Status: Complete!

A Party Song

You like her.

I was walking through the halls with Kennadee, Kara, Rian, Jack and Alex, we were all headed the same way. Kennadee and Kara had been pointing out and suggesting guys for me all the way to class.

"Oh! What about Henry Sanchez?!" Kara suggested. I sighed and groaned.

"Eh, he's a football player" I replied. "You guys, can we seriously stop with the guys. I'll just go with whoever asks me!"

"There is nothing wrong with footballs, they are extremely cute and have muscle. Plus, what if you don't like whoever asks you?" Kennadee argued.

"Guys! Just listen to her, she doesn't want one of your stupid show off athletes for her date to the dance!" Jack defended. Everyone cocked their eyebrows at him, and I smiled.

"Then who do you suggest she go's with Jack?" Kennadee smirked. He blushed.

"Uh, I dunno. Someone better than those fake guys" he said. Kara and Kennadee laughed, and Alex and Rian looked at Jack confused, but we just kept walking. Everyone went their separate ways to class, and I was still confused.

Jack's POV

Oh shit. I can't believe I just did that. They're gonna suspect it now! Way to go Jack, I thought to myself walking to class. Well, it's obvious the girls know. I walked in, and took my seat beside Kennadee and Alex. Kennadee smirked at me.

"You like her" Kennadee whispered.

"Huh? What? Like who?" I lied.

"Oh come on Jack, it's so obvious. You like Ocean Miller. You have to ask her to the dance!" Kennadee cheered.

"Okay fine. I like her. Were you trying to make me jealous back there?" I asked a bit irritated.

"Well no, but that little bit about the fake football players that slipped out, it kind of made me think you were" Kennadee laughed.

"Ha ha. Very funny" I said sarcastically. I pulled my textbook up, and took out my phone, while Kennadee payed attention to the teacher, or looked as she was, and Alex doodled on the piece of paper locked in his binder.

"I can help you Jack" she said not taking her eyes off the chalk board. "Just ask her yourself, and I'll cover you from there" she told me and went back to writing notes.

*

I leaned against the car, when I saw Kennadee walking over, straight in my direction.

"Well?" she asked.

"Well what?"

"Did you ask her?" she asked.

"Uhh, no"

"Why not? This isn't grade 4. If you like someone, you ask them Jack. Not you act mean, or don't show it, or hide in the corner!" she shouted.

"Geez! Could you be any louder" I shushed her.

"Sorry" she replied. "So, when will you?"

"I don't know"

"Jack, where you just listening to anything I said?" she asked.

"We're not in grade 4, blah blah blah" I replied. She gave me a look that said 'you're stupid'. "Fine! I'll ask her tomorrow" I told her, putting my hands up in defense. "It's not until two weeks anyways..." I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" she asked walking away.

"Huh? Nothing" I lied.

"Good" she said walking off towards Kara, Rian and Ocean. Alex butted in with Lisa clinging to him. He looked over at Kennadee, then turned back to me. I rolled my eyes.

"What was that about?" he asked, while Lisa started to whine, and get his attention.

"Just a project we planned. For, uh, a subject" I told Alex. He cocked his eyebrows at me.

"Whatever you say man" he said getting into the car. "Oh, by the way, we have band practice tonight at 6. Dawson's house" he told me. I nodded and started the car, then backed out of the spot, driving off into the streets of Lutherville- Timonium.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Feedback please? I'd really appreciate it! :]