Status: slow writer and chapters are not pre-written

Inheritance

Security

Sarah led me through a series of lush hallways. I noticed that they all seemed to slope downwards. Soon enough we caught up with the tail end of the crowd of people that had come to my welcoming party. There were only a few stragglers left walking to the Blue Ballroom. One guy seemed to be almost tailing us but I ignored him because he was probably just another guest. We came to two huge ornate doors. Both were closed with a bulky man standing in front of the pair. He looked like they could snap me like a twig.

“Excuse me, is this the Blue Ballroom?” I asked with a confident smile

“Yes,” He answered gruffly.

“Could you please let us in?”

“Invitations?” he rumbled, extending his hand.

“I don’t have an invitation, do you?” I whispered to Sarah.

“Nope, Gloria has mine.”

“Could you please just let us in? I’m the newly adopted daughter of Jacob Soto, the man who’s throwing this party for me. I bet you they’re all wondering where I am and I don’t want them to worry” I said sweetly giving him doe eyes.

“You get in only if you have an invitation.” He said brusquely. I don’t take well to being disregarded, and I definitely couldn’t take this. I’m not a very patient person. I tend to flare up very easily so when he said that my other side came out.

“Just let us through please.” I said this quietly. I had locked my eyes with his and felt a surge of… something. I’m not sure what it was. It was like I was commanding him to do as I told him and my mind was powering through my eyes into his I was pushing hard against something I wasn’t sure what that was either. Suddenly I broke through.

“What? Do they think I’m an idiot? Of course I’m not going to let them through, especially not with that flimsy excuse. Whoa, her eyes are intense. What’s going on? Huh?...” His thoughts dribbled into incoherent emotions rather than words. Confusion was foremost in them. I instinctively started pushing him to let us through the door, suggesting to his subconscious that it wouldn’t be that bad. He turned to open the door breaking eye contact with me.

I slumped against the wall suddenly feeling exhausted. I had no I idea what had just happened but I felt like it would be too much work to analyze it. As is, it was taking all my energy to stay upright even with the help of the wall. I heard the incoherent white noise that had been coming through the door increase in volume. I felt something pulling at my arm and turned my head and opened forced my eyes open.
♠ ♠ ♠
sry it's been forever. This is a shorter one because I just wanted to get it out there. Thanks for reading. love you♥ comment plz!