Status: Work On When Feels Like it.

Dear Dad...Please Help.

That Tattered old sweatshirt

Matt paced the waiting room. Bitting his nails, mumbling things to himself. He knew exactly what was wrong with Jade.
“Matt, calm down she’s going to be okay.” Moose tried calming him down, but it wasn’t working. He felt every possible way responsible for this.
“Why didn’t i take her to a doctor when I got back. I should’ve made sure everything is okay with her. I should’ve..I should’ve known better.” He mumbled to himself.
“Mr. Tuck?” Matt snapped his head up. He jogged over to the doctor meeting him half way.
“Is she okay?” Panic evident in his voice.
“She should be fine. We found Oxycodone in her system. We have her on medication to help dull the pain during the detox.” The doctor explained.
“So she’s going to be fine?” Matt ran his hands threw his hair, resting his hand on his hip.
“Yeah she should be okay if she doesn’t relapse. Were you aware of her drug use?” The doctor asked. Matt sighed running his hands threw his hair once more.
“The drugs weren't given to her on her own choice.” The doctor raised his eyebrow. “She just recently came to live with me. She lived in a very abusive house hold with her monster of a mother. I believe she was giving them to her with out Jade knowing.”
“Are the authority’s aware of this?” The doctor asked.
“Yeah, Her mother is in jail now.”
“That’s relieving to hear.” The doctor smiled sympathetically. “I just need you to sighn this stating you give us permission for further medical attention and you can see her, but I recommend that that only one person goes in at a time while your there.” Matt nodded, signed the paper and went to see his daughter.
Jade laid on her side facing the window. Tears fell down her face.
Why would she do this to me? did she really want me dead? Jades thoughts were interrupted by foot steps walking in the room. She figured it was the doctor, but she was surprised when she felt the mattress sink. She jumped slightly to see her father sitting on the bed. She didn’t even attempt to dry her tears.
She turned away and faced the window. She knew he wouldn’t want her anymore after what he had heard. He probably thought if her mother wanted her dead she must of been a horrible kid. Matt laid down next to her. Jade surprised turned over in snuggled in his chest.
“You still want me?” Her voice was strained and soft Matt almost couldn’t hear her.
“Of corse! don’t ever think that,” He kissed the top of her head. There was a knock on the door. Matt looked over to see Padge in the door way. He walked over carrying a bag.
“Hey Jade how you feeling?” He sat in the chair next to the bed.
“Better,” He voice barley over a whisper.
“That’s good. Well I have 2 things for you!” He smiled. He opened up the bag. Jade’s eyes lit up when she saw the tattered cloth. It was Her, Matt’s old, sweatshirt. She took it and put it on. Then Padge took out her next prized possession.
“Ralf!” she exclaimed her voice going dead in the middle. She took the bear and pulled him to her chest.
“Thanks for grabbing those man, greatly appreciated.” Matt thanked him.

Everyone came in for short visits. Jade was exhausted. Matt moved to the chair to let her get some rest. He watched her as she curled up with Ralf, and that tatterd old sweatshirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and let me know what you think
Sorry I haven't been posting much. Things have just been so hetic around here.

Love&Rockets
JaxxMonster