Status: Work On When Feels Like it.

Dear Dad...Please Help.

Melon Collie state

Jade had never been so unwilling to live. She had given up, nothing would be better than death right now. She was hiding in the back of her closet, not that had held anything, she only had two pairs of jeans, three oversized thrift store special t-shirts, and and her favorite black tattered hoodie that once belonged to her dad which she was holding herself together with as if she would shatter into a million little pieces, which would’ve been the best thing at that moment, to shatter away into a million little mis shaped pieces of nothing, but then again, in this melon collie state that she grew to live, she still had some hope. Even though it seem to disappear at ever slurred abusive insult the person on the other side, the one who had the title mother, screamed at her.
She tried concentrating on the sound of her tear drops hitting the wooden floor, but that sound was to soft, even when it was multiple tears. It felt like right then that the little suport that she had, holding her life up two inches off the ground, crashed nothing was left but ruble.
Something also changed as that happened, the yelling the banging at the door, it stopped, it all did all it once, and all she heard was the pounding of feet.
“Freeze, hands up in the air,” He heart pounded, it couldn’t be. she kept denying herself it was the police, why, she hadn’t quite known, as much as she hated this life, it was the one she knew, and she didn’t want to be thrown in a foster home. The door creaked open slowly then opened all the way. Jade closed her eye’s as the unfamiliar light hit them. She opened them again, adjusted. She saw a man with a police outfit on.
“Jade?” he crouched down. She nodded, arms till wrapped around her tiny knees. He looked up and off to the side and nodded, a few seconds later he got up and backed away. A new man replaced his spot.
A man with black hair, ripped jeans.
“Jade, it’s me, it’s dad.” He held out his hand to her. She grabbed it, and he pulled her up and out and into his arms, she was week, she was leaning on him. But she cried, cried tears of happiness, for the first time in her life.
She was weak, from lack of food and nutrition, but she also very tired. She leaned into has sobbed, his arms holding her up. He just stroked her wavy, raven black hair.
“It’s over now,” he cooed to her over and over again. He wrapped his arm around of her, and went to walk, her staggering trying to hold herself up.
He looked at her, realizing that she was in-fact to weak to walk and pick her small fragile frame up and walked out to the car. He set her down in the front seat and buckled her in.

Jade waited for her dad to get done with a lady outside the car. She curled up in a ball and pulled her knees in her sweat shirt to keep warm. He got in the car and started it up.
“You cold baby?” He looked at her. She nodded once. He cranked up the heat, and headed down the road.

"I have a hotel for two days, then we go back home". He grabbed her hand and help it.

home

That sounded real good to her.