Fake Perfection

Chapter 10

Well, the only one changes which brought the situation in the staircase was in that, that, if before that Bill used every single motive just to make her feel miserable, then now he was simply doing his best while ignoring her.

At least for that day, he managed to keep the distance between them, and Sarah didn't try to change it. It felt way too awkward to communicate with him. And, the only one thing which she did, was wishing him luck before they entered the stage that night.

The show was splendid, and everyone seemed to be satisfied with it.

***

On the next day everything seemed to be good. They had to perform that night, and there was only one interview, which took just 45 minutes. After they returned back to the hotel they left to their rooms. However, after about an hour or two, Sarah was interrupted by an impatient knock onto her door.

She opened it and big was her surprise, when she saw Georg, besides he looked worried.

“What's wrong?” Sarah confused.

“Show is canceled.”

She frowned: “What do you mean?”

“Bill fell from stairs.” he said.

Sarah's jaw dropped: “He did what? How did it happen?”

“No one knows... one of clients found him, and he was taken to the hospital, I found that out only 20 minutes ago, David canceled the show, and we're going back to Berlin.”

Sarah grabbed her jacket, as she followed Georg, who led her to the elevator. She didn't know where he was taking her, but she knew that Georg will tell her everything.

“Did he break something?”

“No, it looks like he's okay, he didn't even let anyone to touch him.”

Sarah raised her eyebrows.

“Everyone's downstairs.” Georg informed her.

Well, it was obvious, 'cause, when they reached the first floor, Sarah heard Bill's demanding voice as he tried to convince David that he feels fine.

“Well, for God's sake, we're all tired, and I fell! Big deal! Everyone could get in situation like that.” Bill called out.

“Then why are you the only one then?”

“Great! Tom,” he bespoke his twin, who sat on the couch, his hand crossed onto his chest, Tom looked very dissatisfied, but he glanced at Bill, “go and fall down the stairs, that will make David feel better!”

“Bill, you had to be at the hospital now.” Tom answered his obviously stupid sentence with slight irritation.

“I AM FINE!” Bill exclaimed, “I feel great, I have never felt better!”

Gustav, who was also there, wanted to say something, but Bill glared at him, and his band mate shut up.

Georg and Sarah approached all three of them, Bill flashed them a destructive look. He really did look fine... well, except for his constant yelling.

“Oh, look, two more people! Now, who else wants to ask me how do I feel?” Bill said sarcastically, as he crossed his arms onto his chest.

He staid there for few more moments, but then he obviously came up with the decision that he was too good to grace hem with his presence. Without any hesitation broke trough Sarah and Georg and left.

“What's wrong?” Sarah asked, as she glanced at David.

“He left the hospital, he refused to let them see if he's fine.”

Sarah frowned: “Why?”

Tom sighed, as he stood up: “No one knows... he refuses to give any kind of explanations.”

“Did he tell you why he fell?” Georg asked.

“Well, when he woke up at first, he told that he had lost the balance, but it didn't make sense, 'cause it happened for no reason at all.” David said.

Georg didn't seem to understand: “Weird...”

“Maybe it's because of that, that he's really tired?” Sarah tried to find an explanation.

“It has happened before.” Gustav said suddenly, “Just once, but it has happened before. However, he refuses to see the doctor then. And he's just so annoying lately.”

Sarah puzzled. Why hadn't she noticed that? Well, she knew that Bill was a jerk, but why hadn't she noticed the fact that something was happening?

Tom sighed: “I'll talk to him.”

He passed them as he followed after his twin brother. Others, who staid in the vestibule, seemed to be more puzzled than worried.

“Well...” David said, “If he says that he's fine, then we have no other choice, but to sit and wait for another crash.”

“Are you serious?” Georg frowned.

“I'll write it off as an exhaustion. Band will go back home, you'll have some rest, and then we'll carry on with the tour.” David said, but he didn't seem to like the idea, “Now I only have to find the real words how to tell it to the press.”

“Not an easy task...” Georg said thoughtfully.

“No...” David said.

He slowly turned around and left. Sarah looked after him, Gustav and Georg also left. She staid alone in an empty vestibule.

What was that? And if it was something important, then why didn't they tell it to her?