Fake Perfection

Chapter 27

The next day Sarah came into the kitchen, she looked like a walking disaster. Tom, Gustav and Georg, who already were there, watched her, as she approached the table and sat in the chair. Actually it seemed to amuse them, but they tried their best not to laugh.

Sarah didn't even look at them. She groaned quietly and buried her face in her hands.

“Why, the hell, did you let me drink last night?” she whined.

Tom chuckled. He stood up and approached the fridge. There he took a bottle of water and brought it to her.

“Well, if I only knew, that it will make you look this terrible, I would never let you do that.” he said jokingly.

Sarah glared at him and took the bottle, but she didn't try to answer.

Meanwhile Georg and Gustav were watching her with a visible interest.

“I wonder...” Georg started, but Sarah glared at him.

“Better don't do that, or else I will throw you with the chair.”

He smiled broadly, but didn't finish the sentence, which he had started.

“Well, do you know that, we have to go to the hospital after an hour?” Gustav asked her.

Sarah looked at him with a slightly confused expression.

“Yeah.” Tom added. “And, by the way, he will be discharged fro the hospital today.”

“What?” She looked at Tom. “What do you mean, he will be discharged?”

“I mean, Bill's coming home today.”

Her jaw dropped.

“I think that she didn't know..” Georg smirked at her reaction. Tom and Gustav also smiled.

“Guys, tell me that you're joking...” Sarah pleaded. “I mean, I can't go and see him today! I look terrible, I feel terrible... I...” Suddenly she stood up. “I have to get ready...”

Three guys, who left behind her, laughed, when she rushed out of the kitchen.

“Do you think that she will be ready before leaving?” Georg asked jokingly.

“Well, she didn't look that bad...” Gustav said thoughtfully, but Tom smirked lightly.

“Yeah, well, if she will decide to put on the makeup to look good, then she will never make it on time...” he said jokingly.

***

Sarah tried to straighten her hair, but her hands were trembling, and she didn't even know, why she was so worried. He was coming home, and those were good news, right?

“Ouch!” she shrunk, when the hair straightener touched her neck. She cursed and threw it on the small table near with the mirror. Then she noticed that her fingernails looked like a mess and suddenly she felt tired.

Sarah leaned with her hands on the edge of table. She looked at her own reflection and sighed quietly.

Bill is in the hospital, waiting for them, but she will look like a junkie, who hasn't slept the night... what a nice beginning for the day.

Then she was interrupted by a quiet knock on the door. The girl sighed again, she straightened herself and took the hairbrush.

“It's open!” she announced.

The door opened. It was Tom, who's head appeared through the crack between the wall and the door.

“Hey! Are you ready to go?” he asked her and came into the room, looking at her.

Sarah turned around and smiled weakly. Tom raised an eyebrow. He wasn't blind, he noticed that she was faking her smile.

“What's wrong?”

“Everything!” Sarah exclaimed. She went to the bed and sat there, throwing the hairbrush near with her. “I look like a scarecrow, I feel like a crap, and I don't want to go anywhere today!”

Tom just stood there, listening to her weird confession. Actually it amused him, but he tried not to smile, so she wouldn't take an offence. He sighed quietly and closed the door behind himself. Then he went to Sarah. Tom knelt in front of her, looking up into her face, but the girl turned away.

“Silly girl...” Tom muttered. “Sarah? Do you really think that Bill cares that you don't look like a million dollars once in a while? He will also look tired and not as good as usually after all, he spent the last days in the hospital.”

Sarah glanced at Tom. She felt slightly uncomfortable, knowing that Tom was right. He smiled at her. Tom reached out and took her hands in his.

“Trust me, he only wants to see you. I know my brother very well, he is not such a jerk... at least not at the most of times...” Tom finished the sentence with a thoughtful expression on his face.

Sarah smiled weakly. She knew that Tom was pretending, it was obvious that he loved his brother.

“Now, get up...” Tom said as he stood up, but she refused to do the same.

“Tom, I can't! Just look at me, I look terrible.”

He sighed again. He didn't know what to do next and then he turned around and noticed the sunglasses, which stood on a table nears with the mirror. He smiled.

Before Sarah managed to come up with another excuse, Tom went to the table and took the shades.

“Here you go.” He said, when he came back and put them on her. “Bill also wears sunglasses every time, when he doesn't want to spend an hour in front of the mirror in the mornings.”

“Tom...” Sarah groaned tiredly, she didn't like his fast ideas.

“Come on, just look at yourself, okay?”Tom said. He once more took her by the hand and tried to pull her up, and this time she obeyed him.

Sarah approached the mirror and looked at her own reflection. Still she didn't like it, but maybe Tom was right, she did look a bit better now.

“Well?” he asked her, coming behind Sarah, so she would see his face in the mirror.

“Well, okay, I'll try...” she said, though her voice didn't sound very exited. But it was all, what Tom had to know, because he smiled looking quite satisfied with her answer.

“Great.” he said happily. “Then we are waiting for you outside!”

Sarah nodded. Tom went to the door and looked at her, before he left the room.

“Just turn off the hair straightener, otherwise, we will have to explain to David, why did we burn down the house.”

Sarah smiled. “I would like to see his face, if it really happened.”

Tom chuckled. “Well, I think that we have enough problems already.”

“Yeah, I guess so...” Sarah agreed with him.

“Then I'll see you by the car in five minutes.” he reminded her. The girl nodded, but Tom left the room.

***

Once they were by the hospital, Tom decided to go to the doctor, since he knew, that Bill will probably tell him just a half of the story, Gustav said that he wanted to stay by the car, since there were already couple photographers, who were waiting for them. It also meant that he had to call to David and make sure that they could leave the hospital safely. But Georg offered to accompany Sarah to Bill's ward.

Tom was slightly irritated, when he saw that paparazzi was taking their photos. And it didn't surprise anyone. After all, Bill was in the hospital, and it had nearly turned into a tragedy for the band, but for press it was just another show. An article, which they could put on the first page, so people would buy their stupid newspapers and magazines. However, he didn't yell, he just passed them. Sarah and Georg followed him, ignoring the questions, which came form journalists, who surrounded them.

When they finally entered the hospital, Tom went to the nurse, who gave him further directions to the doctor's cabinet, but Sarah and Georg left to the ward, where Bill was already expecting for them.

***

Georg reached out and opened the door, and then they both stopped, looking at Bill, who was packing his bag. It was kind of funny, because he actually had asked to bring him some clothing to the hospital, even if he didn't need them probably.

Weird, Bill could cohabit with a heart problem, but he couldn't exist without his outfits.

The singer closed the bag and glanced at the door. As soon as he saw them, he smiled. “Hey, guys! You had to be here 10 minutes ago.”

“Sorry, the traffic was terrible.” Gerog answered him.

“Well, that's okay, I still have to sign some kind of papers...” Bill said, taking his bag. “They promised to bring them here, so, I have to stay in the ward.” Then he looked at Sarah, who stood there quietly. “What's up with the glasses?”

She smiled. “It's good to see you too, Bill.”

Then there was an awkward moment of silence. Finally Georg interrupted it.

“Okay, Gustav is outside. He'll make sure that David is here, before we leave.”

“Why?” Bill frowned.

“Because the press is already waiting for you?”

“Oh, God...”

“Yeah, I think that they are here ever since that day, when you came to the hospital.” Sarah said thoughtfully.

“Well, it wouldn't surprise me at all...” the singer admitted.

Georg chuckled. “Okay, then I will take your bag to the car, and tell to Gustav, that you will be there soon.”

Bill nodded. He approached the bassist and gave him his bag. “I'll give you a call... or Sarah will do that.”

Georg nodded. “Okay, guys, I'll see you after couple minutes then.”

Sarah and Bill also nodded, and then Georg left them. Bill looked after him for a while and then he looked at Sarah again.

“Where's Tom?”

“He's here. He went to see the doctor.” she calmed him.

“Oh... okay... Wild night?” Bill smirked at her.

“No...”

He reached out to take off her glasses. She didn't stop him, but when he looked into her face, Sarah turned away.

“I think you look great.” he said quietly.

She smiled, when Bill touched her chin, and turned her head to look at him. He moved closer, looking into her eyes.

“...missed you...” he said in a half whisper.

“I missed you too...” Sarah answered him quietly.

He beamed and kissed her tenderly. Sarah grinned against his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck, before he withdrew her, and pulled him into second, more passionate kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think that I need some action here... and fast... what should I do? I am running out of ideas... ):