Fake Perfection

Chapter 22

Tom sat by the door, looking at the number, which was written on it.

When Sarah noticed him, she puzzled a bit... Tom was usually the one, who was joking, while Bill was the one, who was looking into a distance at those moments, when he wasn't screaming, so this situation wasn't usual for her.

She had shad noticed all those little similarities (Sarah wasn't blind), but at this moment Tom looked exactly like Bill.

She was affright to approach him, Sarah knew that partly this was also her fault. How could she say that she loved Bill, if she didn't do anything to prevent this seizure?

Unwillingly she cut the distance between Tom and herself. Tom looked at her only when she was near with him.

Sarah didn't know what to do or how to act... she barely knew Tom, which was weird. After all, he was Bill's twin brother, practically, he was almost the same person. However, so different at the same time.

Tom gave her a weak smile.

“Hey, you fainted back at home, I hope that you are feeling better now?” he asked in unusually polite voice.

“I am fine, those were just nerves...” she said quietly.

Tom nodded: “David told me that you are coming.”

“Yeah. Georg made a phone call, before we left.” She answered in the same faint voice, then Sarah looked at the door.

“How is he?”

“Asleep... actually I am waiting for that moment, when he will wake up and start an argument... Bill hates hospitals.”

“I know.” Sarah said thoughtfully.

Tom smirked lightly: “You know a lot, don't you?”

Sarah only nodded, words didn't come out. Her own voice refused to listen to her.

After some consideration, she sat near with Tom, he didn't even show any kind of sign about that, that he wouldn't want that.

“You know...” Tom suddenly spoke, “Bill and I- we have always shared everything... at least I thought so...” he glanced at Sarah, “However, he chose not to tell me about that, that he was sick. And that is one thing, which I can't grip... not only that, but also that, how could I ignore those facts which were so obvious...”

Sarah didn't know, what to answer. She felt Tom's eyes burning into her, but she couldn't understand, if he did it because he was affright for Bill, or did he really hate her at the moment.

“You also knew that, right?”

Girl averted him for a moment. When she looked back at Tom, she sighed heavily.

“Something was happening. I felt that something was wrong.” she said quietly, “He told me couple days ago, but he made me to promise that I will be silent. I tried to convince him, that he needed help, but he refused to listen...”

“So alike him...” Tom muttered, “Pride is our worst quality.”

They both fell in silence again. Sarah tried to find something, what would sound in place, but she couldn't. Tom was obviously crushed, but alike Bill, he kept it to himself.

“Can I...?” she suddenly spoke.

Tom nodded his head: “Go ahead. I don't think that he will be happy to see me.”

Sarah stood up. For a moment she hesitated, searching for sentence, which would make Tom feel better, but she didn't know what would be those magical words, so she didn't say anything. Instead she crossed the hall and entered the ward.

*** 

Bill was monitored by all those machines. It looked like in one of those movies... there were wires, small lights, and signals, which probably were his heartbeats. Sarah was about to cry, but then again, she didn't see any reason for doing that.

He was alive, and that was the most important thing.

Slowly she crossed the room, approaching his bed. Bill was asleep.

How surreal... just couple hours ago she had heard him raging, then came the sudden confession, and this... his life wasn't normal, it was literally flying with an incredible speed. There were only few people, who could catch up with him. Maybe he himself was falling behind in this race? Who knew...

Sarah felt somehow uncomfortable here, but she sat in the chair, near with the bed, looking at him with a thoughtful look.

What will happen now? How will they solve this situation?

Press will eat them alive... Bill Kaulitz had a heart attack. Not really the best advertisement for the band, which has just how released a new album.

*** 

She had spent there for more than an hour, when Gustav came in.

“We managed to coax Tom to go home and have some rest. Are you coming with us, or will you stay here with Bill?” he asked quietly.

“I'll stay. I have rested enough...” Sarah gave him an easy answer.

“Okay. David will also be in hospital, so if you need any help, you know where to go...” Gustav said thoughtfully, “We'll be back soon... maybe after few hours. Tom wants to inform their mother, it won't be an easy task.”

“Okay. I wish him all the luck, because, as far as I have heard form Bill, their mom is a very protective person.” Sarah smiled weakly, “And, I'll call you, if he wakes up.”

“Don't stay here for too long. Come back home, if you are tired.” Gustav said, his voice almost pleading, “Bill feels fine, doctor said that he is simply asleep, so you don't have to be worried about him.”

Sarah nodded, however, those words didn't calm her.

Gustav touched her shoulder lightly: “Everything will be just fine... trust me.”

He gave her a warm smile and then left.

Sarah didn't wish to leave, but she couldn't blame Tom... after all, telling these news to their mother, will take a lot of more nerve than staying here in hospital.

*** 

“Sarah?” Sarah heard a stirring voice in her head, “Sarah!?” someone touched her hand and she almost jumped in her chair.

She had fallen asleep probably. That would explain the fact, why was she still here in the ward.

She raised her head, looking at Bill, who looking right back at her.

“Hey!” he said, with an unusually bright smile gracing his features.

“Hey...” Sarah confused, “You're awake... finally!”

Bill's smile faded just a bit: “Why did you say finally?”

Sarah raised an eyebrow: “Bill, you were asleep for more than 6 hours, after you fainted in your room...”

Bill frowned: “I fainted?”

“You don't remember?” Sarah confused.

Bill looked around at all those monitors. Only now he understood, what was going on and he knew, what all those machines did, but he couldn't recall the fainting scene... the last thing, which appeared in his mind, was that, how he left Sarah's room, entered his own, and then... then he woke up here.

“Well... I am in a hospital...” Bill concluded, then he glanced at Sarah, “Did you brought me here?”

Sarah pushed back her hair, looking at Bill with a slight concern.

“No, Bill, Georg called for an ambulance.”

“He did...” Bill said slowly, “Well, it doesn't surprise me...”

Then he sat up, ignoring Sarah's raising nervousness, and started to remove all those wires, which were there to monitor his health condition.

“What are you doing?” she asked quietly.

“And how do you think?” Bill asked, taking off the plastic, which was on his finger, it probably read his heartbeat, because once he took it off, the monitor which was giving out short signals started to squeak, while showing a flatline, “I am going home.” he was determined with his decision.

“Bill, you can't...!” Sarah exclaimed.

“Why is that so?” Bill frowned, “I have always done that.”

“But this is different!”

“I don't see any difference here... they keep taking me to the hospital, and I keep leaving it... it's normal.” Bill said, giving her a short glance, “It's like a game...”

At that moment the door opened. Two nurses and the doctor ran inside. Probably they wanted to give the first help, but instead, they saw Bill, who looked at them happily.

“Oh, great, you are here too!” he said as he jumped out of the bed.

“Bill, you...” Sarah started, but Bill cut her off.

“I would like to get my clothing back. I am going home.”

Doctor and nurses exchanged with confused looks, but Sarah lost her patience.

“Will you listen to me for once?!”

Bill gave her an irritated look: “Sarah, we can discuss it later...”

“Bill, you had a heart attack.” her voice was stern, when she said it.

Bill stopped all his protests instantly. Now he was looking at her with a disbelief.

“You're lying...” he finally spoke, but his voice expressed a pure mistrust and something similar to fear, “I am 20. I am too young to have a heart attack.”

“But you did.” Sarah said strictly, “Now... do you still want to go home?”

Bill was looking at her, his mouth slightly open, as if he wanted to say something, but words left unspoken.

Then he simply went back to his bed. Like an obedient child he slid under his cover and let one of the nurses to put back all those wires, which he had taken off just a minute ago.

“I though so.” Sarah said quietly as she watched him.

After doctor had checked all the showers and he was assured, that Bill felt good and pretty much alive, he and nurses left.

Only then Bill looked at Sarah, who had binned there for this entire time.

“I would like for you to go now.” he spoke suddenly, his voice quiet and wounded.

She frowned, but Bill averted her.

“Leave. I need some time alone.”

Sarah hesitated for a moment, but then she turned around and left his ward. She just couldn't understand him... it was as if they spoke in a different languages, where only couple words were similar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Weird... I get more feedback when I am not updating... maybe I should stop updating? *laughs*

Anyway- thank you for your comments.
<3 you guys.