Status: slow writer and chapters are not pre-written

Inheritance

Nagato

I climbed over and made a move to step out of the car, but as soon as I tried to support my own way the earth started moving violently under my feet. Aaron caught my arm ad we stood there for a moment trying to get balanced with each other. James climbed out of the car to stand beside us.

“Wow, now that I look at you guys. Dang, you two could be brother sister.” he said.

“Arashi! Is that you in the front?” called a tall woman coming from around the back of the house in ripped jeans and a work shirt, covered in mulch. She had the same eyes as her son, but hers were less sharp, a mother’s eyes.

“Oh, we have company. Why don’t we all step inside?” she said hospitably leading us through the open front door. The inside had light streaming in from windows on every wall. The furniture was old but well kept and comfortable. The room we walked into was the kitchen, dining room, and living room combined. There was a hallway leading off that I assumed held the bedrooms. We all sat down on the couches. I carefully examined her as she bustled around the kitchen looking for something. She finally came up with a pair of glasses which she placed on her nose than came and sat with us. She didn’t look any different from anyone else, definitely not anyone magical. She didn’t seem dark and mysterious as I imagined she would be. She looked to me like an open caring soul. She seemed to be examining me also, sizing up who I was.

“Aloha James, It’s good to see you.” she said but her eyes never left my face. I got the idea that she was often underestimated with her small frame and soft body. She seemed almost childlike and naïve.

“It’s good to see you too Ms. Nagato.” James said good naturedly. She finally turned away from me to look at James.

“I think I saw a mongoose in my garden. Could you possibly go find it and put it on the reserve on your way home.” she said to him, her voice full of worry for her garden and the mongoose. James looked down on her kindly from his oversized height as he prepared to head out to the garden to help her out. I watched him leave and as soon as he left I felt at the mercy of the woman sitting so near me. I looked to James’ back begging him to come back.

“Ankita, I knew you would find your way here eventually.” she said in a caring voice. I looked back at her untrusting. I couldn’t tell what kind of person she was. Usually I can tell instantly what kind of person someone is. It was an instinctual thing. I’d never had to try to find out what a person was like. She seemed like a nice person but that may just be what she wants me to think. Tricks like that don’t usually fool me because I get a vibe off the person that tells me of their true intentions. I can’t really explain it. The problem with Mrs. Nagato was that she didn’t have a vibe for me to read. She was vibeless. It was disconcerting to not know what the other person was like before I had to talk with them. I couldn’t figure out how to deal with her.

“You’re a psychic?” I asked skeptically.

“Yes” she replied.

“Can you teach me what’s going on?” I said with an edge of desperation climbing into my voice.

“Of course darling, I imagine that this all must be terrifying for you.” she said sympathetically, but I still couldn’t bring myself to trust her warm gaze, but she was the only teacher I had.

“I’m ready to begin instruction.” I said steeling myself for the fantastic and impossible. I let go of my prejudices against the unfeasible and tried to open mind to what I was about to learn for my own good.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter doesn't have much of a point and I'll warn you now the nest one is going to read like a text book. Thanks so much for reading :) please comment and thanks to Charlotte..., Kayzi, and kkoll14 for commenting on the last chapter :). Could everyone possibly follow suit and comment pretty please