Status: slow writer and chapters are not pre-written

Inheritance

2nd Incident

James’ POV

I’ve always been horrible at meeting new people. I’m pretty shy and unconfident when it comes to speaking to new people. But with Ankita it feels almost impossible to be insecure. The second she spoke to me and touched my arm, I relaxed. I’ve never met anyone with that kind of effect on me.
I had been nervous about telling her that I was her new brother, but now I just wanted to see her reaction so I spit it out.

“Well Ankita, did I say that right?” she nodded encouragingly for me to continue. “ Well Ankita, I’m your new brother James Soto.”

I looked away from the road for a second in an effort to see her reaction. At first I didn’t see anything in her expression because it was stunned blank. I guess she was reassessing who I was. That’s what I would be doing if the stranger sent to pick me up was my new family member. We sat at a red light for a bit. I turned to meet her eyes. What I saw shocked me.

Her eyes had changed color. Before they had been a coal black now the sparkled like a black opal The colors hypnotized me. What was wrong with me? This girl couldn’t have multicolored eyes.
“Hey, do your eyes ever change color?” I asked tentatively

“What? No.” She replies confused. She yanks down the mirror and I hear a gasp. “What is this?” she breaths.

Her eyes swam with color. She looked back at me and I felt that I couldn’t look away.
HONK!!!

I quickly snap myself out of the trance. What was that?

Ankita’s POV

I was shocked to say the least. I mean, I guess that I knew that I might have new siblings along with the new family. But for some reason I didn’t think they would chauffeur me to my plane or come off so friendly. I just really wasn’t expecting that.

We stopped at a red light. James looks over at me and I see shock pass across his face mirroring mine, but only for a second followed by incredulity. Then he asked what I thought was a totally off-topic question.

“Hey, do your eyes ever change color.”
“What? No.” I replied confused. I pulled down my mirror then heard a gasp. I guess that was me. My eyes were full of color. They were like iridescent pools that constantly shifted and flowed into different patterns. “ What is this?” I breathed in wonder. I looked back at James.

My sweat is dripping off my nose. Wait? This isn’t my sweat? What’s on my hands? I see tomato red boxing gloves. Oh my goodness! I’m in James’ body! I glance around to find a huge arena with thousands of screamers bombarding my ears. What’s going on? “RRROOOUUUNND TWWWOOO!!!!” I hear an announcer shout over a crowd. DING!!! The bell reverberates through me. “ok, go out there and keep doing what you’re doing. Don’t get nervous about being at the junior Olympics. Treat this like a match at home because he’s no better than you. You can beat him. Watch out for his right hook and remember. Float Like A Butterfly! Sting Like A Bee!” The last part was shouted as the man behind me who I assumed was James’ coach pushed me into center ring.

HONK!!!

I snapped out of the vision suddenly, feeling a little dizzy from it. First the social worker, now James. What is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading :) comments are a wonderful thing. Don't bash, but even telling that my writing sucks and how it sucks will be appreciated. I need all the help i can get.