jade following her But when she stood up she nearly fell back down. “Take it easy.” He caught her. He picked her up bridal style and brought her to the couch, laid her down and covered her with the throw.
Jade woke up freezing cold not able to control her shaking. She was drenched in sweet. Pain rippled threw her body.
“Dad!” She cried. “Dad!” She yelped once more. She heard foot steps run across the hall upstairs and down the stairs.
“Oh, my god.” He said when he looked at his daughter. He kneeled down beside her and stroked her head. She pulled away, any touch hurt. He raised his eyebrow.
“What’s wrong?” He asked.
“Everything hurts” He cried. Matt pulled out his cell phone and dialed Jay’s number.
“Hey” He answered.
“how fast can you get over here”
“I’m at my house so 5. Why?” Jay said.
“Jade’s really sick. I don’t know what to do”
“Yeah, i’ll be right over!” He hung up. Matt covered her up with more blankets, and went to the kitchen to get a cold compress, when he got back into the living room Jay was just walking in the door.
“She looks like hell it self.” Jay said walking over. Matt rested the cloth on her head, she groaned at the sudden contact.
“I know baby, but it will get your fever down.”
“Matt, I think you should take her to the emergency room, she looks really sick. I don’t think that we can diagnose this.” Matt sat down in the chair across from Jade. He put his hands in his head. He thought what could it be. Chills, High fever, Body ache's vomiting.
“Oh my god. I know what it is” Matt rubbed his face.
“What?” Jay asked.
“It’s ether a really bad case of the flu, or detox.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not to happy with this chapter, but please comment!