Fake Perfection

Chapter 13

On the next day Sarah entered the kitchen, where she met Tom and Georg. They were laughing about something, but once they saw her, both guys greeted her cheerfully.

“Ready to leave?” Georg asked, “David came 15 minutes ago, informed us that the car will be waiting for you.”

“Great!” Sarah said happily, “But I guess that I would love to have a coffee.”

“Sure, I'll make it for you!” Tom said.

Sarah puzzled, but Tom stood up to make her a coffee.

Shortly after that they all were sitting around the table, laughing, when Bill came into the kitchen.

“Well, you're up early!” Tom bespoke him.

Bill smirked: “Yeah, I guess that I am...”

He went to make himself a coffee, Sarah eyed him for a moment, she noticed that Bill smiled about something. He gave her a short glance, but girl turned away.

“Oh, by the way, mom is coming to see us!” Tom suddenly spoke.

“No.” Bill breathed out, he looked rather nervous than annoyed.

“Yes, David told that he called her and that she had showed an initiative to come and see if her son feels okay.” Georg said calmly.

“He did not tell her that!” Bill sounded almost desperate.

“Bill, it's your mom, she had to know it!” Sarah joined to their conversation.

Bill threw a glare into her direction: “Yeah, well, her care will not make me feel better!”

“You said yourself that we shouldn't be worried, so just tell her the same and maybe she will not suffocate you with her hugs.” Tom smirked.

Sarah chuckled, she would have never guessed that twins had a mom who cared about them too much sometimes.

“I will not withheld a day with her!” Bill muttered.

“Come on, she's not that bad.” Georg laughed.

“She's not your mother.” Bill gave an instant answer.

Tom was laughing now.

Sarah stood up slowly, she had finished her coffee already.

“Okay, guys, have fun, I'll be going home,” she smirked at Bill, who was looking at his cup, “to see my crazy anxious family.”

With that she exited the kitchen, but Bill raised his look. His eyes sparkled, which made Tom to understand that, that Bill was up to something.

“Oh, don't you even think about that!” Tom said warningly, “You can't just leave me here with mom!”

“Watch me.” Bill said with an evil smile.

He put his cup on the counter and followed Sarah, who was now heading for her room to collect her stuff.

“She will never agree with that.” Georg said, though he wasn't assured.

“Actually I have a feeling that she will...” Tom muttered.

“Well, aren't you going to stop him?”

Tom smirked: “Like I could...”

***

Bill didn't even bother to knock, he simply broke into her room, Sarah almost jumped once she heard his voice.

“Can I go with you?”

“Excuse me?” she confused, looking at Bill with an amused look.

“You heard me- Can I go with you?”

She wrinkled her eyebrows.

“I don't think that I understand your sudden enthusiasm, Bill.”

“Come on!” he exclaimed, swiftly he crossed the room, to sit on the edge of her bed, then he looked at her with a hopeful look, “You are my only chance to escape all those thousand questions which my mother has prepared for me!”

Sarah chuckled: “Bill, she's your mom, I don't think that you should be acting like that.”

“Gosh!” he sighed, “It is not like I hate my mom, 'cause I love her, but you haven't seen her when she's worried... it's just so exhausting!”

Sarah took one of her bags, to check it's content. She was leaving only for few days, so there was no need to take a lot of things with her.

“Please?” Bill spoke again.

She glanced at him, he looked like a lost kitten at that moment.

“I don't know, Bill... I don't think that it's a good idea, you don't know my family, and that is your mom...”

Bill wasn't used to beg for things, he usually just got them, so this situation was kind of irritating for him.

“I am not asking anything big! I just wish to escape some uncomfortable moments!” he said as he stood up, but something went wrong.

The sudden weakness hit his body, the feeling was as if he was drunk, everything in front of his eyes darkened and he was forced to sit back, otherwise he would have lost his consciousness again.

“Hey, are you okay?” Sarah confused as she approached him quickly.

Bill nodded; he covered his face with both hands.

“I rose up too quickly... give me a moment. It'll pass.” he calmed her, wile rubbing his temple, “See?” he chuckled, “If my mom had seen it, she would have dragged me to the hospital, without any warning.”

He stood up slowly, as if making sure that it will not happen again. Sarah smiled at him, but it was obvious that she was worried. She hadn't seen him like this before, and she had a feeling, that she wasn't the only one...

“You know, if it is that important for you, then you can come with me.” she spoke quietly.

Bill smiled at her: “Sarah, it's okay, I mean, this request is irrational. That is your family, and you don't even know me.”

“But I mean it.” she tried t convince him, “You can come with me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Bill,” she smirked, “stop testing my patience, okay? If I said that it's okay, then it's okay.”

Bill smiled brightly: “You are my savior, I will make it up to you, I promise.” he said as he reached out to smooth her hair lightly, “Besides,” he leaned to whisper her the next sentence, “I think that I am facing an unexpected crash here...”

Sarah didn't move, she only felt light touch, as he kissed her neck tenderly, after which he slipped past her and left the room.

Girl smiled, but her face remained thoughtful... she couldn't understand him. One minute he hated her, on the next he was telling her that he was interested in her?
Weird...

***

Tom was passing his brother's room, when he noticed that Bill was packing his bag, he did that quickly, so, obviously, Sarah had given him the green light.

“Bill,” Tom bespoke him, as he stood in the door, “can I ask you something?”

“Sure...” Bill didn't seem to pay much attention to him.

“What are you doing?”

Only now Bill raised his look, to see his brother's face.

“What do you mean?”

“You wanted to get rid of her just couple days ago, but now you are going with her to visit her family... and you don't even know her. So, the question of the day is--- What the hell are you doing now?” now Tom was the one who sounded caustic.

Bill smiled; he zipped up his bag, and threw it over his left shoulder.

“Well, Tom, let's just say, that I changed my mind.”

“That is not alike you, Bill, you never change your mind.” Tom refused to believe in him.

Bill laughed at that. He approached Tom, looking at his twin with a curious look.

“Tom, I can make mistakes, I am only human, am I not?”

Tom frowned, but Bill tapped on his shoulder.

“We'll be back soon. Hug mom from me, and tell her that everything will be alright. Deal?”

“That's fine with me.”

Bill smiled brightly, but then they both heard how Sarah exited her room a bit further. She approached them. Tom glanced at her with a visible misunderstanding, but she beamed.

“Well, ready to go?” she asked Bill.

“Sure.”

After that they only stopped once to say their goodbyes to Georg, who was also quite amused with the situation. Gustav wasn't up yet, so they couldn't inform him about their leaving, but Bill didn't seem to care, and Sarah wanted to reach the destination sooner, so they headed for the car.

Even if Bill kept his distance between him and Sarah, Tom and Georg still decided that they were up to something... though, none of them said it out loud...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know- pretty boring, huh?
I can't make all chapters exciting, so you shouldn't blame me.
Anyways, I just wanted to get rid of Tom, Gustav and Georg for some time, that's why I wrote this chapter.